S@H October Crunchers MTR finnished: "Latecomers" on top...

Rattledagger

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
Well, I did the 1st stats, and here is the last. :)
The October Crunchers MiniTeamRace, final results, 05.11.2002, day 32.

The Final standings:
12330....."Latecomers"
12046.....Ghetto Crunching Crew
11980.....Neffer say Die
11919.....The 7th Sense
10819.....The Wild Thundering Federation Herd Party
10744.....TeAm High Speed Crunchers
9521.....Team OctoberQuest
9485.....The WUsual Suspects
8905.....Dirty 1/2 Dozen

Todays final dumps..
844.....Team OctoberQuest
546.....The 7th Sense
546.....Dirty 1/2 Dozen
485....."Latecomers"
458.....Ghetto Crunching Crew
391.....Neffer say Die
340.....TeAm High Speed Crunchers
315.....The Wild Thundering Federation Herd Party
282.....The WUsual Suspects

Huge dump by Team OctoberQuest. :)

As for huge dumpers, looks like all except DAPUNISHER managed to submit anything today. :)

For the MTR-stats at Soni

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Congratulations to the winners of the MTR!

Congratulations also to my teammates of the TeAm High Speed Crunchers - we didn't really plan any strategies for this, but we did break the 10k mark before the race ended, so pat yourselves on the back for a job well done. :)

Engineer

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Congrats to the LateComers on the big victory...and thanks to Evadman, RattleDagger and Soni for stats...stats....and more stats! :D

Thanks The Wild Thundering Federation Herd Party for a great run...just a tad short! :D

more..more..more! :Q

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Congrats to the Latecomers with a good win! Congrats also to evryone who participated in this race! the TeAm was the winner as pretty much everyone improved their output for this race! Pre race averages of 277 would lead to a total of 8500 WU's for the 31 days the race ran. Every team beat this. Way to go! Congrats to the Dirty 1/2 Dozen, on staying closest to pre-race averages :p

As for my bet: I lost :) Whohoo! Everyone on "Latecomers" please PM me with your address so I can send you your prize. You too Baldy18. :) Of course, I had only set aside $330 for this since no team had over 6 members, but I am sure we can figure something out :)

Smokeball: Looks like we will be buying each other lunch :p

Rattledagger

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
Originally posted by: Engineer
Congrats to the LateComers on the big victory...and thanks to Evadman, RattleDagger and Soni for stats...stats....and more stats! :D

Thanks The Wild Thundering Federation Herd Party for a great run...just a tad short! :D

more..more..more! :Q

Hmm, didn't Confused produce the stats one day also? or maybe it's me that's confused. :)

Also a BIG congratulation to DJSnairdA for making the race. :D

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Congrats! to the Latecomers for a great win! :D

Thanks! to my Ghetto Crunching Crew teammates Cakin, Ghettofob, M2kewl, Starrider for kicking us into 2nd place! :D When I lost some of my herd, you guys stepped it up! :D

Thanks! to Neffer Say Die and The 7th Sense for a great back and forth battle! :D

Thanks! to all my Team Anandtech teammates for a great race! :D

Thanks! to all the MTR organizers and stats pimps! :D

When's the next one? :D

Smoke

Distributed Computing Elite Member
Jan 3, 2001
Smokeball: Looks like we will be buying each other lunch :p

Whatever, I'm looking forward to it. :)

This was a very close race and I'd like to thank DJSnairdA for stepping up and getting it going. ;)

It was nice the way several different members just jumped into the fray and did the nightly updates. :D

I'd like to once again thank our "Stats Master SONI" for providing the server and program that allows these races to be run so smoothly. :)

Cheers to my fellow team mates on "The 7th Sense"! I'd like to team up again with you guys anytime, anyplace. :D

And congrats to the "Latecomers" for taking the checkered flag on this year's "October Crunchers MTR"! :D:D:D

m2kewl

Diamond Member
Oct 7, 2001
woohoo - first of all, congrats to Latecomers! :D great job and big kudos to each and all the crunchers!! :cool:

woohoo - second of all, thanks to everyone who help organize and participated in it! it was great fun!! :D

most importantly - thanks to all my team mates - cakin, ray, starrider,and ghettofob, whom all managed monster averages and we came in second place!!! :D:D:D i would race with you guys on my team any day!!! :D:D:D

lane42

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2000
Good Racing Everyone :D, And Congrats To The Latecomers.
A Great Job By The 7th Sense, WTG GUYS :) :)

jatwell

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
Thanks for all the congrats :) Latecomers win!! :D

Everyone who participated was a winner because we all smashed the heck outta our average daily output (~275 / day) during the race.

Let's keep it up!

cakin

Golden Member
Feb 18, 2001
Congrats to the Latecomers and the same goes for everyone else who participated!

What other TeAm in the world would miss that many hours of UT2003! Individually and as mini-teams - everyone rose to the occasion and helped us climb in the team rankings, Congrats to everyone!

Especially the GCC!

When do we do it again?

