Question Samsung Odyssey+ mixed reality issue

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I've barely used this since buying it, but at first it worked; now when I start it, the image is sort of a black (with some graphics that appear/move around in the black) and the image is a big circle in the middle of the black, like a rifle telescopic site. The difference between the two is I downgraded from an RX 380 to an RX 570 graphics card.

Samsung support says 24/7 chat, but when I tried it couldn't find an agent and asked I want to wait, I'm guessing they're shut down. So, any ideas?

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
I know pretty-much NOTHING about virtual-reality helmets / HUDs for PC. That being said... that's the RX 570 I hooked you up with, isn't it? I hope it's not some defect in the card. Has it been acting up at all, otherwise?

Sounds kind of like some sort of driver / support app issue. What AMD drivers are you running? 20.3.1 are out, I think that's what I'm on right now. 20.2.2 were pretty stable as well.

Edit: An idea, might work, might not do anything useful. Un-install VR headset software. Update AMD drivers to newest. (Make sure to change the drop-down from "Recommended" to "Recommended + Optional", to see the newest, in Radeon Control Panel, if you use that to update drivers. Otherwise, use AMD's web site to download newest drivers and install manually.) Then re-install the newest VR software for your headset, and it should pick up the drivers that you just installed prior. Might need some re-boots in-between, too.

Last edited:

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
I know pretty-much NOTHING about virtual-reality helmets / HUDs for PC. That being said... that's the RX 570 I hooked you up with, isn't it? I hope it's not some defect in the card. Has it been acting up at all, otherwise?

Ya, I do not think it has anything to do with the card other than being a bit laggier. Tiny chance that with less performance it does this. I'm gonna try to reach them tomorrow for support. All the software involved hasn't changed.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Man, Samsung support sucks.

1. They close at 3PM.

2. Calling at that time, their voice system couldn't understand speech.

3. The automated system had no option for the product.

4. So I picked an arbitrary product. The hold message is a woman constantly repeating a message about text time them, It'd horrible to listen to constantly.

5. I've heard it hundreds of times. It was a long hold time. (20 minutes?)

6. Got to someone. They don't support their product and said call Microsoft.

7. Asked to talk to someone about their automated system. They kept asking over and over and over 'the automated system itself?' Yes. 'We don't have that'. Finally had to ask for a manager.

8. Another long hold, no one yet.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
It very well might be because there is no one on duty to fix it.

No, they literally don't offer support for their product at all, and say that they expect customers to go to Microsoft for support, it seems that is unrelated to the current situation. And then Microsoft only has support via a call back within 48 hours from 'level 3', which also seems unrelated to the current situation (I think I recall the same several months ago).