S.T.A.L.K.E.R Call of Pripyat (Misery ) - performance issues

Clorky

Sep 12, 2012
Hello everyone, i have bought recently the game Call of Pripyat, played it through on 60 FPS and maxed out settings (+4xAA and 16xAF) but once i've downloaded Misery mod, which is obviously much more demanding, i have performance issues on my rig.

Now that's pretty weird in my point of view, like i'm getting max 40FPS and choppy mouse with my 7950 and i5? Where's the problem? I tried to reinstall whole Call of Pripyat game, but there is no diference. The mod uses high quality textures, enhanced lightening, particle effects and such things, but still, i though i can run it maxed out. There's basically no problem with any other game, even BF3 or Crysis 1/2 i can run with some mods enhancing graphics on +50 FPS!

Could anyone help? I'll be really glad.

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
What are you asking exactly? That you installed a graphics mod and it doesn’t perform fast enough to your liking?

In that case, either reduce your detail levels, or uninstall the mod.

Clorky

Sep 12, 2012
I'm asking if it's possible, if there is bottleneck or not, or if anyone has the same problem. The creator runs it on this rig without problems:

Performance with the developing machine: Windows XP, Intel Core i7 920 CPU
4x2.66GHz, 4 GB DDR RAM. nVidia GeForce GTX285 1 GB. DirectX 9.0c.
Performance: 45-65 FPS (fluid game)

Mustafus

Oct 28, 2012
Your problems are high quality textures, enhanced lighting, and particle effects. Turn them down, especially lighting, so try 'static lighting'.

You could probably could use most of the tweaks for Shoc for Cop.
http://www.tweakguides.com/STALKER_1.html

You can also use the modded executables for here: (GSC folks use these too)
https://***********************/kingo64ssite/Home/patched-exes (what is with the asterisks?)
https:// sites.google.com/ site/ kingo64ssite/ Home/ patched-exes (run, page won't load, so just remove all '%20')

Use the following command line parameters: -noprefetch -nointro -noshadows
http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t...3&thm_page=3&thm_id=1950&sec_id=16&offset=240

If you have not played S.t.a.l.k.e.r Clear Sky or Shadow of Chernobyl then get them. They are more fun, especially Shadow of Chernobyl. Some of the mods are really outstanding.

You will also have to experiment witht the level of FSAA. Best to set at 2x.

Last edited:

Annisman*

Golden Member
Aug 20, 2010
Even with GTX 670 SLI my frames aren't where I'd like them to be, turn your settings down.

Clorky

Sep 12, 2012
I found that the problem was in DX11 - it is bugged.
With DX10.1 +50FPS.

Clorky

Sep 12, 2012
Because it's just freakin' KICKASS!!!

Totally hardcore, full of action, need use of brain, outstanding visuals and texture quality, extreme atmosphere.

Out of that, all we can take from Complete are outstanding visuals.

AND THERE IS MISERY 2.0 COMING OUT PROBABLY THIS WEEK! Every texture will be completely handmade up to 2048 resolution, new meshes. PPx shaders (extreme particles mod) optional patch, realism tweaks, armory mod, Chorna Doroha (alternate start), new stash coordinates etc. Can't wait no longer.

You just need to live with the difficulty.
What are you waiting for?

Stringjam

Golden Member
Jun 30, 2011
AND THERE IS MISERY 2.0 COMING OUT PROBABLY THIS WEEK! Every texture will be completely handmade up to 2048 resolution, new meshes. PPx shaders (extreme particles mod) optional patch, realism tweaks, armory mod, Chorna Doroha (alternate start), new stash coordinates etc. Can't wait no longer.

I didn't know there was another one in the works......I'll definitely have to check that out.

Oct 25, 2006
I didn't know there was another one in the works......I'll definitely have to check that out.

Wow. Looks like I have to beat Misery for the third time.

They need to make it even harder. Even on Hardest, the game isn't that hard.