Same-sex sodomy now legal in Texas (and elsewhere)

Page 6 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
I know quite a few gay people. They would not choose this lifestyle if they could avoid it. My uncle was married and had 3 kids before outing himself this year. He tried to be someone that he was not for 25 years, and he has paid the price.
You are part of the reason why people do this. You should be ashamed of yourself.
True conservatives - champions of liberty - are happy about this ruling. The Court is the last check against tyranny, and it did the right thing today. The government would take all of your liberty away if it could go unchecked.
Agreed on all counts. I would not be gay if I felt like I had a choice. Search my past posts, I've tried to be straight, but I've never been successful.
I think GeekDrew pretty much nailed this one. I think the majority of America has become tolerant of homosexuality, and the court reflects that.
Thanks!
MOst of the people in this thread are not gay, they just support the idea that, if someone is truly gay and wants to make love to another man in their own home, there should be nothing wrong with it. Gay isn't cool, it just is. It's not some new-fangled "fad" or anything. Look at all the people who were gay in history, some of them changed the world. It's not like gays just started popping up in the 20th century. Now please, shoot yourself in the head so we can have one less idiot in this world.
True... I only know of 1 other gay in this thread...
I don't think that ANYONE has any business telling me what I can or can not do with any other person in my own bedroom (providing it's consentual).
Great...so now I have to put up with folks posting "Do him in the butt"???
If they insist. It's no different than "Do her in the butt!"

BAMAVOO

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
It was fun while it lasted. :D :D :D

Yep I have been laughing out loud!

I have had a really bad past couple of days and this has been some great relief!

Now I am heading to the barn and will leave this thread alone.

BAMAVOO

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Oh yeah and why can I not post useless shizzle like the rest of you guys with 200000000 postcount? :D

Maleficus

Diamond Member
May 2, 2001
Originally posted by: GeekDrew
Originally posted by: BAMAVOO
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Originally posted by: BAMAVOO It affects me because it goes againt any teachings or morality or normatilty. If they are allowed to do this and teach others to do this, it will blossom to everyone wearing pink shirts and sing Elton John tunes. I just think it needs to be stopped before the world is corrupted by the views of most of the people on this forum. You guys make me sick, how you think everyone has a right to suck this and f that. That is not the way it is or should be. It should me man and woman, not man and man or woman and woman. You are not born that way, I could give a rats azz what you believe, it is a choice and a deadly one at that. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have news for you. The opinions and views expressed on this forum ARE those views and opinions expressed by most people... at least nearly all of the people that I know. I live in Columbus, Ohio... and yes, according to me and nearly everyone else I know, you have a right to 'suck this a f that' (with full consent from all involved parties). YOU are now the minority in believing that way. That particular minority will never again be the majority. Live with it
Your opinion doesn't count anyway. You have proven yourself a homo by you earlier statements.

Proven myself a homo? Yep. Out & Proud. My opinion, however, does still count. And no matter what the **** you say, you are in the minority now... gays are being accepted, they will no longer be repressed. There will still be hardships for them, but the public is now turning in their favor.

Spout it off man just like everyone spouts being straight
rolleye.gif

Also i love how everyone here attacks anyone that thinks homosexual ideas are wrong by immediately calling them a redneck, fight stereotypes with stereotypes really breaks down that wall/barrier all you people talk about. Tolerance is awesome.

In my opinion sodomy is wrong in all forms, male to male, male to female, etc, etc. Things simply should not go up there if it can be avoided at all which it can be (unless your have a scope!), I also fail to see how this can possibly be enjoyable ( the first person to tell me to try it gets kicked in the nads! :p ).

Sex has become a very frivolous thing today and while I can't comment on personal experience since i am a virgin I think that most likely when you have sex with someone its a fairly intimate thing and you in one way or another form an emotional bond with that person whether you recognize it or not. People in general are not treating sex as an emotional act any longer and its more of a means as entertanment and while that is all well and good if you feel that way I still think it will effect the person negatively in terms of emotion.

