Ruby Rose claims they was fired from Batwoman.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Ruby Rose is very difficult and not worth the trouble.

Also Batwoman sucks anyway. And I dont believe they was bullied. I believe they was obnoxious to work with and got themself fired after too many confrontations. Which seems to be a problem with overly woke people in the entertainment industry these days.

There, thats all. Thats as conservative as I can get before I barf.

This bigoted posting has no place on our forums.

esquared
Anandtech Forum Director

Last edited:

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
it?

also, CW is still around? that to me is more surprising than one of there series being bad.

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
OMFG that show gets a 3.4 imdb user rating. That is the lowest rating for a TV show I've ever seen. Just cancel it and spare us all.

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005
Herm are you getting woke?

not a chance. but i don't give a shit what you want to be called or what you want to be for that matter. if you want to be called a purple people eater, just let me know, im down. they? sure. whatever.

i'm a libertarian and I think you should call people whatever they want, its their life for fucks sake. only cowards call others by another name just for a reaction.

ondma

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2018
We need a gender neutral singular pronoun. Someone calling themselves "they" sounds like a split personality.

Reactions: Zorba

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
We need a gender neutral singular pronoun. Someone calling themselves "they" sounds like a split personality.

That's what I was thinking too. Using a plural tense to denote a singular person feels dumb. Think I prefer to use actual names, avoid the whole issue. If that triggers someone, oh well. I'll file it with the outrage from self described christians who become enraged when I don't mimic their vocubulary and favored terms for themselves.

Zorba

Lifer
Oct 22, 1999
I agree, I really don't like the they/them. But that doesn't mean you should use "it."

English needs pronoun work that is how HeX and SheX, so you can refer to multiple hes or shes without reverting to names. Also need a generic singular like XeX or something.

(The X would be something to denote a number, He1, He2, etc.)

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
People have tried neopronouns... you think "they" triggers people, look how they react to neopronouns (xe/xir), and they've existed since the 70s. They might eventually gain ground, I dunno.

Reactions: pmv

SMOGZINN

Lifer
Jun 17, 2005
Using a plural tense to denote a singular person feels dumb.

That is your prejudice showing. As has already been pointed out 'they' is already singular.
If you asked where my friend went you would not consider it weird if I answered 'They went to the store'. You also would not think that we were talking about multiple people. If I was talking about multiple people I would probably use a qualifier with 'they' to make it plural. They all went to the store.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
That is your prejudice showing. As has already been pointed out 'they' is already singular.
If you asked where my friend went you would not consider it weird if I answered 'They went to the store'. You also would not think that we were talking about multiple people. If I was talking about multiple people I would probably use a qualifier with 'they' to make it plural. They all went to the store.
How do you point out a single person in a crowd with "they"??

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
How do you point out a single person in a crowd with "they"??

They're over there.
Right by the mashed potatoes.
They just stuck their dick in the mashed potatoes.

I had a bit of a awkward face reading the OP's article with the they all over the place but I'm also middle aged and still type hunt and peck style.
And my writing sucks
(proof by original their typo)

Last edited:
Reactions: ch33zw1z and dank69

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
I kinda look at the whole they thing as this....
"Rose pointed out that they couldn't figure out how muppets became so popular"
vs
"Rose pointed out that she couldn't figure out how muppets became so popular"
vs
"Rose pointed out that Rose couldn't figure out how muppets became so popular"

I'm pretty laid back so as far as I'm concerned the important take away is that Rose didn't like the muppet show.

All words are made up.
All grammar is made up.
It's constantly changing.
I generally suck at words and grammar so I have no skin in this game

Reactions: herm0016

Sunburn74

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2009
I find it generally easier to not use pronouns and just use the person's name every time. It works and won't get you in trouble.

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
I find it generally easier to not use pronouns and just use the person's name every time. It works and won't get you in trouble.

I spoke to Mark the other day and Mark said that Mark doesn't enjoy talking to me because Mark finds it confusing when I keep using everyone's first name like that.
I then told Mark that Mark should try the mashed potatoes.
That and to shut the fuck up Mark and stop correcting my grammar, Mark.

(I think I'm going to have some fun with this later with the family. Going to try this in real conversations later. Kinda fun)

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
I spoke to Mark the other day and Mark said that Mark doesn't enjoy talking to me because Mark finds it confusing when I keep using everyone's first name like that.
I then told Mark that Mark should try the mashed potatoes.
That and to shut the fuck up Mark and stop correcting my grammar, Mark.

(I think I'm going to have some fun with this later with the family. Going to try this in real conversations later. Kinda fun)
Is this before or after the dick was stuck in the mashed potatoes? You go to some interesting parties :D

• Haha
Reactions: soulcougher73

woolfe9998

Lifer
Apr 8, 2013
"It" is demeaning. I can think of only one person who deserves that pronoun, and it isn't transgender or non-binary.

That said, "they" as a singular is colloquial. I use "he or she" and never use they in a singular sense, and that was long before anyone ever asked to be called "they."

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
It seems to me getting bad ratings goes hand in hand with having bad working conditions. They feed off each other until they eat each other out of existence.

edit - Personal agendas and the over-inflated egos that drive them really come into play the worse things get. It's when the gloves come off and the knives get drawn and all the acid gets thrown about on set.

herm0016

Diamond Member
Feb 26, 2005

honestly, that's not a terrible strategy

and things can be worded well either way.

I told mark to try the mashers after the cockfest. etc.

@brycejones I am guessing it took a lot of self control to like a post by me.