Rudy Giuliani for president

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

imported_Lothar

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2006
Originally posted by: hellokeith
If Hillary gets the Dem nomination, she'll win the election (barring a freak self implosion), because the Republicans have abandoned their core conservative values. People would rather have a real way-on-the-left Democrat (though Hillary tries to paint herself as moderate) than a fake Republican (McCain, Giuliani).

Not to say I want Hillary to win, just that the "enemy you know" plus Clinton name recognition will be a hard match for the Republicans. Condi might could beat Hillary, but I don't think she's interested.

I seriously doubt that...
She can't beat Obama either IMO.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: pauldovi
Originally posted by: kedlav
Originally posted by: pauldovi
There is only 1 thing that would be worse than Hillary Clinton winning the White House... and that would be John Edwards winning.

Love him or hate him, President Bush has gone nearly 2000 days without a terrorist attack on the United States, the economy is strong (some would disagree, but they are refuting the facts), and the gun laws have been repealed. Sure President Bush (and Congress) have screwed up Iraq, they didn't do anything illegal or morally wrong. They just got it wrong in terms of post-war occupation (and pre-war intelligence). A lot of people hate President Bush. They claim that Halliburton is rolling in the doe (they made less than 1.5% profit in Iraq), the market is in recession (its not), and government spendings are in a deficit (that happens in all wars). He has also maintained a strong character in the face of some real jerks. Sure he has pretty much ignored a lot of important issues like illegal immigration, trust me, I don't think he is the best President ever. However, I do respect him for his accomplishments. I don't think anyone sain would call him the greatest President, but you are also a little off the end (or a lot) if you claim he has committed war crimes and should be impeached.

I think our country needs someone who will be strong (like President Bush) on foreign threats and someone who will address the issues at home. For that, I really like Tom Tancredo (http://www.teamtancredo.com/letter.php). John McCain is also a better prospect than many on the left. Couple them with a moderate running mate like Joe Lieberman, Newt Gringridge (or even Rudolf Giuliani) and they would have it made. God I wish Collen Powell would run....

>>>>>>.<<<<<<

-The economy is entirely debt financed, passing the burden onto the next generation, which is already burdened with baby-boomer retirement. Additionally, while the numbers are excellent in many respects, we are also seeing a significantly depreciating dollar, middle class real wage drops, and the most ridiculous national debt in the history of the country.

-Didn't do anything illegal or morally wrong? Meh, I guess bypassing FISA courts, fudging intelligence reports on Iraq, and Guantanamo Bay are all Grade A, USDA approved moral acts.

-Oil company profits are at record highs. CEO pay is at record highs, etc., yet the Real Wage for the Middle Class is dropping and we've more Americans than in any time since the Depression qualifying for fitting into the poor definition.

-Strong character? The man flip-flops very frequently, possibly even more than John Kerry. In addition, it even leaks out he couldn't give a damn about a significant base of his supporters and that he makes fun of them behind closed doors.

Meh, who cares about the truth when there's Faux News and Darth Cheney there to tell you everything's just fine...

Last time I checked we lived in a capitalist economy. Are the oil companies committing a crime because they are making a lot of money? Should we cap CEO's salaries. Why don't we just elect Mao?

I hear all this bad stuff about the middle class and all. Yet I really don't experience it anywhere around me. why? My family is middle class and their wages are increasing. My friends are middle class, and their wages are rising. I guess we must live in a anomaly.

What has President Bush flip-flopped on?

Iraq had weapons of mass destruction (they need to ban that phrase). That is pretty clear, they used them on there people. How many did they have? Well, I don't think we will ever know. They are probably all spread across the middle east now. Sure the intelligence estimates were wrong. However, I do not believe that they were intentionally screwed up by President Bush any high level official. I truly believe that President Bush believed those intelligence reports were accurate and that he was doing the best for his country. He was wrong, sure. But I don't believe he wasn't lying. I specify "believe" in my argument because there is no way to "know" the motives of the people in power.

Finally, what is with people and attacking Fox News? If they are such a horrible news source then you wouldn't bother mentioning them. But you do. And they have significantly higher viewers and rating than the other news shows. Why do you think that is? Why do you think news papers, and television networks that take left hand turns have declines in popularity? Maybe because people want to see a moderate and traditionalist view side to things? Note I did not say conservative.... While FOX may have a large number of conservative employees, there agenda is to appeal to the majority of Americans, who are traditionalist. Read some facts, Fox News does lean to the right, but their displacement is not more than CNN is to the left...

I weep for our future.

Oh, and I would never vote for Rudy. His personal life is screwy. :p

sierrita

Mar 24, 2002
Originally posted by: palehorse74
Originally posted by: nullzero
What are Giulianis views on Iraq? because I havent heard a thing maybe because he has no plan.
If that were true, he'd be a better fit for the Democrat party...

This after your rant about "lemmings" voting strictly on party lines.

Flip-Flop.

:roll:

By the way, it's called The Democratic Party, not "Democrat" party.

You seem to have the same learning disability as Poofy-J and CAD.

:laugh:

imported_Lothar

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2006
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
Originally posted by: nullzero
No I wouldnt even think of voting him in... seems like the same figurehead guy you would love to go fishing with... reminds me to much of Bush espically when you bring his party into it. Its like Bush 2.0 9/11 strong leader against terror etc. etc. but when it comes down to running the country we need someone smart and with lots of experience not another nice guy. If Giuliani is the best guy the republicans can put foward they are in trouble. If they really wanted to win they need a canidate with strong military experience like a general, strong leadership, fiscal responsibility, straight foward and smart, and moderate views.
Could you please list one Democrat and one Republican who meet the above list?

Chuck Hagel.