If someone were to ask you what the point of sex is today what would you answer? Is it a means of entertainment? Is it a way to get closer and form a closer bond with your partner? Is it to procreate? If you view it as entertainment I guess you probably won't see sodomy as wrong since its all fun and games. If you view it as a means to become closer to your partner sodomy is still probably alright in your book since i guess 2 people of the same sex could be closer after sodomy? This is somewhat weird to me, I still fail to see how 2people of the same sex could be anything more than friends and what would possible drive them to do something like this. Lastly if you view sex as a means to procreate then you most likely wont afgree with sodomy since obviously you cant procreate through means of anal sex. Then there is combination views which basically everyone has and what not :)

I also feel being homosexual is a choice and something you can change if you want to. This view has nothing to do with religion and i am hardly a religious person at all anyway. It almost seems to me that homosexuals just cant place that barrier between a friendship. I can say that i love my best friend after knowing him for so many years or something like that but it would be a platonic love with absolutely no sexual meaning.

I just woke up even tho is 2:45 so if this post totally sucks just kill me :)

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
Originally posted by: Maleficus
In my opinion sodomy is wrong in all forms, male to male, male to female, etc, etc. Things simply should not go up there if it can be avoided at all which it can be (unless your have a scope!), I also fail to see how this can possibly be enjoyable ( the first person to tell me to try it gets kicked in the nads! :p ).

Sex has become a very frivolous thing today and while I can't comment on personal experience since i am a virgin I think that most likely when you have sex with someone its a fairly intimate thing and you in one way or another form an emotional bond with that person whether you recognize it or not. People in general are not treating sex as an emotional act any longer and its more of a means as entertanment and while that is all well and good if you feel that way I still think it will effect the person negatively in terms of emotion.

If someone were to ask you what the point of sex is today what would you answer? Is it a means of entertainment? Is it a way to get closer and form a closer bond with your partner? Is it to procreate? If you view it as entertainment I guess you probably won't see sodomy as wrong since its all fun and games. If you view it as a means to become closer to your partner sodomy is still probably alright in your book since i guess 2 people of the same sex could be closer after sodomy? This is somewhat weird to me, I still fail to see how 2people of the same sex could be anything more than friends and what would possible drive them to do something like this. Lastly if you view sex as a means to procreate then you most likely wont afgree with sodomy since obviously you cant procreate through means of anal sex. Then there is combination views which basically everyone has and what not :)

I also feel being homosexual is a choice and something you can change if you want to. This view has nothing to do with religion and i am hardly a religious person at all anyway. It almost seems to me that homosexuals just cant place that barrier between a friendship. I can say that i love my best friend after knowing him for so many years or something like that but it would be a platonic love with absolutely no sexual meaning.

I just woke up even tho is 2:45 so if this post totally sucks just kill me :)

It is interesting to point out that in the bible sodomy is defined as sex between a man and his horse. There may be other passages relating to same-sex intercourse but it is never defined as sodomy. (Any of you folks who know the bible really well feel free to provide a quote and prove me wrong)

Anyway, I think 2 people can become closer as a result of sodomy if that is what they're into. Remember, just because you don't like something doesn't mean other people don't. I mean I hate Bell Peppers, Lite Rock and Mayonase and other people love them, but I don't go telling them it's wrong for them to... okay, except for the Lite Rock. :p In all seriousness some people just like to do "dirty" things, but that doesn't mean there's no love involved. Take BDSM for example. It takes a lot of trust to let someone tie you up and do horrible horrible things to you, (or whatnot) and as most of us know trust is a huge part of love. I'd say something like that could easily keep love between two people very strong.

