S@H classic question....

Darkone

Feb 26, 2000
If I change my email address on my S@H account, do i have to go 'round and change all my clients ? I no longer have access to my registered email account, but I also dont have access to some of my fleet any longer ...

I'm hoping if i change the email address, then the clients that are already running wont be bothered about it, else my output will drop to virtually zero :(

Anyone know ??

TIA

Wiz

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
I believe you can change your address and it leaves the reporting alone- just makes it so you can continue to control your account, if you have your password. However I'm not sure because I've never done it.

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
Hey bud! ,you've posted twice recently!:Q:p

Anyway ,I can tell ya you'll be fine ,I switched my account some months back (from breathe to ntl).
Didn't have to mess with any clients ,AFAIK they auto update when they next flush.
You'll need to tell any mates who run it for you though incase they re-install

And you've got no excuse for quitting out on me!;) heheh

Darkone

Feb 26, 2000
well i wouldn't want to be beaten by your cheating Assim :p

i'll have to see how many ta members i can recruit to help me stay ahead of you, given your recruitment :p

hehe.... thnx for the info anyhow....

BadThad

Lifer
Feb 22, 2000
Originally posted by: Assimilator1
Hey bud! ,you've posted twice recently!:Q:p

Anyway ,I can tell ya you'll be fine ,I switched my account some months back (from breathe to ntl).
Didn't have to mess with any clients ,AFAIK they auto update when they next flush.
You'll need to tell any mates who run it for you though incase they re-install

And you've got no excuse for quitting out on me!;) heheh

Hummm....that's 100% fact? I've been wanting to change my SETI email for a long time but I don't want to go around changing all the clients.

Wiz

Diamond Member
Feb 5, 2000
I believe it's set to add units to the db under your account as they come in, you have an account user ID that isn't the same as your email address. That's what the user_info.sah file does for you.

Rattledagger

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2001
It's some years ago the email-address was removed from user_info.sah, so already installed clients doesn't even know and therefore doesn't care whatever your email-address is. :)
So changing from one unknown email-address to something else doesn't change anything as far as the client goes. :)

Darkone

Feb 26, 2000
offered... recruit... you still couldn't beat me without it :p

bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p

BadThad

Lifer
Feb 22, 2000
Originally posted by: Rattledagger
It's some years ago the email-address was removed from user_info.sah, so already installed clients doesn't even know and therefore doesn't care whatever your email-address is. :)
So changing from one unknown email-address to something else doesn't change anything as far as the client goes. :)

AAAAAHHHHH...SWEEEEEET! Man, you guys would laugh at me if you knew how long I wanted to change this for, hehehehe. SETI cruncher for over 5 years now and I never knew that. Now, when a new client is setup I have to enter my NEW email address, right?

Doc Brown

Aug 28, 2004
Originally posted by: Darkone

If you are having problems with your clients and don't wish to have them add to your total ... send tyhem my way ...

Darkone

Feb 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Doc Brown

If you are having problems with your clients and don't wish to have them add to your total ... send tyhem my way ...

You'd better ask Assimilator1, hes the one wasting his time trying to catch me....... :p

Eat my dust assimilator1 ! mwahahahaha!!!!

:p

PS: I love baiting you Mark :p

C'mon!! gimme all ya got! :p

Darkone

Feb 26, 2000
heh just checked the stats... i see the TA member helping you to try beat me has started to crank your WUs up.... heh....

Now, if only u could have done it on your own it would have been an acheivement :p

hehhehe

BadThad

Lifer
Feb 22, 2000
heh just checked the stats... i see the TA member helping you to try beat me has started to crank your WUs up.... heh....

Now, if only u could have done it on your own it would have been an acheivement :p

hehhehe

Whoa....he's giving you the business on this one A1! lol

Assimilator1

Elite Member
Nov 4, 1999
lmao :D

BT
Yes to your earlier question re new email add

D1
Actually that was my own output (flushing work Q after holiday):p;) ,the little boost I'm getting has on only just started to kick in.......so you'd better have that armada of HT P4s if your gonna hold me back or I'll stomp all over you & blow dust all over your sorry Ass! :D

Oh yeah ,& I'll knick your Beer too! :Q

........now its gettin serious ;) heheh