Saddam's Sons Likely Killed in Firefight, U.S. Officials Say

Amirtallica

Banned
Apr 17, 2003
This is the main story on cnn and foxnews and probably any other major media outlet.
So what do you think? Is this another hasty assumption? Something like the other many raids that were carried out?

snooker

Platinum Member
Apr 13, 2001
I for one am glad this topic was started. I didn't know it and just by reading the title I knew it may be good news. Simply a firefight in Mosul does not mean good news. I seen both thread titles at the same time and elected to open this one because of the title.

Either way, lets hope it is confirmed!!

athithi

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2002
CNN confirms...

"U.S.commander: Saddam's sons Qusay and Uday confirmed dead in raid on Mosul house. Details soon."

As does Washingtonpost.com!

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Originally posted by: athithi
CNN confirms...

"U.S.commander: Saddam's sons Qusay and Uday confirmed dead in raid on Mosul house. Details soon."

Excellent. Another mission well done by the U.S. military. Now to track down daddy....

UltraQuiet

Banned
Sep 22, 2001
CNN confirms...

Hopefully they were the driving force behind the remaining resistance and with them gone it will go away.

BarneyFife

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2001
Those 2 deaths were important but the Saddam is still the big fish. Hopefully he's nearby.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
CNN confirms...

Did they have the WMD on them? Or are we still looking for it?

athithi

Golden Member
Mar 5, 2002
Originally posted by: BOBDN
CNN confirms...

Did they have the WMD on them? Or are we still looking for it?

I guess I feel a little more strongly about this now since I watched a programme called 'Sons of Saddam' on the History channel last night. If the History channel show was even largely accurate, these bastards deserved to die. Only disappointed that it wasn't any more gruesome :p

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Offical CentComm News Release

July 22, 2003
Release Number: 03-07-68

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

STATEMENT REGARDING OPERATION IN MOSUL, IRAQ

Statement from US Central Command:

On Tuesday, July 22, forces associated with the 101st Airborne Division and Special Operations Forces conducted an operation against suspected regime figures at a residence in Mosul, Iraq. The site is currently being exploited. Four Iraqis were killed in the operation. We have confirmed that two of the dead were Saddam?s sons Uday and Qusay.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Hopefully they were the driving force behind the remaining resistance and with them gone it will go away.
-----------------
That would be nice.