Question Ryzen 3400g Alternative Budget CPU with integrated graphics Please

loveuser

Nov 18, 2020
Hello
Please guide me
i want order Ryzen 3400g because i want buy Budget cpu with integrated graphics

but Please tell me is there any cpu with integrated graphics that better than 3400g ?

For example is Intel have any cpu with integrated graphics and price rang of $200 ? if there is better please tell me model name

i most use for graphic design or video editing and no need for game

thank you

amd6502

Apr 21, 2017
I'd say the 3400g is quite a good budget APU, especially if you can match somewhat faster than officially supported memory (DDR4/3000) and OC the quite good iGPU.

$150 on amazon right now but not in stock till early Dec. If in the US, I'd wait for that price to come down slightly for this annual Black Friday event.

Native 4c beyond Zen+ might land for mobile anytime, surely before Q2 next year, and make its way to desktop early summer. I wouldn't expect the iGPU to be much better than what's in 3400g though. And that's what would be the limiting factor for gaming without a discrete GPU. I would think for graphic design it should be more than capable too. But you might want to go 16GB=2x8GB on the system RAM, since you might want to reserve around 2GB for the iGPU, maybe even more.

I don't know what the situation is with boards that support both the 3400g and the newer gen APUs like Renoir. I think some newer 500 series boards don't officially support 3400g, but they actually really do.

Last edited:

Insert_Nickname

Diamond Member
May 6, 2012
But you might want to go 16GB=2x8GB on the system RAM, since you might want to reserve around 2GB for the iGPU, maybe even more.

By all means go for 16GB if you can afford it (after the principle: more memory = better), but if you don't game there is no reason whatsoever to dedicate more then 128-256MB for the IGP. My Athlon gets by fine with only 96MB dedicated. Once the driver in Windows is loaded, it'll dynamically allocate if it needs more then the dedicated amount.

After all, the more memory you've dedicated to the IGP, the less there is for use as system memory. This becomes a bit critical if you only have 8GB, as 2GB dedicated would mean there is only 6GB for everything else. I always over provision memory on systems that rely on the IGP a bit for that reason.

AAbattery

Jan 11, 2019
The Ryzen 4650G is $230 on AliExpress and will give much better design and editing performance than the 3400G. And the 9700k went down to $200 at Microcenter.

amd6502

Apr 21, 2017
The Ryzen 4650G is $230 on AliExpress and will give much better design and editing performance than the 3400G. And the 9700k went down to $200 at Microcenter.

Well, it does have some more threads and the Renoir GPU is capable of ridiculously high resolutions. However, how many people will pair it with a display that is even capable of these resolutions? Such a monitor is likely to run a small fortune.

As far as CPU, they are both overkill to different degrees.

If the 3400g goes near $130 on sale I think it will be the better value APU.