"Saddam's Lion Cubs" CHILD version of the Fedayeen... great, now we will be forced to kill child soldiers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
You are Rightous, are part of the new Master Race, in effect.

Clueless and typical yet again. Another sniveling whiner paralleling comfort and support for the suffering Iraqi people with the 3rd reich......
rolleye.gif

Pathetic and wholly expected. I should have quit reading after that 3rd sentence of your post quoted above.

Interesting how those who are agains this have to be liberal. You nicely pigenhole people for your own purposes.

LOL, well when one uses the argument of a liberal............

Now the question is this, and answer is yes or no if you have the wit. If US troops were not invading, would people be blowing themselves and US soldiers up?

This question has been answered before: of course not, however; these same people would be tortured or starved instead. So you tell me, does it matter to the dead if they were killed because they were overheard saying something negative about Saddam or because Saddam used them as cannon fodder to slow an advancing army?

The debate isn't whether or not these people would be killed absent our invation, but who is to blame for this sad reality. Your contention is that we are to blame, a more reasonable person believes that Saddam is to blame--especially since in effect he is flipping the switch, pulling the trigger, or training and sending off children to the front.

We are killing people there for all the good you claim will come from it.

I am not "claiming" anything, I am hoping. I will hold Bush accountable to his promise to the Iraqi people. I have friends and a sister-in-law with family who still live in Baghdad.

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Alistar7
IMHO it's worth the few hundred Iraqi civilians, possibly thousands though, that Saddam has killed in this 2 week effort. He killed millions during the sanctions alone just due to not providing adequate food and basic medical care, not too mention the genocide, the rapes, the tortures, mass executions, etc.. At least all that will stop very soon.

Who's sanctions where they? Who invaded?

Who is the inept diplomat that managed to piss off half the world when according to you it is such positive thing the US is doing?

Marshallj

Platinum Member
Mar 26, 2003
All the actions taken against Iraq... Gulf War 1, the sanctions, the cruise missile attacks Clinton launched, the UN inspections, and this current war... are all a *response* to something that Hussein did first. We are not pre-emptively attacking a country who did nothing wrong.

TheNinja

Lifer
Jan 22, 2003
Originally posted by: flavio
IMHO it's worth the few hundred Iraqi civilians, possibly thousands though, that Saddam has killed in this 2 week effort. He killed millions during the sanctions alone just due to not providing adequate food and basic medical care, not too mention the genocide, the rapes, the tortures, mass executions, etc.. At least all that will stop very soon.

Who is the inept diplomat that managed to piss off half the world when according to you it is such positive thing the US is doing?

I think you want everyone to answer:

1.US
2.US
3.Bush

However, you've been schooled in all three arguements 0% isn't batting very well
1.UN (Thanks Corn)
2.No invaders or conquest, only liberators & freedom of the people to choose
3.Saddam (Thanks MarshallJJ)

flavio

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Staley8
Originally posted by: flavio

I think you want everyone to answer:

1.US
2.US
3.Bush

However, you've been schooled in all three arguements 0% isn't batting very well
1.UN (Thanks Corn)
2.No invaders or conquest, only liberators & freedom of the people to choose
3.Saddam (Thanks MarshallJJ)

Lets' try this

1. The UN, which were pushed by the US even after other countries decided they were inhumane.
2. You really fell for that "Liberation" ad campaign huh? You're pretty gullible....too bad I'm not a salesman.
3. You in denial too?

"Approximately 250 people die every day in Iraq due to the effect of
the sanctions." -- UNICEF, April 1998

"More than one million Iraqis have died -- 567,000 of them children
-- as a direct consequence of economic sanctions?." -- U.N. Food and
Agriculture Organization (FAO), December 1995

"In fact, the UN Security Council is sustaining sanctions that are
killing about 7,000 Iraqi children each month and they know that.
That is intentional; that is genocide." -- Dennis Halliday, former
U.N. Humanitarian Coordinator for Iraq

cracgor

Banned
Apr 4, 2003
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reminiscent of the Hitler Youth of World War II, Saddam Hussein has trained an 8,000-strong army of children to face coalition forces in Baghdad.
Can't Saddam just be bad for being Saddam? Is it really necessary to say that something he does remotely resemble's Hitler? I know he is bad and all, but he is hardly a "Hitler."

------
The child army is called Ashbal Saddam, or Saddam's Lion Cubs, according to the report.
Maybe they don't have a YMCA...ever consider that? And did we really expect Iraq to fight fairly? I know I sure as hell wouldn't. Hmmm...nation attacking me with 400 times as much money as me...I'd have already used chemical and biological weapons.

------
U.S. military personnel are taught tactics to use when fighting children.
Aim low?

------
Saddam has routinely paid $25,000 to families of youthful Palestinian "martyrs" who died killing Israelis.
This I do not care about...we've been paying Israel billions to oppress Palestinians for decades.

cracgor

Banned
Apr 4, 2003
Originally posted by: Hayabusarider
Im sorry I missed where people were randomly blowing themselves before the invasion. You will cite example after example of what should not be happening, but will ignore that no matter if by choice or by force, this would not be happening. Saddam is an SOB. Now you wish to ignore that there are events that did not happen before, but are now, and you will not face the fact that we started this war. No BS about what happened 12 years ago. As far as the international community is concerned, NOTHING has happened, although he has been incredibly cruel to his people. This is not about liberation, but 1441 though, remember?

I challange you to get me to say Saddam is a nice guy, but you will not consider the fact that invading is the trigger.

That woman didn't blow HERSELF up, she was forced into that situation, BIG DIFFERENCE. Would you blow yourself up? No, If I put a gun to your head and told you to drive a vehicle a mile down the road instead would you, hell yeah. What would you do when you got in the vehicle and saw it loaded with explosives, besides be a dead man?

Did you miss the part where people have been tortured for decades? Did you miss the THOUSANDS that have been gassed?

You say these atrocities WOULD NOT be happening if we had not invaded, sorry, they would have continued on and on as they have for decades, WE WILL STOP THINGS LIKE THIS FROM HAPPENING.

I don't quite understand...get forced to commit suicide on threat of death? I really don't care about the atrocities being committed...gassing the Kurds and such. It seems like no one over there likes a Kurd. I think they're kinda the like Native Americans were here, and do you really wish someone had invaded America and taken Andrew Jackson out? We just have to accept Iraq is not at the same level as America politically, socially, or economically. It makes no sense to just tell them they have to be.

And please don't say decades because Americasupported most of it. Saddam only made one error in his career...he invaded Kuwait. If he had not done that, America would be still sending him aid.

Personally I wish this war had been avoided because I didn't believe in it, but we are already there so lets kick ass and finish it already....I'm absolutely sick of Wolf Blitzer. We should stop arguing about what has been done "wrong" because we won't know until its over if it was a bad decision. And instead we should spend our energy on the post-war policy...because anti-war movements won't stop the war now and it will be fvcked up I'm sure.