S@H daily team stats 10/15

Hellburner

Senior Member <br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Local group production 10/15

04 S@N...........................(+1505774)............... +14707
05 TA...............11248878................................... +10761
06 BBR...............................(-177103).................. +8367

Two new TeAmmates kalaga w/2068 wu's and Texas :)

Rattledagger

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
Welcome to the new users. :cool:

Thanks for the stats, Hellburner. :beer:

Not so good news is that now the seti for BOINC-validator has chewed through the backlog, Planet 3DNow! is brewing down our necks and will probably pass tomorrow so the TeAm drops to #14. Next in line is The Planetary Society. :(

SNC

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2001
Originally posted by: Rattledagger
Welcome to the new users. :cool:

Thanks for the stats, Hellburner. :beer:

Not so good news is that now the seti for BOINC-validator has chewed through the backlog, Planet 3DNow! is brewing down our necks and will probably pass tomorrow so the TeAm drops to #14. Next in line is The Planetary Society. :(

BOING!! Is what will cause BBR to pass TeAm Anand in SETI1.
Some people that join the TeAm and get convinced to do BOING!! instead of classic, get frustrated and just leave DC period. I see no reason whatever to be doing BOING!!. It does the same work as classic, when you can get work. There needs to be a separate thread for the distribution of complaints for BOING!!. I for one am sick of hearing the whining. BOING!! does not work, and will not work well for at least another year. I don?t understand why people that are involved in DC are using BOING!! for SETI. If you want to do work, stick with classic. If you want to beta test a software package, please understand it is not going to work right and please don?t wine about it.

Bitching over.

Rattledagger

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
Granted the current seti for BOINC-stats isn't very accurate since just got credit for a long backlog, but we've been outcrunched by BBR since August. And according to the latest RAC they're crunching 2x as much as the TeAm...
Since it's highly likely all users running seti@home would have run "classic" if BOINC hadn't been an option, Anandtech would example crunch 300 wu/day more in "classic", but at the same time BBR would have crunched 600 wu/day more in "classic". So IMO having seti for BOINC actually helps the "classic" Anandtech-team.

As for BOINC not working, CPDN for BOINC have AFAIK not had any problems, except v4.03 didn't work on NT4 &amp; win9x, but the newest v4.04 even work on these older OS.

Seti@home for BOINC have had many hardware-problems, but AFAIK after the latest database-changes there haven't been any problems, and no problem getting enough work. As for the core client, haven't had any problems since beta-v2-something, and the core client is not even marked as "beta" any longer.
The seti-application have also run without any problems.

As for why use BOINC, even the latest seti-application is slower than "classic", the BOINC-version is more effective since normally only crunches the same wu 3 times, while "classic" has now an average of 7.51 result/wu and increasing so it's probably nearer to 15 results/wu now.

This really means that even with the slower seti-client under BOINC can use 50% of crunching-power in other projects like CPDN and LHC and only crunch 50% of the time seti@home, but still do more seti-science than if running "classic"...

theinsen1

Sep 10, 2004
hey kalaga
welcome to the team!!!
nice you took the invitation.
hope you drop by the forum.
waiting for more ppl though.
thanks HB.

Dalephi

Golden Member
Nov 30, 2003
Thanks HB!

Welcome to the new members!!!

As far as SETI BOINC, I have seen much more stability than when it first started. I run it secondary to SETI Classic. It completes a work unit every four to five days. Any time frame yet when they will shut down Classic? It looks to still be a while.

SETI Classic till the end!!!

Rattledagger

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
They're hard at work finishing the separate gui, but no idea how much is left to do here. Then this is released and works as should, the only left to do is making sure the servers can take the load of "classic"...

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Welcome! to the new members! :D

Thanks! HB! :D

RattleDagger, I understand your concerns about BOINC, but this is not the appropriate thread. I for one do not appreciate an implied plea for recruiting in a stats thread for SETI classic. I have no problems with you starting a separate thread about BOINC, but I don't want to come in to this thread and see a discussion/complaint/plea for help for BOINC. Thanks.

I for one am trying to help keep the TeAm ahead of BBR in SETI CLASSIC. Once it is over, we can then turn the big guns to BOINC, by then it should be better stabilized.

But recruiting from the SETI CLASSIC team now isn't going to help either project as much.

Rattledagger

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
Well, the title of this thread is "S@H daily team stats", and my initial comments was about seti@home-team-stats. ;)

Still, "brewing down our necks" wasn't a good choise of words. :eek:

The rest is just responses to other messages, even these was atleast partially off-topic, just like the current message really is off-topic.

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
What Ray said ;)

Though I still believe its worth having a small number of people doing BOINC to road test it:p

RD
Re S@H1 ,at this point I think most of us are doing S@H1 more for TA &amp; keeping BBR behind us than the science ,at least in the short time that S@H1 has left.

Anyway ,we had a good day today ,beat BBR by 2.4k :D

RaySun2Be

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Rattledagger
The rest is just responses to other messages, even these was atleast partially off-topic, just like the current message really is off-topic.

Which wouldn't be in this thread if you hadn't brought up BOINC in the first place.

Next time, please just stick to SETI CLASSIC comments. Thanks. :)

SNC

Platinum Member
Jan 14, 2001
Originally posted by: RaySun2Be
Welcome! to the new members! :D

Thanks! HB! :D

RattleDagger, I understand your concerns about BOINC, but this is not the appropriate thread. I for one do not appreciate an implied plea for recruiting in a stats thread for SETI classic. I have no problems with you starting a separate thread about BOINC, but I don't want to come in to this thread and see a discussion/complaint/plea for help for BOINC. Thanks.

I for one am trying to help keep the TeAm ahead of BBR in SETI CLASSIC. Once it is over, we can then turn the big guns to BOINC, by then it should be better stabilized.

But recruiting from the SETI CLASSIC team now isn't going to help either project as much.

What he said.