Info Samsung Odyssey Ark 55" 'personal gaming theatre' monitor. 4k lcd 144hz mini-led fald amd freesync

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
$3500 price, 1000mm radius curve, no displayport, solar powered dial controler and remote. one cable to breakout box input.
full portrait mode for true gamers who need to look up.
jWAPnvpyv5ZckJB7UDoysm.jpg

Reactions: GPUMARK

Heartbreaker

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2006
Samsung trying every gimmick it can imagine and hoping one of them sticks.

Every video I saw for this screen was a "Sponsored Video", AKA paid advertising, and they all used it is that stupid vertical orientation which looks uncomfortable to use more than 15 seconds. Never mind hours at a time.

Spend less than half the money and get 42" or 48" C2 OLED.

Jul 27, 2020
It might work better with a vertical height adjustable table. But then one would need a lapboard. The right height for the table may be too low to reach with your hands.

gorobei

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2007
It might work better with a vertical height adjustable table. But then one would need a lapboard. The right height for the table may be too low to reach with your hands.
i have 2 ergo desks (from used office supply retailer) that are height adjustable for standing and sitting with adjustable keyboard trays that can go above the desk level. i could crank the desk as low as possible, raise the kb tray back up to normal height and the ss odyssey ark in portrait would have 66% of the display below my eye level. that would allow one to have secondary windows in the lower third be a quick eye flick down while never having to look up.

it would be like old arcade cabinets with vertical orientation. as long as the display is below your eye level, it is comfortable.

Reactions: igor_kavinski

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005

$3500 dollars... my heart just shattered....

I would of gotten it without batting an eye for 2500ish... but 3500... is a definite "I need to think about it."
I know i got deep pockets when it comes to toys, but you'd need a black hole in your pants to actually consider it.

Also no display port = TV not a monitor.
I'll wait on dell for a 32inch QD OLED.