Rumor: "Opus" Xbox 360 motherboard revision shipping

herkulease

Diamond Member
Jul 6, 2001
Woohoo, I beat Queasy to this. I'm regarding this as rumor until someone actually has it in their hands and puts up photos.

From 8bitjoystick.com:
I've gotten word that the "Opus" Xbox 360 motherboard is now shipping and will be included in the repair and refurbish (RnR) operations at Xbox. This means that folks who have their 1st generation "Xenon" Xbox 360 die on them with the Red Ring of Death (or a Core Digital error as Microsoft internally call it) might get a new motherboard. This is a newer "Falcon" generation chip set with a cooler 65 nm CPU but no HDMI port.

link

jrphoenix

Golden Member
Feb 29, 2004
How do I know if I'll get this or not? My xbox is on it's way back after it's 2nd RROD. It should be arriving at my house tomorrow.

Queasy

Moderator<br>Console Gaming
Aug 24, 2001
Originally posted by: jrphoenix
How do I know if I'll get this or not? My xbox is on it's way back after it's 2nd RROD. It should be arriving at my house tomorrow.

I was going to say 'read the article linked in the OP'...but, it won't load now.

Basically, you'll be able to tell if you get a new power brick that is 175w.

jrphoenix

Golden Member
Feb 29, 2004
Originally posted by: Queasy
Originally posted by: jrphoenix

I was going to say 'read the article linked in the OP'...but, it won't load now.

Basically, you'll be able to tell if you get a new power brick that is 175w.

Cool.. thanks. I thought it wouldn't open because I was at work.... 1/2 the sites I try don't work.