Rush called The Boss 'cracker"

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Rush is a crackpot.

A gentle breeze is blowing on me through my kitchen door. It is a beautiful day, like one Jesus felt 2000 years ago. I could, however, be listening to Rush, and feeling all kinds of wonderful and addictive rage. Thank God I can go to Wintergrasp for that.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
Wait, now Rush hates white people too? This is seriously going to effect his re-election campaign.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
lol, mediamatters once again falls for it hook line and sinker. Are you people really that stupid? lol

I just listened to the part they're talking about and Rush was making the point that blacks are NOT held down by "crackers" and used this guy as an example of a "cracker" that fired white guys and made black guys millions of dollars.

He was PRAISING him for being a capitalist and pointing out that capitalism WORKS for black people despite what leftist black leaders want you to believe.

But propaganda never fails to turn that on it's head and try to portray the whole thing as racist and disprespectful. How sad.

cubby1223

Lifer
May 24, 2004
lol, mediamatters once again falls for it hook line and sinker. Are you people really that stupid? lol

ahahahaha!!! That site is such a joke! They're not even trying to be journalistic in their analysis, it's all cheerleading :D

Well, someone is taking that site seriously. I don't know who, though.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
The same people that believe this stuff are going to be all in when we're somberly told that it's necessary to "bail out" the "failing" newspapers. They'll cheer when at first the majority of the stories are yellow journalism like this. They'll be proud when every story is about the accomplishments of the state and how beet production is up for the month.

If it sounds far-fetched to you, do a little minor investigating. The newspaper bailouts are already being discussed. The .gov wants as much control over the media as they can get. I know, hard to believe they could get still more.

Last edited:

Sclamoz

Sep 9, 2009
I just listened to the part they're talking about and Rush was making the point that blacks are NOT held down by "crackers" and used this guy as an example of a "cracker" that fired white guys and made black guys millions of dollars.

He was PRAISING him for being a capitalist and pointing out that capitalism WORKS for black people despite what leftist black leaders want you to believe.

But propaganda never fails to turn that on it's head and try to portray the whole thing as racist and disprespectful. How sad.

That sounds like one hell of a strawman argument.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
WTF... I'm watching the video and MediaMatters completely distorted Rush's statement, that's apparent even from the clip they posted

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
WTF... I'm watching the video and MediaMatters completely distorted Rush's statement, that's apparent even from the clip they posted
Really, why do they have to make shit up, just tell the truth, he still comes off as a fucking asshole. Why even bring up race in the first place by either of the parties.

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

Cracker is derived from slave owners who used to "crack" the whip...incidentally there were black slave owners who cracked too... Is Rush equating firing to owning and beating slaves? He has a weird way of communicating.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Cracker is derived from slave owners who used to "crack" the whip...incidentally there were black slave owners who cracked too... Is Rush equating firing to owning and beating slaves? He has a weird way of communicating.

No, it's not from cracking the whip, that's a myth.

The term always referred to POOR WHITES, similar to "white trash" or "redneck". Rush Limbaugh demonstrated his lack of understanding of American vocabulary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_(pejorative)

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001

The term always referred to POOR WHITES, similar to "white trash" or "redneck". Rush Limbaugh demonstrated his lack of understanding of American vocabulary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_(pejorative)

Your own link disproves your contention
Another theory is that slaver foremen in the antebellum South used bullwhips to discipline African slaves, with such use of the whip being described as 'cracking the whip'. In this folk etymology the white foremen who cracked these whips were thus known as 'crackers'. [4] [5] [6]

An alternate whip-related theory is that the term is linked to early Florida cattle herders (Florida crackers) that traditionally used whips to herd wild Spanish cattle. These cowboys were distinct from the Spanish vaqueros of Florida. The crack of the herders' whips could be heard for great distances when they were used to round cattle in pens and to keep the cows on a given track. Also, "cracker" has historically been used to refer to those engaged in the low paying job of cracking pecans and other nuts in Georgia and throughout the southeast U.S.

Fear No Evil

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2008
Really, why do they have to make shit up, just tell the truth, he still comes off as a fucking asshole. Why even bring up race in the first place by either of the parties.

Because liberals are liars. They can't help themselves. :twisted:

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_%28pejorative%29
Limbaugh was mocking the usage of "cracker" by one King Samir Shabazz. I'll explain who he is for you, because I know you live in a progressive bubble.

King Samir Shabazz is one of the New Black Panthers that was not prosecuted for voter intimidation in the 2008 national elections. He was in a video calling for the killing of whites. He used the term "crackers" to refer to whites. He also called for the killing of "cracker babies".

The entire segment from which Limbaugh was selectively quoted to create an illusion to give progressives a chubber, was a compilation of current events. Those being and among others, the furor over letting off Mr. Shabazz, his use of the word "cracker" in calling for the death of whitey and the death of George Steinbrenner. Mr. Limbaugh was pointing out that progressives and the left hated Steinbrenner because he was a successful capitalist. He pointed out that this evil "cracker" capitalist fired a lot of white guys and made a lot of black guys multi-millionaires in his lifetime.

Caution! The following paragraph is a cut and paste from Rush Limbaugh's site. It is a portion of a transcript of his show this past Tuesday. If reading it causes your head to explode, remember that I warned you.

The reason why these dunces at network television, AP, Yahoo News, everywhere else think I made an original comment when calling George Steinbrenner a cracker also don't know about King Samir Shabazz, New Black Panther voter intimidation case, 2008 Philadelphia, suggesting that white cracker babies be killed. They're not up to speed on Malik Zulu Shabazz, the chairman, grand pooh-bah, whatever, head potentate of the New Black Panther Party referring to crackers constantly. And so unable to place my comments in context, and unwilling to even if they were aware of the context, they create this firestorm which just illustrates what a great show it was yesterday.

Mr.Holmes

Jul 18, 2010
if you listen to Rush and are a 24/7 member you'll know what he said was taken out of context. If you read his transcripts you'll realize how many times certain sentences and statements he makes on his radio are choice words that are publicize by the DRIVE-BY MEDIA without the full and complete statement/quote and topic of conversation.

If you're just a LIP-SERVICE of headlines/media... then you'll end up NOT knowing what the heck your talking about. All his statements and commentaries can be found in the transcript on his website, and if anyone wants to REALLY know the truth of any, and all parts of his broadcasts, the PUBLIC does have access to all topics/statements in their full entirety.

If all you're interested in is being just a LIP-SERVICE, then the TRUTH doesn't really matter, just like the drive-by media.