TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
Or something like that...it's an Online RTS game and you build a persistent kingdom. I have been looking at this game with something of bemused interest because the graphics look rather bad, and terrible at some points, but it has an interesting concept and idea.

It doesn't seem to have gotten much PR, so I just wanted to show it to you all, see what you think.
Gameplay "Modes" Movie

destrekor

Lifer
Nov 18, 2005
"world's first collectible online real-time strategy game"
?...the hell? collectible? how is it collectible?

graphics do look rather terrible, but I gather that's typical of MMOs. MMO's rarely have groundbreaking graphical engines. Since dealing with so many characters can be troublesome.
It's laughable to watch large elements of one unit type move.. they all move collectively as if they were 1 unit handled by the game. Kind of comical really.
Now, give us something like Company of Heroes or World in Conflict on an MMO scale with persistent kingdoms... and I will exclaim 'holy shit!'.

BUT, the concept sounds awesome and I may give it a try during the beta... I won't do that until at least the last few weeks of March when the new quarter here at school begins. These next fews weeks are going to be hell.

CottonRabbit

Golden Member
Apr 28, 2005
It's collectible because you can get units by using real money to buy booster packs similar to the way you bought Pokemon cards. You can then trade the units you don't need on the in game market place. This system worked pretty well when I played the alpha. However, combat itself is unexciting. There is no building during combat, and you simply line up your units to pound your opponents.

TehMac

Diamond Member
Aug 18, 2006
yeah I agree with derestrekor, we need ancient/medieval warfare presented along the lines of CoH, with great graphics, gameplay and base building/empire building.

Now that I hear about this...nothx

AyashiKaibutsu

Diamond Member
Jan 24, 2004
Shattered Galaxies looks like it's more fun. I only played that in closed beta/a bit of open beta though.