Sally Boynton Brown really doesn't like other white people.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004
Given that it's literally her job to win elections, it hardly seems unreasonable to go for the low hanging fruit. Personally I don't blame Trump for targeting race resentment either.

"Blacks and Hispanics, you're our low-hanging fruit! Vote for us!"

I'm not saying they shouldn't play to their advantage either, there's a lot of necessary strategy that goes into winning elections, but unless some of these white volunteers are completely clueless/racist themselves, it's like the Dems are fearfully babying a temperamental non-white voting block. At least try to connect race to the issues, e.g. promote immigration amnesty, promote investigation of cop abuses of power, don't waste effort on sensitivity training and caveats added to every sentence discussing race. After the election Sanders had a speech explicitly calling out the hyper-pandering/sensitivity by some in the DNC, and the only person I remember complaining about it was Shaun King. If it any of that bullshit mattered, Trump should have fared much worse with Hispanics than he ultimately did. It's almost as if Democrats think the average American actually admires HR workers.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
"Blacks and Hispanics, you're our low-hanging fruit! Vote for us!"

I'm not saying they shouldn't play to their advantage either, there's a lot of necessary strategy that goes into winning elections, but unless some of these white volunteers are completely clueless/racist themselves, it's like the Dems are fearfully babying a temperamental non-white voting block. At least try to connect race to the issues, e.g. promote immigration amnesty, promote investigation of cop abuses of power, don't waste effort on sensitivity training and caveats added to every sentence discussing race. After the election Sanders had a speech explicitly calling out the hyper-pandering/sensitivity by some in the DNC, and the only person I remember complaining about it was Shaun King. If it any of that bullshit mattered, Trump should have fared much worse with Hispanics than he ultimately did. It's almost as if Democrats think the average American actually admires HR workers.

The so-call Obama coalition is actually surprisingly brittle and one of the main pieces is minority turnout, with turnout in general the main tide-turner for democrats unlike conservatives. It's literally this person's role to make people feel appreciated and GOTV.

It's certainly possible any given approach to that isn't the optimal one, but you can't really blame someone for making an effort at their job.

Also, with the Hispanic vote I suspect much of it has to do with the fact that Spanish hispanics (you know, this guy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hector_Barreto) don't quite relate to the low status browns that Trump targets, far as race is concerned.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
Horribly divisive comment's. With these comment's, does she realize that she's become the very thing she claims to be fighting against.

Reactions: Atreus21

Atreus21

Lifer
Aug 21, 2007
White victim thread posted by usual suspects is white victim thread.

I mean seriously OP, are you upset that she said you should shut up? Did that frustration with being told to shut up prompt you to post this thread, in search of sympathy?

LOL

Lol indeed.

Racism is okay provided it targets the right people.

What a joke.

agent00f

Lifer
Jun 9, 2016
Lol indeed.

Racism is okay provided it targets the right people.

What a joke.

This sort of whining only goes to show the stark contrast to actual bigotry. Imagine if any of these people got intimidated by gun-toting cops because their car looks too nice, or seen as "animals" by the usual suspects here.

senseamp

Lifer
Feb 5, 2006
We just elected a white president, can we finally stop whining about white victimhood?

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
The biggest issue I have with the statement is about not letting white people be part of the conversation, but then, I couldn't actually find that statement anywhere. She didn't say it in the actual videos posted. Otherwise, I think everything she said is pretty valid. She was addressing her comments towards herself. Her basic message was simply that racism and bias against minorities exist within the democratic party, and people in positions of power need to continue to reflect and realize they don't understand what it is like to be a minority. Sorry, I don't get the anger.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Does anyone else find it funny that conservatives keep telling liberals to stop being liberal lest they elect trump when conservatives elected Trump?

Own your stupidity, conservatives.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Does anyone else find it funny that conservatives keep telling liberals to stop being liberal lest they elect trump when conservatives elected Trump?

Own your stupidity, conservatives.

That won't work with me though. By choosing someone that people didn't want, just a bit less than Trump, you presented an option that lost to Trump. That was an outstandingly bad choice. Hell Bernie consistently beat Trump far more than Hillary. But people did vote for Trump and that's on them. Dems just offered their least liked option and yes it mattered.

None of the two passed muster in the eyes of the public. Both held the records for being disliked. So yes the Reps picked Trump but damn there wasn't a more unappealing choice on the roster Dems could have run. That mattered.