Ryzen 7 1700 for $250 Get it Now if you want one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HannooFX

Jun 6, 2016
Thought I would share this:

Found this on benbargains.net

$299.99 with 20% ebay/paypal coupon code "C20SPRING" brings it down to $250

Get it if you want one now, that's steal price!

This is not the place to put hot deals.
Secondly ebay links are not allowed.

eBay are allowed in the Hot Deals forum only under certain conditions. The seller, does
not meet these conditions.

esquared
Anandtech Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

thepaleobiker

Feb 22, 2017
Thought I would share this:

Found this on benbargains.net

$299.99 with 20% ebay/paypal coupon code "C20SPRING" brings it down to $250

Get it if you want one now, that's steal price!

I cannot believe I'm doing this, but I just bought the Ryzen 1700 for $250! ($249.99 to be exact)

Wow.

NOTE for Coupon usage / clarification - YOU MUST USE PAYPAL otherwise the Coupon Code will not work. I Exclusively buy using my American Express Card for their extra warranty as well as 90-day return protection. You can add your American Express Card to Paypal, and then set it up as your default payment. This is a simple roundabout.

Thanks again! I guess I'll be off selling my 1-week old i5 7500 :D !

Regards,
Vishnu

Ranulf

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
Well, it went through, we'll see if it ships. ;) The savings equals a good quality cooler for it.

thepaleobiker

Feb 22, 2017
Holy... that's so tempting!

Any ITX boards worth buying yet?
Sadly, none :( ITX boards are expected to pop-up in mid-April (perhaps alongside the Ryzen 5 CPUs)

But hey, I am happy to buy a new case if I need to go microATX :) There are some really small (25-26L volume) mATX cases that are not much bigger than a typical ITX.

Cheers!

Regards,
Vishnu

thepaleobiker

Feb 22, 2017
Well, it went through, we'll see if it ships. ;) The savings equals a good quality cooler for it.
Isnt the stock Wraith Cooler considered quite good? Just curious if you are looking at going AIO/Water Cooling with the savings.

I was planning on using stock cooler, so If I'm missing out on some important detail please let me know.

Reactions: krumme

Ranulf

Platinum Member
Jul 18, 2001
I've not heard anything bad about the stock cooler but odds are I will overclock it and want low noise. I have a couple of good heatsinks (noctua) I can use for it so I probably won't go water but it is tempting.

Shlong

Diamond Member
Mar 14, 2002
The ebay store is called refurb4less, are these returned Ryzen 1700's that are poor at overclocking? Out of stock now.

Obvcop

Mar 7, 2017
Times like this I wish I lived in the states, damn brexit. Still no good motherboard stock and everything is overpriced. If I knew somebody who was going on holiday to the states I think I would just ask them to buy my entire upgrade.

Shlong

Diamond Member
Mar 14, 2002
Yeah, the description said they were new in box. I saw the store name and double checked.

This store is also selling the Ryzen 1700 at $299. I tried applying the C20SPRING code here but it wouldn't accept it.

thepaleobiker

Feb 22, 2017
That didn't last long...

I might need counseling / help....I started out on a G4560. Sold it in 2 weeks to get the i5 7500.... and couldnt pass up the Ryzen hype train.

But in all seriousness, the $200 i5 vs $250 Ryzen 7 isnt a bad swap. I'll happily sell my new i5 7500 for $185 if anyone's interested (I'll post it in the correct forum of course)

Regards,
Vishnu

thepaleobiker

Feb 22, 2017
This store is also selling the Ryzen 1700 at $299. I tried applying the C20SPRING code here but it wouldn't accept it.
Yes I tried that one, because they list it as being NEW CPU with 3 year warranty. The refurb listing seller lists it as a NEW CPU, but gives only 90days warranty. It might be a typo because they also list the CPU as A8-1700 :D somewhere else in their description.....

Fingers crossed, Will see what comes out of this!

Regards,
Vishnu

thepaleobiker

Feb 22, 2017
Yes I tried that one, because they list it as being NEW CPU with 3 year warranty. The refurb listing seller lists it as a NEW CPU, but gives only 90days warranty. It might be a typo because they also list the CPU as A8-1700 :D somewhere else in their description.....

Fingers crossed, Will see what comes out of this!

Regards,
Vishnu

The $249 Ebay listing part number is "YD1700BBAEBOX" and this is the Ryzen 1700 Boxed CPU.

Also, they will allow for a free return if the item is defective/damaged/or otherwise inaccurate.

Warranty : The listing by this seller states only a 90-day warranty though..... hmmm? Assurant offers a 1-year extended warranty for $15 for this Ebay listing. American Express will double any warranty so I should atleast have a 180-day warranty on this.

But yeah, a small bummer regarding Seller Warranty. Does anyone know if AMD will directly take warranty claims? Can I submit the CPU S/N or UPC and register on AMD website for warranty? (I'm guessing its a no...)

Regards,
Vishnu

Justinbaileyman

Golden Member
Aug 17, 2013
Bummer... they are all sold out of the r7 1700. I was trying to get one to hold me over till my 1800x replacement gets here. I even went as far as to buy another B350 motherboard today just to get something up and working.Let us know if they get more cause this is a killer deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.