Samsung Fold/Flip 4, Galaxy Watch 5, and Galaxy Buds Pro 2 available for pre-order

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003

Lots of available discounts. I did reserve it a few weeks ago, and got confirmation of the $200 off (pic below). But don't see it on my order? Maybe mixed in with the watch, because it is only $56. Ear buds were $156. Getting $900 off for my Flip 3 that I paid $256 for a year ago seems like a pretty good deal. Samsung always does well with trades when buying straight from them. Which I have to, because I cannot buy from Verizon, unless I want to lose my 15-20 (forget exactly) year old unrestricted, unlimited data plan. It is impossible to get a line like I have anymore, and I cannot "upgrade" thru Verizon or else I lose it. I will sell my Ear buds Pro, and Galaxy 4 watch to recoup the cost of the entire order. Won't get it all but will be close. $374 for a new phone, new watch, and ear buds isn't bad. Tried to chat and ask about the charger that was supposed to be free and $200, but high volume and will have to try again late.

New Razr looks to be good competition, but I am a Samsung fan boy. Except the damn TV's that force ads down your throat as soon as you turn them off. Will never buy another Samsung TV, have 2 now and detest that "feature".Flip 4.PNGUpgrade.PNG

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
I did similar. Traded my flip 3 for 900, got the buds pro and a case. Total cost is 161. Probably sell it off as I love my s22 ultra.
Surprised that the camera is still 12mp.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
I did similar. Traded my flip 3 for 900, got the buds pro and a case. Total cost is 161. Probably sell it off as I love my s22 ultra.
Surprised that the camera is still 12mp.

It's at least a brighter sensor system. That'll arguably matter more to the Z Flip 4's target audience (everyday users who prize convenience) than a higher resolution. You can snap a group selfie at the club knowing that it shouldn't be a blurry mess.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Mine is out for delivery today. Says someone needs to sign. Of course of all the days I chose to go to the office and work, is the day its being delivered.

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Was looking at the Fold4, but I think that might be too much to carry around all the time.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Well, the Flip 4 is basically the Flip 3 which I kinda knew it would be. I got $900 for the Flip 3 via trade-in and am planning to sell the Flip 4 ASAP. I only ordered it to get the Buds 2 Pro, which are astounding BTW.

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Received mine on Tuesday, like others have said, Flip 4 is a Flip 3 with a bit better battery and low light camera. Which is fine, I will take any extra battery I can get from it. My old case fits also, slightly loose on the top part, but bottom is fine. So that is a plus.

The Pro 2's are outstanding. Smaller, matte, and sound better. They are truly worth the upgrade from the Pro 1's.

I was very hesitant on upgrading watches. I love the rotating bezel. I like a big watch, and this one is bigger. The screen is slightly bigger and being 47 with bad close vison every little bit helps.

After selling my watch and ear buds, the entire upgrade will end up costing me less than $200. My wife will want the new iphone and watch, I'm sure that will be many times more since they don't do upgrade discounts like Samsung.

20220826_063512.jpg20220826_063631.jpg

Ackmed

Diamond Member
Oct 1, 2003
Sold my watch 4 for $130, and Ear Buds Pro for $100. So total of $100 for new Flip 4, Watch and Pro 2 ear buds.

Cant figure out how to get rid of the dumb flowers from my mini screen when waking it up. Same thing last year, but forgot how. I can change the background in settings, but dont see where I can just not have anything. Whoever defaulted to flowers is an idiot.

Oyeve

Lifer
Oct 18, 1999
Wow, so samsung sent me a text and email saying the box with my trade-in flip 3 was empty. I called and they sent me a video of the unboxing which clearly shows the bottom of the box was massively re-taped sloppily but they said its not enough proof to extend my the credit. Obviously someone at fed-ex stole it but I have no proof as I didnt take video or pics or weight of the package. I told samsung that I have been buying their stuff for many years and have always used the trade-in program. They wouldn't budge. So now I am out of the OG flip 3 and will send the flip 4, case and buds pro 2 back for a refund. This really sucks as I did all this primarily for the buds 2 pro, didn't really care about the flip 4. I am done with samsung as I have been a faithful customer. Definitely won't be going apple but will be switching to something else in the future. Maybe if google can make a great android phone.

Muadib

Lifer
May 30, 2000
Wow, so samsung sent me a text and email saying the box with my trade-in flip 3 was empty. I called and they sent me a video of the unboxing which clearly shows the bottom of the box was massively re-taped sloppily but they said its not enough proof to extend my the credit. Obviously someone at fed-ex stole it but I have no proof as I didnt take video or pics or weight of the package. I told samsung that I have been buying their stuff for many years and have always used the trade-in program. They wouldn't budge. So now I am out of the OG flip 3 and will send the flip 4, case and buds pro 2 back for a refund. This really sucks as I did all this primarily for the buds 2 pro, didn't really care about the flip 4. I am done with samsung as I have been a faithful customer. Definitely won't be going apple but will be switching to something else in the future. Maybe if google can make a great android phone.
Didn't you get insurance? This is a very big lesson if you didn't.