RTX Titan since release

martman

Dec 10, 2005
As some time has passed since the release of the RTX Titan, and the butthurt folks with dusty billfolds or team red fanboys have quietened down some, what now are the thoughts on it?
Is 1 Titan as good as or better than SLI 2080TIs given the extra ram and other goodies on it for 4k gaming? possibly even SLI Titans?
4k being the deal here.
Large format at that..at least what I now have..32in Benq 4k.Thinking about going larger after this build in a few months.
I am about to start a new build and (please don't take this as bragging..I am just saying..) money is no barrier.

Thanks for your input and please don't comment if you just want to put me down for wanting the best.

Reactions: Thor86

njdevilsfan87

Platinum Member
Apr 19, 2007
From someone who owns a more expensive V, the RTX Titan may be the worst Titan ever released. If you buy that card you're either gaming, training neural networks, or rendering. Maybe only in the latter case is the extra VRAM useful, otherwise aftermarket 2080 Ti will perform the same due to their ability to hold higher clocks.

alcoholbob

Diamond Member
May 24, 2005
It's the fastest card you can buy short of dropping $4000 on a Titan V CEO Edition.

1 Titan RTX is sometimes up to 15% faster than the 2080 Ti but most of the time is about 5-7% faster.

It's definitely not worth it for gaming...but for productivity work it might be.

Qwertilot

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2013
Yes, it simply isn't a gaming card in any meaningful sense. They enabled a few productivity/ML things that will presumably be very useful for the right people.
(Check the review on the main site.).

The 'Gaming Titan' is the 2080ti. Same price point etc.

martman

Dec 10, 2005
Thanks folks...thanks for taking the time to try and help me. I will take your opinions into consideration.