Same-sex sodomy now legal in Texas (and elsewhere)

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Cyberian

Diamond Member
Jun 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Viper GTS
Originally posted by: Winchester
Fvck this, damn liberals, man I hate East Texas,

Time to move to Australia/New Zealand,

New Zealand should be at the top of your list, brothels are legal now.

Viper GTS
And they have millions and millions of sheep.

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
Originally posted by: DevilsAdvocate
Originally posted by: yukichigai
Originally posted by: BAMAVOO Bigot. Atheiest. Which is worse of the two evils?
Bigot. To my knowledge the number of Atheists who have killed people because their beliefs aren't the same is non-existant.

Are you counting the Soviets?

Ahh yes, forgot about them.

Still, that's 1 Atheist group to the... what... 700 Bigot groups?

Jul 1, 2000
Bigot. To my knowledge the number of Atheists who have killed people because their beliefs aren't the same is non-existant.
Ahh yes, forgot about them. Still, that's 1 Atheist group to the... what... 700 Bigot groups?

How about the Chinese? There may be a few million dead Tibetians that may disagree with your POV.

idNut

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2002

Notice, almost all of those states are southern states,

Time to move to Australia/New Zealand, or go back to the Republic of Texas.

DanJ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Originally posted by: idNut

Notice, almost all of those states are southern states,

Time to move to Australia/New Zealand, or go back to the Republic of Texas.
Don't worry idNut; we'll support your decision when you finally come to terms with it.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
Ahh yes, forgot about them. Still, that's 1 Atheist group to the... what... 700 Bigot groups?

How about the Chinese? There may be a few million dead Tibetians that may disagree with your POV.

well actually the soviets didn't count as athiests. they worshipped a holy book and killed blasphemers. they were totally religious.

dmw16

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 2000
It's about time. Let people live their lives the way they want to. Seems to be that if conservatives favor a hand off government, then why do they want the government hands in their bedrooms? Just cant have it both ways.
-doug

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
and by the way, if the chinese killed millions of tibetan people, there wouldn't be any left. there are only 6 million now. imagine how few there were before:p

gopunk

Lifer
Jul 7, 2001

commies purport to be atheist because the governments don't want anybody threatening their power... such as what happened in europe a while ago... i mean if you're worried about the church, you can either ban it, or make your own (like england did). so it isn't really accurate to say that atheists are worse than bigots because of the soviets and chinese, because the atheism had nothing to do with it... it was more or less a symptom, along with whatever killing went on... both occur because the government is power hungry.

kleinesarschloch

Jan 18, 2003
Originally posted by: 0roo0roo
and by the way, if the chinese killed millions of tibetan people, there wouldn't be any left. there are only 6 million now. imagine how few there were before:p

who cares. millions of people sounds so much better than a few tousand, doesn't it? it makes it so much easier to identify with a manufactured cause.

xirtam

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2001
First I was afraid... I was petrified... kept thinking I could never live without you by my side...

WTF does all that have to do with sodomy?

Are you telling me all I have to do from now on to hijack a thread is to run into any ATOT thread I want and say that atheists suck?

kleinesarschloch

Jan 18, 2003
Originally posted by: xirtam
First I was afraid... I was petrified... kept thinking I could never live without you by my side...

WTF does all that have to do with sodomy?

Are you telling me all I have to do from now on to hijack a thread is to run into any ATOT thread I want and say that atheists suck?

atheist and gays are pretty much one and the same, no? ;)

Aug 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Isla
*shrug*

I haven't met anyone of my sex who wanted to engage in sodomy with me. But if and when I do, at least I'll know it is legal! :D

<---thinks sex between consenting adults is not the government's business

:camera:'s

Maleficus

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
Originally posted by: Maleficus
In my opinion sodomy is wrong in all forms, male to male, male to female, etc, etc. Things simply should not go up there if it can be avoided at all which it can be (unless your have a scope!), I also fail to see how this can possibly be enjoyable ( the first person to tell me to try it gets kicked in the nads! :p ).

Sex has become a very frivolous thing today and while I can't comment on personal experience since i am a virgin I think that most likely when you have sex with someone its a fairly intimate thing and you in one way or another form an emotional bond with that person whether you recognize it or not. People in general are not treating sex as an emotional act any longer and its more of a means as entertanment and while that is all well and good if you feel that way I still think it will effect the person negatively in terms of emotion.

If someone were to ask you what the point of sex is today what would you answer? Is it a means of entertainment? Is it a way to get closer and form a closer bond with your partner? Is it to procreate? If you view it as entertainment I guess you probably won't see sodomy as wrong since its all fun and games. If you view it as a means to become closer to your partner sodomy is still probably alright in your book since i guess 2 people of the same sex could be closer after sodomy? This is somewhat weird to me, I still fail to see how 2people of the same sex could be anything more than friends and what would possible drive them to do something like this. Lastly if you view sex as a means to procreate then you most likely wont afgree with sodomy since obviously you cant procreate through means of anal sex. Then there is combination views which basically everyone has and what not :)

I also feel being homosexual is a choice and something you can change if you want to. This view has nothing to do with religion and i am hardly a religious person at all anyway. It almost seems to me that homosexuals just cant place that barrier between a friendship. I can say that i love my best friend after knowing him for so many years or something like that but it would be a platonic love with absolutely no sexual meaning.

