Saddam now on Iraqi TV. He appears to have survived initial decapitation attack

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Chadder007

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
He looks different in every TV viewing of him. IB its one of his look alikes. Still no real proof.

exp

Platinum Member
May 9, 2001
Heck it could be Horatio Sans
ROFL...I can just picture Horatio dressed as Saddam and delivering an address in the style of Ferey Muhtar (the Turkish talk show host), complete with knuckle-kissing and fist-pumping. :D

Chadder007

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: exp
Heck it could be Horatio Sans
ROFL...I can just picture Horatio dressed as Saddam and delivering an address in the style of Ferey Muhtar (the Turkish talk show host), complete with knuckle-kissing and fist-pumping. :D

Yeah, I think Horatio is severly underated as an SNL cast member. I love his skits.

burnedout

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
<Ari Fleischer>"It doesn't matter if Saddam Hussein is alive or not because his regime will soon end anyway."</Ari Fleischer>

Conky

Lifer
May 9, 2001
This whole thing is bizarre.

They pointed out on one of the news channels that Saddam has always been very reluctant to ever meet people or even let them touch him. He is EXTREMELY paranoid about catching germs or being assassinated(which isn't hard to believe considering he assassinated a previous Iraqi "president" to reach his current position). For him to be out on the street is amazing.

He is very big on security which makes this even odder. Perhaps he got high and thought it was a good idea or, more likely, perhaps it's a double. The real Saddam wouldn't expose himself like this unless of course he thinks a small gesture like this will stir the millions of Iraqi's, that is if they could afford a TV and if the electricity was on. :p

I will say that I saw the tape and it did look like him.

I'm still hoping he's dead although dead or not, he has become powerless. Perhaps he is trying to cement his position in history although I doubt history will be very kind to him.

Cfour

Golden Member
Jul 6, 2000
www.sternie.com
Ya it would be strange for Sadaam to appear out in the open like that, especially at a time like this. He is insanely paranoid and even has someone taste his food before he eats it to make sure it isn't poisoned.

Tony

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: Cfour
Ya it would be strange for Sadaam to appear out in the open like that, especially at a time like this. He is insanely paranoid and even has someone taste his food before he eats it to make sure it isn't poisoned.

Tony

That Saddam didn't even look uneasy, he was grinning like an idiot, it seemed like he was unused to attention like that and was enjoting this new experience.