My other point is about the theory that homosexuality is a choice. I would just like to remind all of you that it has been proven that homosexuality occurs as a result of events that happen during the development of a fetus. Specifically when the fetus goes from being "genderless" to male or female. All fetuses begin as female, then at the right point changes occur whereby the fetus begins to develop male characteristics. The brain also develops during this time. However, if the process is interrupted or somehow slowed it may change the development process, so in this case the part of the brain responsible for sexual desire may not aquire the "male" switching, as it were. (Or aquires the male switching if we're talking about lesbians) Usually the body is affected too. This is why the stereotypical gay man looks slightly effeminate, talks with a high voice, has fairer skin, etc etc. As a side note it's events in fetal development like this that lead to hermaphroditism (is that even a word?) and similar such conditions.

Anyway, the bottom line is that science has proven the "choice" theory wrong. I suppose if you're a very religious person who doesn't believe the other things science has proven -- the earth is more than 6000 years old, etc. -- then this means nothing to you, but otherwise I hope it has informed you.

I'll see if I can find a link to this somewhere.

May 16, 2000
:cool:

God I can't wait to hear Bush WHIIIIIIIIIIINE about this. Maybe Texas will FINALLY leave the union. :cool: Well, I can dream can't I? Hell I'm not even homosexual and I might go make out with some guy on the Texas State Capital just to GRIND IT INTO THEIR FACES IN PAYBACK FOR 200 YEARS OF IGNORANT UNLAWFUL ATTEMPTED MORAL CONTROL OF PRIVATE CITIZENS!

hehehehehehehehehehheheeheh

*cackling madly all day*

DanJ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Originally posted by: PrinceofWands

God I can't wait to hear Bush WHIIIIIIIIIIINE about this. Maybe Texas will FINALLY leave the union. :cool: Well, I can dream can't I? Hell I'm not even homosexual and I might go make out with some guy on the Texas State Capital just to GRIND IT INTO THEIR FACES IN PAYBACK FOR 200 YEARS OF IGNORANT UNLAWFUL ATTEMPTED MORAL CONTROL OF PRIVATE CITIZENS!

*cackling madly all day*
Truly. People who get up in arms about same sex sex being unlawful need to get a life.

If it doesn't affect you and no one is being hurt by it shut the hell up.

DanJ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Originally posted by: DanJ

*cackling madly all day*
Truly. People who get up in arms about same sex sex being unlawful need to get a life.

If it doesn't affect you and no one is being hurt by it shut the hell up.
BITE ME oh Scion of Ignorance!

It isn't about Homo or hetero...it's about individual privacy and freedom. Up to this point the government has said it has the right to decide what's moral and what's not in your own home between consenting adults. All sodomy, that is to say, all sex which is not standard missionary between only two legal age consenting adult humans, has been illegal in many states for many years...not because of safety or any reasonable cause, but because of the personal, most often religious beliefs of some rich family in control of YOUR private life.

This decision will start a trend of reversal. We'll FINALLY get the government to do what it was intended to do and stay out of our personal situations. It's a victory the scope of which was unimaginable to me even yesterday.

Dude, we were agreeing with you. I was saying that people that believe same sex sex should be unlawful need to get a life.

May 16, 2000
Totally sorry dude, misread your post. I've been arguing all day on the America's Army forums so i'm kinda in a defensive mode right now. :cool:

