Ryan Booed At AARP Convention

Jan 25, 2011
Some of these seniors need to have some respect, they want more services but want others to pay for it

Pssst. They paid for it themselves during their entire working lives.

You embody what is wrong with today's GOP with every post. Stuck on talking points without understanding what you're using them on.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Not good for team R/R, when the message fails.

Just in case you didn't know it the governing board of the AARP (very well paid btw) do not poll or ask their members to vote on the political stands they take. It's the kind of authoritative control that liberals seem so fond of.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
Some of these seniors need to have some respect, they want more services but want others to pay for it

Respect is earned, not given. Ryan and anyone who supports his voucher proposal are saying that they don't respect the people who will be affected by that proposal.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
It's the AARP, not seniors.

Keep telling yourself that.

There seems to be a growing rift between seniors & the party of the Rich & powerful over a lot of issues, like voucherized Medicare, threats to SS, non-regulation of finance, jobs for their children & grandchildren...

Minor details to the R&R campaign, I'm sure...

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Please, anyone, I really do want to know, when has competition in the private market place increased the cost of a product or a service?

Thank you.

monovillage

Diamond Member
Jul 3, 2008
Keep telling yourself that.

There seems to be a growing rift between seniors & the party of the Rich & powerful over a lot of issues, like voucherized Medicare, threats to SS, non-regulation of finance, jobs for their children & grandchildren...

Minor details to the R&R campaign, I'm sure...

For wiki on the AARP.

AARP Services Inc. offers: Medicare supplemental health insurance, discounts on prescription drugs and consumer goods, entertainment and travel packages, long-term care insurance and automobile, home and life insurance.[2] It provides quality control over the products and services made available by AARP-endorsed providers. According to AARP's 2008 Consolidated financials, it was paid $652,000,000 in royalties from insurance companies that sold products referred by AARP. AARP also received an additional $120,000,000 for the ads placed in its publications.[3]

According to critics, until the 1980s AARP was controlled by Mr. Davis, who promoted its image as a non-profit advocate of retirees in order to sell insurance to members.[5] After a lengthy competitive bidding process, AARP shifted the insurance contracts made available to members to Prudential in 1980. In the 1990s, the United States Senate investigated AARP's non-profit status, with Republican Senator Alan Simpson, then chairman of the United States Senate Finance Subcommittee on Social Security, Pensions, and Family Policy, questioning the organization's tax-exempt status in congressional hearings. According to Charles Blahous, the investigations did not reveal sufficient evidence to change the organization's status,[6] though in an interview years later by the Des Moines Register, Senator Simpson remained "troubled by AARP's practices", calling AARP "the biggest marketing operation in America and money-maker" and an organization whose practices are "the greatest abuse of American generosity I witnessed in my time in the U.S. Senate."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AARP

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com
Pssst. They paid for it themselves during their entire working lives.

You embody what is wrong with today's GOP with every post. Stuck on talking points without understanding what you're using them on.

They also voted for the gov't to spend that money on themselves during that same working life. I'm tired of seniors whining about "they paid" for it when it's already been spent - ON THEM. It's a double dip because we've had politicians who were too afraid to face the problem of old age entitlements. It's broken and needs to be fixed so the next generations don't abuse the purse too.

Doppel

Lifer
Feb 5, 2011
Seniors are part of the 47%
And you know what, proving Romney's point that they are irresponsible. Honestly how else the fvck does a person in the 47% still support him after what he said? Only if they really are as God-awfuly useless as he thinks they are would they.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Please, anyone, I really do want to know, when has competition in the private market place increased the cost of a product or a service?

Thank you.

Has insurance prices, the price of utilities, gone down with competition?