RTX voice.

maddogmcgee

Apr 20, 2015
This looks super impressive. As someone who works from home some of the time and has a young son and two yappy dogs it could be very worthwhile............ The cheapest RTX card is the 1060 and about 600 AUD, plus this seems like a really bad time to upgrade at the moment. I was looking at a cheap 1030 to be my 'audio' video card while my 580 runs the graphics. Has anyone tested RTX voice on cheap cards like this? How did they go? I am worried they might not have the cuda cores to do the processing properly?

maddogmcgee

Apr 20, 2015
Yeah I saw that. Gamers Nexus video also found that older cards did not produce the same quality. Makes me think it needs a decent number of Cuda cores

Feb 4, 2009
Been thinking about installing this for my 1660ti, I know I need to use the work around.
Anyone done it here and does using a non supported card use a ton of resources?

Dribble

Platinum Member
Aug 9, 2005
Yeah I saw that. Gamers Nexus video also found that older cards did not produce the same quality. Makes me think it needs a decent number of Cuda cores
It's meant to be using the tensor cores as it's "AI" and none of the older cards have tensor cores. Think I would disable it while gaming as it has a performance hit and noise isn't that much of an issue. However would be great for the frequent zoom chats we are having these days, particularly as it's meant too not just cut out your noise, but cut out incoming noise too so don't have to listen to the background noise in other peoples houses either.

Reactions: maddogmcgee

Deegan000

Jun 18, 2020
I just got a RTX 2070 super today. Im gonna give this a whirl and see how good it is. My kids will for sure barge in at some point and make noise.

maddogmcgee

Apr 20, 2015
Did you get it working enough to trial it with a decent amount of background noise?

Justinus

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2005
I've been using it on my 1080ti for Slack calls and it's been fantastic. I've been able to use my shit Logitech webcam microphone with excellent results with regards to noise cancellation.

I have a portable air conditioner that is only 4 feet away from me and it can cancel the noise from it out practically entirely.

I have noticed if I turn the noise cancellation up too high (above 75-80%) it can get a bit choppy or distorted with the high level of background noise the air conditioner makes.

I do not have any Turing cards to compare my results against, unfortunately. Despite that, I am very pleased with the results. I'd be happier with it overall if it didn't silently crash or stop processing occasionally, requiring a restart of the program.

Justinus

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 2005
I just got a RTX 2070 super today. Im gonna give this a whirl and see how good it is. My kids will for sure barge in at some point and make noise.

Unfortunately I have noticed that non-verbal human sounds are not cancelled out. If I sigh, make mouth smacking noises, etc. they are allowed through. I don't think it will work well to cancel out children.

If you combine it with a quality cardioid microphone it would probably do a decent job.

It seems like they really did the training for ambient noise and keyboard sounds, at least for this beta. I would assume the final release version will be trained for more undesired noise and probably will continue to improve over time.