Saddam hoodwinked to believe he had WMD

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Gaard

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2002
Originally posted by: Gaard
Dr Blix has always argued that weapons may be unaccounted for, but that did not mean they existed.

OMG! Where was this quote when I was saying the exact same thing to Alistar7, HoP, and others....to no avail I might add.

Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor
Imagine this bank robber who's been known to be armed walks into a bank and asks for their money...they would give it to him because they aren't going to take a chance he doesn't happen to have it on him. His gun is unaccounted for but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Consequently, when that robber is spotted by the police walking down the street some day and is shot for not cooperating, I'm not going to point my finger at the cops. Perceived power is virtually equivalent to power itself. So Blix's statement as an argument against the overthrowing of Saddam is rediculous and shows how little logic you're using to figure this all out.

;):)

Witling

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2003
Hero, I've got to admire a guy who can tailor the facts to fit his preconceptions. I loved the nonsense about "Yeah, and your girlfriend didn't break up with you." Besides ignoring the fact of what did happen, can you spell "false analogy?" But by far, my favorite Hero entry in this thread is.

"The justification is there for anybody with the logical reasoning ability of a ground squirrel to pick up."

Alas, all too true. All the ground squirrels picked it up. Those with less squirrel-like reasoning came to a different conclusion.