Russia’s Track And Field Team Barred From Rio Olympics Amid Doping Controversy

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012
Russia’s Track And Field Team Barred From Rio Olympics Amid Doping Controversy

https://consumerist.com/2016/06/17/...ed-from-rio-olympics-amid-doping-controversy/

"But in the days before Friday’s vote, the World Anti-Doping Agency questioned Russia’s reforms, saying that the testing authorities from the United Kingdom had been threatened while collecting urine samples by members of Russia’s Federal Security Service. It also said many athletes, many of them track and fielders, had outrun authorities trying to test them."

Hahaha. I have nothing to hide... you just have to catch me to test me. :)

kranky

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
The only way to have a level playing field is to let the athletes use whatever they want to boost performance. The way it is now, only the athletes with access to money get cutting-edge techniques and designer potions to avoid detection.

Throw out detection, ban nothing. If athletes don't care about dying at age 30 from abuse of PEDs in order to perhaps win something at age 25, let them.

Jimzz

Diamond Member
Oct 23, 2012
they all do it. professional and amateur alike. all sports.

This was not a case of someone cheating but a country and its entire program knowingly cheating. And even after getting caught and promising to stop they kept it up and just threatened the testers or the athletes themselves ran from them.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
IOC will probably do something to let some Russian athletes off the hook and compete.

Humpy

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2011
They should have a separate doping/cheating olympics where everything goes, could be rather entertaining.

I'd like to see that too but I think it would quickly kill off the pure sporting.

Probably the biggest thing I have an irrational hatred of is cheating in sports. It's like cheating at poetry or painting. WTF is the point? If you want to hide a motor on your bicycle just fucking race motorcycles. Assholes.

shimpster

Jul 5, 2007
Russian research into the human body physiology is carried over to every day medical purposes. Thus, even tho this might be cheating, it is for the advancement of medicine and human livez. Plus, President Putin will have an alternate strategy to enable the athletes to compete. Recall, any man that can invade another country and keep the identity of the invaderz hidden, under the nose of nato, will easily have his athletez compete in the olympics.

shimpster

Jul 5, 2007
i think the IOC will allow individual russian athletes to compete if they were not involved in the alleged scheme.
and the IOC fearz President Putin and his skilled political maneuverz