Samsung Galaxy S6 hype thread

Page 50 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
My brother still loves his. He doesn't do much calling but a lot of facebook and texting. He has ~50% on average at the end of the day.

With the new moto phones and the oneplus two being at least a millimeter thicker than the phones they replace, and the Verizon version of the xperia Z4 being thicker than the standard model, I don't see any need to upgrade from my Droid Maxx right now. Screen is about the right size, battery life is good, and the SOC/camera is good enough for whatever I'm doing. I can wait to see the new Nexus phones, or maybe all the way to the S7. As nice as the S6 really is, for some reason it doesn't feel right in my hand. Hard to explain.

S6 camera is so much better than the Turbo it's not even worth comparing. The camera on the Turbo is infuriating. I can't tell you how many shots I missed because of a terrible delay in tapping the screen and when it actually took the shot. I just ended up with a blurred mess as I was putting the phone back in my pocket.

Comfort wise I agree. The S6 is just an awkward size for me. The rounded sides of the Turbo combined with the rubbery back were just a lot easier to keep my hands on. Plus it was a wider phone and I just find those easier to grip than narrow phones. One thing I hated about the Turbo was how they brought the earpiece under the top lip creating a ridge at the top of the phone. That ridge would dig into my ear on longer calls and I could feel it catching as I re-positioned the phone. Just a silly ergonomic choice.

yh125d

Diamond Member
Dec 23, 2006
I'm not even on the Turbo, just the Maxx from the year previous.

I know the S6 has a way better camera and SOC, but I don't take many pictures, the ones I do take the Maxx is good enough, and the SOC is fast enough for the facebook and browsing I do. It's sub 9mm, and has very good battery life. I probably should have just bought the S6 when it came out, because now I hesitate to drop $300 on a 64gb model and use up my upgrade on a phone I don't really think I'll enjoy using very much, even though it is clearly a better phone in pretty much every way but battery life

And yeah I think the Droid phones don't get their due credit for in hand feel