Freewolf

Diamond Member
Feb 15, 2001
Congrats to the latecomers for a race well ran!
Thanks to my fellow teammates on the HSC! We gave it our best shot and thank to everyone who helped to put on such a fun race, hope we do it again soon!

toft-dk

Diamond Member
Oct 21, 1999
Thanks to the Raceorganizers , Soni for the statskeeping , and all the wonderful people of
this community that stepped up to the plate. This Race was Great , Fun and exiting.
This simply proves that TeAm Anandtech IS the best TeAm in the world :D:D:D

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
As a member of the Latecomers I'm glad to say ***WE*** won. When I say ***WE*** I'm talking about TeAm Anandtech. I know the Latecomers won the race but if you check the overall stats you'll see the TeAm was the real winner and that's what it's all about.

Thanks to Evadman & Rattledagger! :)

rbV5

Lifer
Dec 10, 2000
Hats off to "Latecomers" for the big win and the rest of the Teams for the grand effort! Thanks for including me in the big race (my first MTR) and for my teamates PieDerro (Wow), minendo, scorp00 and Wolfie, Thanks guys! Nice work Team OctoberQuest! You all made it fun..............

DJSnairdA

Golden Member
Dec 30, 2000
So the MTR has finished now... *wipes a tear* :)

The first week of organising this was all hands on deck for me. This MTR would still be another for the "ideas book" without members like Smokeball and Confused keeping me going :D Thanks a lot guys! :)

After i got everything worked out (the teams etc) the effort from me was gone and it was handed to Evadman and Rattledagger! :) Another few people who made this MTR work very successfully first time around.

Also, a huge big thanks MUST go to soni for his open welcome to his stats page. I think without that, i would have been put another few hours every night behind the computer working out peoples production. And even then it wouldn't be very accurate. soni's stats were always prompt and accurate (except for at the start when we had a few problems, but they were mainly caused by berkely).

However, it is very important to note that this would not have been a Mini Team Race without the Mini Teams and the Racers. You guys were fantastic and you made my job and everyone elses a complete pleasure. And that is not limited to the MTR racers. This is the entire TeAm Anandtech. A group of people who never (neffer ;)) say die :)

My congratulations go to the "Latecomers for their official victory. However, I think a big congrats must definately go to Ghetto Crunching Crew for being "the dudes who would have won if the "Latecomers" hadn't come along" ;) They were sitting midway down the standings for most the race but they came back flying (who was the assimilator?? :D) and almost got "Latecomers" at the end.

Everyone else did very well. The total WU's from this MTR was 97749 and that makes me very proud!! :):D

It's been a great month of great quality SETI racing! I hope to see you in a future MTR! :D

Marrkks

Jun 9, 2001
The total WU's from this MTR was 97749 and that makes me very proud!! :D
Everyone who participated was a winner because we all smashed the heck outta our average daily output (~275 / day) during the race:D

A big thanks to soni:D:D:D

Go neffer say die----oh wait.......you mean it's over!:Q;):)

good race, my first. congrats to all.:)

LastKnight

Jan 28, 2000
WTG Latecomers. Almost 100K WUs for the month in this group. TA wins!

Congrats to GCC for edging us out near the end, and to 7th sense for making a late run. Thanks to everyone that played.

Special thanks to all Neffer say Die teammates.

It's been fun. I was gonna move systems back to eccp once everything completed, but it looks like that's out. Maybe d2ol if their client is stable...

Polo

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Thanks all for the funny race ! :)

We've all done our best and the team wins ! :D

Special thanks to the stats keeper ! :D :D

Confused

Elite Member
Nov 13, 2000
Wow! I missed the final few days of this MTR (i hope my computers didn't slack off while i was away ;)) but wow, such a great end!

I would like to do my little thanks here...:)

A big THANKS to so many people, lets start from anywhere i can be bothered to ;)

THANKS! to:
DJSnairdA, who did a great job of organising his first MTR, and a great job you did, Sir!
Smokeball, for helping out Adrian in those slightly sticky problems!
Soni, he's the statsman, skee ba ba da ba do...
Rattledagger, Evadman, for providing the majority of the stats and commentry to go with them :)
Myself, Markks, for stepping in a couple of days when the stats hadn't been posted by any of the other lazy &$£%"!'s ;)

Congrats! to my fellow Team High Speed Crunchers team mates, freewolf, networkman, onebadv6, Soni and TeAm Pazoo :D

Congrats to the Latecomer's, and to all those on EVERY SINGLE OTHER TEAM (I would mention all names but i do need to have some sleep tonight ;))

W:QW! Nearly 100k WUs in 32 days from all these people......sheeeesh! WTG everyone! :D

Until the next MTR....

Spacehead

Lifer
Jun 2, 2002
I really enjoyed my 1st MTR. Can't wait till the next one :)

Thanks to DJSnairdA, Soni, Evadman & Rattledagger for their effort & time.

97749 WU's :Q Great work everyone! :)

Wolfie

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
97749 WU in 30 days That to me is remarkable. And this is just a few members of the TA team. This just blows my mind away.

Great job everyone. Now don't stop growing your herds. The battle isn't over yet. Let's keep working hard and take over the #1 spot. And don't say it won't happen. Cause you never know.

Wolfie