Samsung S20 settings... am i this dumb?

KidNiki1

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 2010
hi anandtech mobile forum friends!

ive been trying to find an answer to this, and i guess my google-fu just sucks in this regard. I'm sorry if this is a totally easy question, but i just cannot for the life of me figure this out.

my question: a lot of my stuff ( folders, settings, etc) open up and look like this
Screenshot_20210603-142719_Settings.jpg

this is a ridiculous amount of empty space at the top of the screen and i really don't know why, but it annoys the effin eff out of me.

i can swipe up just a bit for some things to get it to look like this:
Screenshot_20210603-142726_Settings.jpg

NO EXTRA SPACE I LOVE IT!

is there a way, a setting, whatever, that i can make pic2 the default look? I have looked at so many settings, and i can't find anything that makes sense. i don't even know what that open area in the first pic is called, so i don't know what to google or search for in my phone settings.

many thanks in advance if anyone knows how to set pic2 as a default look!

zebrax2

Nov 18, 2007
That's part of the Samsung custom UI. The purpose of that is to place the interactive elements within your fingers reach when you open of the menus/apps (e.g. you might not be able to reach the 'notification pop-up style' in the second screen shot without changing the position of your hands in the phone or using your other hand). AFAIK there is no option to disable it.

KidNiki1

Platinum Member
Oct 15, 2010
That's part of the Samsung custom UI. The purpose of that is to place the interactive elements within your fingers reach when you open of the menus/apps (e.g. you might not be able to reach the 'notification pop-up style' in the second screen shot without changing the position of your hands in the phone or using your other hand). AFAIK there is no option to disable it.

poop. well, thanks for answering! i appreciate it!