GeekDrew

Diamond Member
Jun 7, 2000
Originally posted by: Maleficus
Originally posted by: GeekDrew
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Originally posted by: BAMAVOO It affects me because it goes againt any teachings or morality or normatilty. If they are allowed to do this and teach others to do this, it will blossom to everyone wearing pink shirts and sing Elton John tunes. I just think it needs to be stopped before the world is corrupted by the views of most of the people on this forum. You guys make me sick, how you think everyone has a right to suck this and f that. That is not the way it is or should be. It should me man and woman, not man and man or woman and woman. You are not born that way, I could give a rats azz what you believe, it is a choice and a deadly one at that. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have news for you. The opinions and views expressed on this forum ARE those views and opinions expressed by most people... at least nearly all of the people that I know. I live in Columbus, Ohio... and yes, according to me and nearly everyone else I know, you have a right to 'suck this a f that' (with full consent from all involved parties). YOU are now the minority in believing that way. That particular minority will never again be the majority. Live with it
Your opinion doesn't count anyway. You have proven yourself a homo by you earlier statements.
Proven myself a homo? Yep. Out & Proud. My opinion, however, does still count. And no matter what the **** you say, you are in the minority now... gays are being accepted, they will no longer be repressed. There will still be hardships for them, but the public is now turning in their favor.
Spout it off man just like everyone spouts being straight
rolleye.gif
Also i love how everyone here attacks anyone that thinks homosexual ideas are wrong by immediately calling them a redneck, fight stereotypes with stereotypes really breaks down that wall/barrier all you people talk about. Tolerance is awesome. In my opinion sodomy is wrong in all forms, male to male, male to female, etc, etc. Things simply should not go up there if it can be avoided at all which it can be (unless your have a scope!), I also fail to see how this can possibly be enjoyable ( the first person to tell me to try it gets kicked in the nads! :p ). Sex has become a very frivolous thing today and while I can't comment on personal experience since i am a virgin I think that most likely when you have sex with someone its a fairly intimate thing and you in one way or another form an emotional bond with that person whether you recognize it or not. People in general are not treating sex as an emotional act any longer and its more of a means as entertanment and while that is all well and good if you feel that way I still think it will effect the person negatively in terms of emotion. If someone were to ask you what the point of sex is today what would you answer? Is it a means of entertainment? Is it a way to get closer and form a closer bond with your partner? Is it to procreate? If you view it as entertainment I guess you probably won't see sodomy as wrong since its all fun and games. If you view it as a means to become closer to your partner sodomy is still probably alright in your book since i guess 2 people of the same sex could be closer after sodomy? This is somewhat weird to me, I still fail to see how 2people of the same sex could be anything more than friends and what would possible drive them to do something like this. Lastly if you view sex as a means to procreate then you most likely wont afgree with sodomy since obviously you cant procreate through means of anal sex. Then there is combination views which basically everyone has and what not :) I also feel being homosexual is a choice and something you can change if you want to. This view has nothing to do with religion and i am hardly a religious person at all anyway. It almost seems to me that homosexuals just cant place that barrier between a friendship. I can say that i love my best friend after knowing him for so many years or something like that but it would be a platonic love with absolutely no sexual meaning. I just woke up even tho is 2:45 so if this post totally sucks just kill me :)

I think that sex is to form a closer bond to your partner... I, for one, don't jump in bed with whatever man may want to.

As for drawing the line with friendships... I do know where that line is, but apparently some of my former friends don't. I loved several of my male friends that were straight... love as in platonic; friendship. I had no interest in having sex with them. They, however, didn't take it that way. We all had a bad night because of some other things... in the end we said that we'd all stick together, and they said that they loved me, etc... when I said that I loved them, they ran like the wind and never looked back.

Drew

DanJ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Totally sorry dude, misread your post. I've been arguing all day on the America's Army forums so i'm kinda in a defensive mode right now. :cool:
haha quite alright. i'm surprised how many bigots are on this forum though. pissing and moaning that someone is allowed to do what they please in the privacy of their own bedroom.

yukichigai

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2003
Bigot. Atheiest. Which is worse of the two evils?

Bigot.

To my knowledge the number of Atheists who have killed people because their beliefs aren't the same is non-existant.

Mallow

Diamond Member
Jul 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Winchester
Fvck this, damn liberals, man I hate East Texas,

Notice, almost all of those states are southern states,

Time to move to Australia/New Zealand, or go back to the Republic of Texas.
That made no sense to me :/

Jul 1, 2000
Originally posted by: yukichigai
Originally posted by: BAMAVOO Bigot. Atheiest. Which is worse of the two evils?
Bigot. To my knowledge the number of Atheists who have killed people because their beliefs aren't the same is non-existant.

Are you counting the Soviets?