Saddam is not the only one not claiming his family's remains

Jan 12, 2003
300-400 Bodies Unclaimed

France is clearly at war with Mother Nature; the battle has taken the lives of over 10,000 innocent people, mostly the elderly. Now that the leaders of that nation have returned from vacation, would should all pray that the families of these victims step forward, claim the remains, and provide for a decent burial of the victims. I hope this tragic loss of life is over and the government takes steps to ensure that this never happens again.

Orsorum

Lifer
Dec 26, 2001
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx
300-400 Bodies Unclaimed

France is clearly at war with Mother Nature; the battle has taken the lives of over 10,000 innocent people, mostly the elderly. Now that the leaders of that nation have returned from vacation, would should all pray that the families of these victims step forward, claim the remains, and provide for a decent burial of the victims. I hope this tragic loss of life is over and the government takes steps to ensure that this never happens again.

I'm sorry? Your implicit comparison of Saddam with Chirac doesn't quite make sense. Your statement about the tragedy of the victims of the heatwave is by all means true, but that doesn't warrant a comparison of Chirac with Saddam.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
300-400 Bodies Unclaimed

You really seem to care about the elderly in Fance. If that because they are the only ones who remember that America helped liberate them from the Nazi's?

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: Orsorum
300-400 Bodies Unclaimed

I'm sorry? Your implicit comparison of Saddam with Chirac doesn't quite make sense. Your statement about the tragedy of the victims of the heatwave is by all means true, but that doesn't warrant a comparison of Chirac with Saddam.

You are making illogical inferences from my post, sir. Who said anything about Chirac? I am placing the burden on the families.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003

I'd like to know what warrants your post. Maybe the heat is getting to you too. :confused:

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Galt doesn't give two sh!ts about the French. It's been proven in many, many other threads. Personally, I'm getting sick of the endless threads you post about it. Your not fooling anyone.

Jan 12, 2003
As usual, when a thread is stated about an issue you would rather turn a blind eye to, you resort to attacks and asking me 'what warrants' my posts. I post a position on the subject; you, in turn, post a position on me...how about you stay out of my threads if you are "getting sick" of my threads.

In short, if you have nothing to add, please don't click on the link.

MonkeyK

Golden Member
May 27, 2001
So exactly what is the relationship between your thread title and your post? Are you suggesting that the French are like Saddam?

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
Saddam didn't attempt to claim his sons, and there's a bunch of people in France who haven't claimed their dead relatives. I might be going out on a limb here but I'll wager the similarity was what he was going for.
I'm sure he didn't mean to imply Frenchmen being in the habit of gasing one another, comitting rampant murder, and 'pruning their own family trees.'

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: MonkeyK
So exactly what is the relationship between your thread title and your post? Are you suggesting that the French are like Saddam?

The ones who didn't claim their family members, yes; exactly, sir.

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: kage69
Saddam didn't attempt to claim his sons, and there's a bunch of people in France who haven't claimed their dead relatives. I might be going out on a limb here but I'll wager the similarity was what he was going for.
I'm sure he didn't mean to imply Frenchmen being in the habit of gasing one another, comitting rampant murder, and 'pruning their own family trees.'

You are an anomaly, sir.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001

Laura Bush killed another driver in a car accident when she was younger. Many drunk drivers now face 2nd degree murder charges for DUI fatalities. The only similarity is unintentional death by motor vehicle but I doubt Bushies consider the comparison appropriate.

George W. Bush and his wife were issued new driver's licenses when he became governor. Many criminals seek new driver's licenses to hide prior activities which are linked by DL #. The action is the same but do you believe GWB's rationale was as well?

Despite your meager post count it is abundantly clear the well-being of the French is not tres important to you. IMO, the only character trait worse than lack of compassion is disingenuous compassion.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
You are an anomaly, sir

Given the norm of posts around here, you sir, are too kind.

Laura Bush killed another driver in a car accident when she was younger. Many drunk drivers now face 2nd degree murder charges for DUI fatalities. The only similarity is unintentional death by motor vehicle but I doubt Bushies consider the comparison appropriate

And that's relevent, how exactly? Was the person killed related to Laura Bush by some chance? I didn't think so.

George W. Bush and his wife were issued new driver's licenses when he became governor. Many criminals seek new driver's licenses to hide prior activities which are linked by DL #. The action is the same but do you believe GWB's rationale was as well?

Again, relevence?

Despite your meager post count it is abundantly clear the well-being of the French is not tres important to you. IMO, the only character trait worse than lack of compassion is disingenuous compassion.

First of all, my post count has no bearing on anything here, so cram it. Second, spare us your psych evaluation - you don't know me at all, and nothing I said was inappropriately leveled at the French nor was historically inaccurate (Saddam afterall has killed off many members of his own family, etc). IMO, the only thing worse than a sanctimonious assh0le, is a sanctimonious assh0le making unfounded assumptions.

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
HEY! There will be no use of logic around here, mister!

*hangs head* :eek:

Errr...I mean... BUSH IS TAKING US ALL TO HELL! HE AND THE CIA MADE A PACT WITH CASTRO AND KIM IL TO SELL AMERICAN BABIES ON THE UGANDAN BLACK MARKET AND SMOTHER FRANCE WITH HEAT GENERATED FROM PROTOTYPE SPY SATELLITE!!!

*wipes froth from mouth* Howsat? ;)

Just playin guys, you kno I luh you...

povertystruck

Aug 19, 2003
I heard on the BBC news that it is common in France for the elderly to be left alone. Which could explain why so many elderly died during the heatwave.

John Galt's title is accurate, in my opinion.

zantac

Jun 15, 2003
Originally posted by: kage69

Oh, of course not, everyone knows Saddam Hussein is world reknown for not claiming his family's remains.