[Rumor] EVGA Partnering With AMD On Vega & Radeon RX 500 cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

amenx

Diamond Member
Dec 17, 2004
Source WCCF ( bitsandchips.it ) citing "private sources". So prerequisite mountain of salt to be taken.

http://wccftech.com/amd-evga-vega/

EVGA Reportedly Mulling A Jump On The AMD Vega Train

This particular rumor from bitsandchips.it, who have cited private sources, claims that the potential is very much real this year. Nvidia’s board partners are said to have raised grievances with the company as a result of its recent channel strategies which haven’t been very kind to them. Nvidia’s recent decisions to exclusively sell the highly profitable Titan X Pascal as well as price reference designed Founder’s Edition cards considerably higher than the base retail MSRP that its board-partners have to contend with have reportedly not sat well with EVGA in particular...

Reactions: Madpacket

Bacon1

Diamond Member
Feb 14, 2016
E V G A

V E G A

Would be great to have EVGA as an option again for video cards. I bought almost all of my Nvidia cards through them.

Reactions: psolord

Yakk

Golden Member
May 28, 2016
Possible, but very unlikely EVGA does this on their own IMHO. Unless nvidia decides to self sell all their hardware and eliminate their AIB partner structure entirely. THAT I could see happening however.

Mar 10, 2006
Possible, but very unlikely EVGA does this on their own IMHO. Unless nvidia decides to self sell all their hardware and eliminate their AIB partner structure entirely. THAT I could see happening however.

NVIDIA is not going to do that.

SPBHM

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2012
XFX was Nvidia only, until they wanted to sell HD 4800s I think, after that Nvidia didn't allow them to release the new high end Geforces (the Fermi I think they were, or the GTX 280?) and they kept selling some older Geforces until they were AMD only.
Asus and a few others can sell both, but

I don't think it would be sane for EVGA to do it; Nvidia is in a real high and they are one of the most recognized partners.

WhoBeDaPlaya

Diamond Member
Sep 15, 2000
No way that's happening, unless the same 3Dfx boneheads are now running the asylum at nVIDIA.

DamZe

May 18, 2016
If they can find the right arrangement with AMD then more power to them! nVIdia's FE strategy was very disrespectufl towards their AIB partners and while I know nVidia doesn't care it would be kind or ironic if they end up like 3DFX having no AIB partners because they made all the wrong decisions.

Piroko

Jan 10, 2013
Aside from this probably being false -

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a market consolidation in the next two years, with one or more brands disappearing. There are simply too many SKUs and brands in the major markets right now and new brands like Manli trying to enter it too.

tviceman

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2008
www.facebook.com
Maybe with the new ICX coolers, but I wouldn't touch one of their Pascal cards with ACX coolers. They are a great company that made a sizable mistake.

Not all EVGA cards with ACX coolers were affected. Only the cards with custom PCB's had the VRMs running hot and EVGA issued a fix for current owners and corrected the issue at production. EVGA has a pretty good warranty too.

I have ACX 1070 SC and while it's not as good a cooler as MSI's twin frozr, it's capable and using a reference PCB gets better perf/w than custom AIB PCBs.

Mezzanine

Feb 13, 2006
Good to see EVGA denying this and thus keeping their standards high.

Knock it off.
-- stahlhart

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
Why anyone continues to post anything from WCCF is beyond me.
It is pretty obvious that this "story" was false.

That site is just clickbait, and people are still falling for it. :(

Mar 10, 2006
Why anyone continues to post anything from WCCF is beyond me.
It is pretty obvious that this "story" was false.

That site is just clickbait, and people are still falling for it. :(

WCCFTech is just parroting the initial rumor which came from Bits and Chips.

Status
Not open for further replies.