Rush Limbaugh Vows to go to Costa Rica for care if Health care bill passes!

GroundedSailor

Platinum Member
Feb 18, 2001

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
My objections to health care reform proposals are now subject to reconsideration. :D

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
Just like all the Holywood types that had an exodus when Bush was elected/reelected.

All for publicity

WHAMPOM

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2006
When everyone has health care, Rush will lose his enjoyment of the priviledge? OH! I get it now!

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
Listening to the clip in context, the caller is asking him where he would go for Healthcare if this bill passes.. Rush said nothing about MOVING there. But of course everyone will take it out of context.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Whatever Rush - costa rica has UHC. I've been there and got in an accident, no charge.

PS drivers are crazy as fuck watch out.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
He won't do it, because the guy is nothing more than a loudmouth shit who can't follow through and walk the walk. Even if he did, Costa Rica would probably send him back.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
When everyone has health care, Rush will lose his enjoyment of the priviledge? OH! I get it now!

Really? So you think there will someday be a time that uber rich folk and the average joe will enjoy the exact same privileges?

Keep dreaming buddy, the entire reason people aspire to be rich is so they can enjoy privileges they couldn't otherwise.

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
Really? So you think there will someday be a time that uber rich folk and the average joe will enjoy the exact same privileges?

Keep dreaming buddy, the entire reason people aspire to be rich is so they can enjoy privileges they couldn't otherwise.

While WHAMPOMs response was overly glib, the fact that someone aspires to be rich to get more toys that he or she couldn't afford otherwise seems to me to be a waste of a life.

Sure I'd like to have a boatload of cash, and there's nothing abnormal about that, but some people spend a considerable part of their lives accumulating wealth. That's their choice, but it occurs to me that one can always make another dollar, but no one can add a minute their lives.

Besides, wealth that doesn't benefit others is economic masturbation. Go for it if that's what matters, but it seems a shame that opportunities to do good might be considered less important than having a yacht two feet longer than your economic peers.

My take anyway.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Moving to Costa Rica Rush? Where they have gov ran healthcare?
Just how far up your A-hole does you head actually fit???

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
The thread title is both misleading and incorrect. I'll go on record asking for it to be changed.

It's been done before.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
Again, nowhere in Rush's statement does he say MOVE to Costa Rica.. The caller asks him where he would go for his Healthcare.. since it would presumably no longer be allowed for him to purchase healthcare privately like he does now (He has no insurance).

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good circle jerk.

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Again, nowhere in Rush's statement does he say MOVE to Costa Rica.. The caller asks him where he would go for his Healthcare.. since it would presumably no longer be allowed for him to purchase healthcare privately like he does now (He has no insurance).

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good circle jerk.
Wait, Rush Limbaugh had no insurance when he was admitted to the hospital in Hawaii?

Hayabusa Rider

Jan 26, 2000
The thread title is both misleading and incorrect. I'll go on record asking for it to be changed.

It's been done before.

I listened to the clip and Rush clearly states that he'll leave the country, and from the inflection and intonation he meant "leave" as in move, not just go elsewhere for medical care.

I call em like I see em.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
I listened to the clip and Rush clearly states that he'll leave the country, and from the inflection and intonation he meant "leave" as in move, not just go elsewhere for medical care.

I call em like I see em.

No, he doesn't clearly say that. Even the linked article says he doesn't clearly say that. The caller was asking him where he would go for Healthcare. He was responding to that question.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008

I call em like I see em.

Didn't you say you were medicating yourself with narcotics tonight (In another forum). I don't trust your drugged up opinions tonight. :)

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Limbaugh's point: This bill will raise health care costs so much, that not even a rich man like Limbaugh would be able to afford it; so, he'll have to go to Costa Rica to get affordable HC.

NeoV

Diamond Member
Apr 18, 2000
fear - the fact that you actually listen to Rush - it all makes sense now..

sheepboy