Ryzen-A Fail for Gamers?

Page 26 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

french toast

Feb 22, 2017
You mean like a certain AMD fan posts nothing but BF1 "benchmarks" (actually his own unsubstantiated observations) over and over and over again?
If we are talking of the same person i think, well he links benchmarks that at least show the setup and engages in intelligent debate, unlike this guy and a little band of brothers who come onto ryzen threads with the sole reason to denigrate amd products, with very little objectivity or even an attemp at debate.
Yes there are a group of posters that correct mis information being spread about amd products, which i have been one, but its not the same as 4-5 people consistently bashing amd products almost as a hobby, mostly without any kind of objectivity or discussion.
You know exactly what and who im speaking about.
I dont see that in intel threads.

psolord

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2009

Thanks for these vids, don't mind what people say. Keep them coming.

We need to collect all kinds of information, if we are to spend like 750 euros for an upgrade. Personally I wouldn't want to find myself upgrading from a fast 2500k with fast ram, only to find that in some games my old cpu is faster than my new one.

Which seems to be the case with Far Cry Primal.

Ok my 2500k beat all this guys systems, but this is only because they are only running at 4Ghz. I am sure his 3570k and 6700k can go way higher. And people are complaining that he is handicapping the AMD cpu? For real?

psolord

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2009
Oh and btw I left him a message about his ram speeds on Ryzen. Let's see if he answers and what he will answer really.

Head1985

Golden Member
Jul 8, 2014
Oh and btw I left him a message about his ram speeds on Ryzen. Let's see if he answers and what he will answer really.
He said multiple times in comments that ram runs at 2800Mhz.I dont know why ppl think it runs at 2133mhz.
Btw yeah 6700k can go way higher with faster GPU of course
https://youtu.be/O3MfL6MVdj8?t=288

i can get 104fps with GTX1070 but its GPU bottleneck whole time

Last edited:
Reactions: Malogeek

guachi

Nov 16, 2010
I haven't watched the video. Please tell me that English isn't his native language. Reading that comment was painful.

Reactions: french toast

tamz_msc

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2017
Why show the MSI utility when you can just pull up a CPU-Z window showing SPD?

krumme

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2009
Why show the MSI utility when you can just pull up a CPU-Z window showing SPD?
Yeaa. Excactly.
Whatever we will never know anyway. He started writing the wrong specs so its a bit difficult to trust the numbers.
Not that far cry gets fast on zen becauce of that but still it needs to be trustworthy.

Reactions: unseenmorbidity

psolord

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2009
Thats damn impressive he can get 4 stacks of old ram from 2013/2014 to run at 2667. Its way past specs. Can you ask him to post a cpu z screenshot so we can look at the timings?
There are video links posted.

Anyone is free to ask him whatever they want guys.

guachi

Nov 16, 2010
Elitism? Writing in a coherent English sentence (for a native English speaker) isn't elitism. It's fourth grade English.

He presents himself in that comment like he isn't a professional and just doesn't care. So I'll treat him that way until given a reason to treat him some other way.