[SA]Nvidia delays another GPU

Cloudfire777

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2013
I hope you are sitting down for this news because SemiAccurate has just learned Nvidia has delayed another GPU. I know this sounds like a broken record but the blame game has also begun before it is even official news to the partners.
Anyone with a subscription that can find out which GPU he is talking about? Because the quote above is all we "freebies" get to see :biggrin:

Is Maxwell delayed again? Sounds important because Nvidia is apparantly blaming someone. My guess is TSMC

http://semiaccurate.com/2014/06/06/nvidia-delays-another-gpu/

Last edited:

MisterMac

Sep 16, 2011
Lovely ambiguous tag text.

Could be a SKU ...could be a MicroArchitecture....

Is there anyone that actually pays charlie 1000 USD to be a "professional subscriber"?

TreVader

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2013
2014 is just a series of unfortunate events for nv so far.

Since the 780ti was released they've had nothing but bad news with Tegra K1 and Titan Z and who knows what else is wrong. They really need to step their game up because GK110 is a good product but very old. You can't ride that gravy train forever.

Cloudfire777

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2013
Lovely ambiguous tag text.
Could be a SKU ...could be a MicroArchitecture....
Is there anyone that actually pays charlie 1000 USD to be a "professional subscriber"?

bahaha, you didnt joke. He actually takes $1000 for the professional subscription. And he have increased the regular subscription from $50 to $100

2014 is just a series of unfortunate events for nv so far.
Since the 780ti was released they've had nothing but bad news with Tegra K1 and Titan Z and who knows what else is wrong. They really need to step their game up because GK110 is a good product but very old. You can't ride that gravy train forever.

Lets see here:
Broadwell delayed til 2015 and was originally planned for 2014
Maxwell GPUs was said to be designed for 20nm but thanks to the lovely TSMC that always mess things up, they say the first one will be in 28nm and then 20nm not until 2015.
No SATA Express support with 9 series chipset. A long overdue change to Intel chipsets. Still rocking that saturated SATA3 since what, 4 years ago?
No DDR4 support on the 9 series chipset. Also a long overdue change.
GK110 milked beyond everything.

Yup, 2014 is absolutely looking to be a horrible year

Last edited:

f1sherman

Platinum Member
Apr 5, 2011
Anyone with a subscription that can find out which GPU he is talking about? Because the quote above is all we "freebies" get to see :biggrin:

Is Maxwell delayed again? Sounds important because Nvidia is apparantly blaming someone. My guess is TSMC

Only delayed?

Pretty sure Charlie claimed Nvidia will have NOTHING to compete through Q4 2013/2014.
Meanwhile they keep hitting 24 months high.

What sorcery............. :confused:

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
Did anyone actually expect a new GPU this year anyway? Maybe the very end of the year, but not before. This isn't surprising. Half way through 2015 I wouldn't be shocked to still see 780's selling for $500.00.

Cloudfire777

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2013
Did anyone actually expect a new GPU this year anyway? Maybe the very end of the year, but not before. This isn't surprising. Half way through 2015 I wouldn't be shocked to still see 780's selling for $500.00.

I`m always very very positive about the future and was expecting Maxwell high end (GM204) around summer with Computex being the reveal. And we would get a sneak peek at the GPU conference.
So far, GPU conference was all about Tegra and Tegra in cars lol.
Computex where Nvidia was non existant and notebooks that were showed had either GTX 860M (new Maxwell) and 800M Kepler rebrands.

Meh pretty bad H1 2014 :/

So I`m beginning to wonder if Charlie is hinting about Maxwell being delayed. What other GPU are we expecting from Nvidia?

Only delayed?

Pretty sure Charlie claimed Nvidia will have NOTHING to compete through Q4 2013/2014.
Meanwhile they keep hitting 24 months high.

What sorcery............. :confused:
Yeah he isnt exactly the most reliable "source" out there to put it light lol.
But I`m still curious about the article

Last edited:

KaRLiToS

Golden Member
Jul 30, 2010
Next Gen is far away... from either side.

I'm really starting to think that the early Titan adopters did a great move because there is no to small improvement only since then.

My R9 290Xs will last me for a while.

ShintaiDK

Lifer
Apr 22, 2012
I sure dont hope anyone take SA serious in any way. And for anyone buying a subscription of him, I got some public bridges to sell to you.

Techhog

Platinum Member
Sep 11, 2013
With those subscription practices, this site should be banned from these forums imo.

Cloudfire777

Golden Member
Mar 24, 2013
If anyone do have a subscription, just post the information here and say you got it from a friend or that you found the information through sourcecode or something.

ocre

Golden Member
Dec 26, 2008
he has no information.

It is a juicy bit of..............nothing

its your pay for your daily nvidia trash talk site. I really dont think S/A has any real information. These kind of articles are always vague and rarely specific. And these days the few times they are specific, its been totally wrong. But the crazy thing is, the next article just carries on like it never happened

DarkKnightDude

Mar 10, 2011
For all we know they could have delayed a mobile gpu.

Though Charlie wouldn't mention it I guess unless its "important"

take with some salt.

Flapdrol1337

Golden Member
May 21, 2014
Please pay to read article with clickbait title. Looks like nobody here is crazy enough to do it though.