I just woke up even tho is 2:45 so if this post totally sucks just kill me :)

It is interesting to point out that in the bible sodomy is defined as sex between a man and his horse. There may be other passages relating to same-sex intercourse but it is never defined as sodomy. (Any of you folks who know the bible really well feel free to provide a quote and prove me wrong)

Anyway, I think 2 people can become closer as a result of sodomy if that is what they're into. Remember, just because you don't like something doesn't mean other people don't. I mean I hate Bell Peppers, Lite Rock and Mayonase and other people love them, but I don't go telling them it's wrong for them to... okay, except for the Lite Rock. :p In all seriousness some people just like to do "dirty" things, but that doesn't mean there's no love involved. Take BDSM for example. It takes a lot of trust to let someone tie you up and do horrible horrible things to you, (or whatnot) and as most of us know trust is a huge part of love. I'd say something like that could easily keep love between two people very strong.

My other point is about the theory that homosexuality is a choice. I would just like to remind all of you that it has been proven that homosexuality occurs as a result of events that happen during the development of a fetus. Specifically when the fetus goes from being "genderless" to male or female. All fetuses begin as female, then at the right point changes occur whereby the fetus begins to develop male characteristics. The brain also develops during this time. However, if the process is interrupted or somehow slowed it may change the development process, so in this case the part of the brain responsible for sexual desire may not aquire the "male" switching, as it were. (Or aquires the male switching if we're talking about lesbians) Usually the body is affected too. This is why the stereotypical gay man looks slightly effeminate, talks with a high voice, has fairer skin, etc etc. As a side note it's events in fetal development like this that lead to hermaphroditism (is that even a word?) and similar such conditions.

Anyway, the bottom line is that science has proven the "choice" theory wrong. I suppose if you're a very religious person who doesn't believe the other things science has proven -- the earth is more than 6000 years old, etc. -- then this means nothing to you, but otherwise I hope it has informed you.

I'll see if I can find a link to this somewhere.

Please do find multiple links because i have never heard of any theory being proven in this matter.

Pepsi90919

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: BAMAVOO
you funny man. now I can't think huh?

Tell me how you feel about homosexuals? Would you want your son or daughter to express to you that they are gay? Would you like your son back in his room getting his ahole pounded out while you are pitching horshoes in the backyard? you think about how you feel and tell me.

i have no issues with homosexuals, would feel indifferent to supposed son or daughter expressing any sexual preference. and what kind of redneck "pitches horseshoes" ?? there is a world outside of marlboro country you know.

YOUR RHETORIC IS TERRIBLE SO STOP POSTING.

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
Originally posted by: Maleficus
It is interesting to point out that in the bible sodomy is defined as sex between a man and his horse. There may be other passages relating to same-sex intercourse but it is never defined as sodomy. (Any of you folks who know the bible really well feel free to provide a quote and prove me wrong)

Anyway, I think 2 people can become closer as a result of sodomy if that is what they're into. Remember, just because you don't like something doesn't mean other people don't. I mean I hate Bell Peppers, Lite Rock and Mayonase and other people love them, but I don't go telling them it's wrong for them to... okay, except for the Lite Rock. :p In all seriousness some people just like to do "dirty" things, but that doesn't mean there's no love involved. Take BDSM for example. It takes a lot of trust to let someone tie you up and do horrible horrible things to you, (or whatnot) and as most of us know trust is a huge part of love. I'd say something like that could easily keep love between two people very strong.

My other point is about the theory that homosexuality is a choice. I would just like to remind all of you that it has been proven that homosexuality occurs as a result of events that happen during the development of a fetus. Specifically when the fetus goes from being "genderless" to male or female. All fetuses begin as female, then at the right point changes occur whereby the fetus begins to develop male characteristics. The brain also develops during this time. However, if the process is interrupted or somehow slowed it may change the development process, so in this case the part of the brain responsible for sexual desire may not aquire the "male" switching, as it were. (Or aquires the male switching if we're talking about lesbians) Usually the body is affected too. This is why the stereotypical gay man looks slightly effeminate, talks with a high voice, has fairer skin, etc etc. As a side note it's events in fetal development like this that lead to hermaphroditism (is that even a word?) and similar such conditions.

Anyway, the bottom line is that science has proven the "choice" theory wrong. I suppose if you're a very religious person who doesn't believe the other things science has proven -- the earth is more than 6000 years old, etc. -- then this means nothing to you, but otherwise I hope it has informed you.

I'll see if I can find a link to this somewhere.

Please do find multiple links because i have never heard of any theory being proven in this matter.

It was in a medical journal as I recall, but unfortunately I can't remember the issue. If it comes down to it I'll scan it in and post the pictures though. More people need to know about this.

dafatha00

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2000
Just remember guys, you should be glad that there are rednecks around. It makes you feel great not to be one. :D

Ah the joys of life.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by: kleinesarschloch
Originally posted by: xirtam First I was afraid... I was petrified... kept thinking I could never live without you by my side... WTF does all that have to do with sodomy? Are you telling me all I have to do from now on to hijack a thread is to run into any ATOT thread I want and say that atheists suck?
atheist and gays are pretty much one and the same, no? ;)
No? No.

Greg03

Jul 24, 2002
Although this notion of privacy was a complete constitutional farce (a la Roe V Wade) I agree with both cases.

Its about time we came out of the dark ages regarding these laws. Who gives a hoot what people do in their own home with someone else. I mean really - for you married guys out there (and guys over 25), how much of your life centers around sex? You move on, its still there, but for god's sake its such a small part of life. Amen that we finally got over our medieval roots.

Greg03

Jul 24, 2002
>>No doubt many conservatives are weeping today.

I'm conservative, but not stupid. These laws are just plain stupid.