Same-sex sodomy now legal in Texas (and elsewhere)

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

BAMAVOO

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by: BAMAVOO
Gay and Christian? I was going to say that there was no way you could do that. I caught myself and I can say yes you can. The bible says the only unforgiveable sin is NOT BELIEVING (Confessing) that God is God.. I think it would be best if you could give up your homosexual tendencies and look for guidance though.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As thus the dilema that many are in. My parents (adopted, for those that knew me years ago) are strict baptists, and my siblings go to a community church that is an offspring of another Baptist church. I attend church there most of the time... I do skip church occasionally, as I don't get much out of it. I think that the hyprocrites (sp?) in the church right now is the thing that's making me most furious and turning me away from religion. I know, I know... that shouldn't make a difference. I've studied Christian theory, and this and that and the other. Right now I just can't think about religion and christianity very deeply.

Drew

I understand, we all let others sway our thoughts at times. Keep the faith and search your heart. You will find what is best for you. I too feel that people that play church is what keeps me from becoming stronger in my faith. SO we fight the same battle. Except I don't like men ;)

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by: EngineNr9
Since when can Christians call people sheep?
Since the advent of free speech.

wow, this thread is an interesting read, that being said...The USA is finally being Canadianized. we even allow homosexual marriages up here. I'm not quite sure why for that matter... Seing as how we are a hugely underpopulated country, I would think it would make more sense for the government of Canada to hugely promote heterosexual marriages in an attempt to raise our population.
So why not promote homosexual marriages? The USA doesn't (yet). That ought to be a population boost.

DT4K

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2002
Add me to the list of "true" conservatives who believe the government has no right to make laws about what we can do in our own bedroom with another consenting adult human.

STFU about minors and animals. It's not even close to the same thing. Key words here are "consenting adults". Human is obviously implied.

STFU about abortion. It's not the same thing. People against abortion believe that the unborn baby has a right to life, therefore it's no longer a matter of "privacy". If you want to argue with me about abortion, don't do it here. There's already a thread right here

I've been extremely disappointed to see the conservative talk show hosts I often listen to, criticizing this decision. I just don't get it. On the one hand, these conservatives talk about preserving personal freedoms and getting government out of our private lives, then they turn around and think the government should be able to tell us what we can and cannot do in our own bedrooms.

I guess my views on things like personal freedoms and legalization of drugs make me more of a libertarian than a Republican. Too bad the vocal libertarians all sound like wackos and don't have a chance of hell in ever getting elected to anything.

element

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
This ruling changes nothing. It was disgusting before it was legalized and it's disgusting now. It was practiced before and now. The only thing that changed is freaks had another cause to march down the street looking like fools on national tv again. har har

Ok in all seriousness I couldn't care less what the hell people do in their bedrooms. And just to annoy some people I'd like to say.... i could care less. I've always wanted to get that phrase wrong to fit in with the illiterate crowd.