Question RTX 3090Ti owners club thread

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I haven't seen an owners club thread for this card yet, so I figured I'd do you guys a solid and make a thread for the owners of the top dog GPU. Let's demonstrate our support for Nvidia by showing them how many of us show up to this thread to talk about our 3090Tis. The price is reasonable for the only card that matters to real PC enthusiasts, so let's get crackin.

Reactions: CP5670

n0x1ous

Platinum Member
Sep 9, 2010
I haven't seen an owners club thread for this card yet, so I figured I'd do you guys a solid and make a thread for the owners of the top dog GPU. Let's demonstrate our support for Nvidia by showing them how many of us show up to this thread to talk about our 3090Tis. The price is reasonable for the only card that matters to real PC enthusiasts, so let's get crackin.

There's nothing like classic @moonbogg sarcasm in the morning to start the day off right. But seriously, fun card but obviously terrible value. Had mine for 3 weeks and it started artifacting last night while playing Quake Champions at stock settings. FE is obviously from Best Buy and they wont have a card on hand to exchange so have to order another then return this one when new one comes in.....Ugh. Better than shipping back to Nvidia I suppose.

The VRAM temps are fixed on this one compared to 3090FE. 3090FE would usually be in the 105C range when under full load, whereas the Ti is usually 90C or below. It can't just be that there is no memory on the back of the card either since my 3080FE's also have very high VRAM temps. They must have changed the pads or something.

Last edited:

KentState

Diamond Member
Oct 19, 2001
The Ti like the AMD 6x50 cards are just launching too close to the next gen cards. Should have come out with the 3080 Ti last fall to make a more enticing purchase. Personally, I just felt burnt out from the long wait for water blocks for the other cards that I can't see spending another 2-3 months trying to incorporate a 3090 Ti into my build just to rip it all apart for either Raphael or Raptor Lake + Lovelace.

Reactions: n0x1ous

Dannar26

Mar 13, 2012
I see you have moved on from your other thread, where you voiced near-heretical opinions about not needing to upgrade your GPU.

However, I must once again point out your brand myopic ways, and insist on celebrating another pro-consumer choice by venerated team red.

The world must know the joys of the 6750xt and 6950xt! Within margin of error gains for even MORE money!! AMD goes even further to do us another solid by discontinuing the 6800, and the 6800xt! Now nobody has to feel left out by not being able to buy the best price to performance card of this cursed generation!

• Haha
Reactions: moonbogg

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
i'll come back when this thread changes to 4090Ti...
I just refuse to buy a 3090ti, when the 4090's are not too far away, and with todays crashing crypto market, inflation and no EDD i suspect, not a lot of scalpers will be able to sell off a 2600 dollar GPU, after scalping inflation.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
i'll come back when this thread changes to 4090Ti...
I just refuse to buy a 3090ti, when the 4090's are not too far away, and with todays crashing crypto market, inflation and no EDD i suspect, not a lot of scalpers will be able to sell off a 2600 dollar GPU, after scalping inflation.

Yes, now watch the 4090 cost $2000+ and marvel at the mystery of how legions of broke ass gamers manage to gobble them up in a microsecond.

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Yes, now watch the 4090 cost $2000+ and marvel at the mystery of how legions of broke ass gamers manage to gobble them up in a microsecond.

dont think this will happen looking at the 3090ti launch.
It feel below MSRP because no one wanted to get one / could afford one.

A 2000 dollar gpu makes no sense almost unless your a developer or Etherium is paying out very well.

Since the later is tanking, along with all of bitcoin, and even Jensen admiting he lost LHR and GPU prices will tank soon.

I dont see the scalpers getting into this segment.
Instead they will try to clean out the entire 3060ti -> 3080 if possible as those are more within range of mid high to high low end gamers along with the non seasonal miners who will mine until crypto implodes on itself entirely and fades away like a micro black hole.

Reactions: moonbogg

jpiniero

Lifer
Oct 1, 2010

Price is currently $1999. Maybe it was just a sale?

Also the 3090 is mainly going for about $1699, and the 3090 Ti really isn't much faster than it. That won't be the case with the 4090 compared to what's available then.

moonbogg

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011

A 2000 dollar gpu makes no sense almost unless your a developer or Etherium is paying out very well.

Since the later is tanking, along with all of bitcoin, and even Jensen admiting he lost LHR and GPU prices will tank soon.

I dont see the scalpers getting into this segment.
Instead they will try to clean out the entire 3060ti -> 3080 if possible as those are more within range of mid high to high low end gamers along with the non seasonal miners who will mine until crypto implodes on itself entirely and fades away like a micro black hole.

I enjoyed reading your response. Regarding the 4090, I've read somewhere they might release that first and by itself. If they do that and it's substantially faster than a 3090, then I think they can charge $3000+ and it will just sell out instantly and stay gone until the 4080 gets closer to release. They've had 3-$5000 gaming GPUs before with the dual GPU Titan Z and some other Titan was $5000. When people see that huge performance increase, it does something to their brain that forces it into irrational override mode. It's a combination of the hype, the FOMO, and just the addictive upgrade cycle coming on strong; they want their fix. If a 3090Ti is $2000+ coming at the end of the generation, and they've been selling, then a $3000+ 4090 would sell out easy IMO. Anyone who was willing to spend $2500 on an AIB 3090Ti will certainly spend more on a 4090, perhaps twice as much? Maybe more?
People will go to great lengths to buy these things, and I'm afraid the truth of it is actually quite ugly at times. I watched a video of a guy talking about his friend in India or something who wanted a 3070 during the inflated crypto market. He was in college and lied to his parents and told them he needed it for school. His parents love him and want nothing more than for him to succeed, but they couldn't afford it. So, his parents sold some valuable family items to get the money and they bought it for him. Similar ugliness takes place in different stories all the time that no one would dare share about. I bet there are people who blew their inheritance or college fund on a crypto farm. I'm sure there are people who borrowed on their house to buy mining GPUs. Somewhere the wife of a cryptobro is sobbing in despair because her cryptohubby took out a huge loan and can't make the money back. Some of those people lost it all and I've read the headlines about some cryptobros actually killing themselves when they realized they will never mine that money back. Now I'm not judging these people, but instead recognizing that Nvidia factors people's vulnerabilities into their pricing and they take full advantage of it.
The price of these products extends well beyond the nature of the product and it's intrinsic value based on what it does. The price falls within the zone of addiction and vulnerability of human psychology.

This is me right now. I'm here to help.
JvTVqOD.jpg

Last edited:

VirtualLarry

No Lifer
Aug 25, 2001
People will go to great lengths to buy these things, and I'm afraid the truth of it is actually quite ugly at times. I watched a video of a guy talking about his friend in India or something who wanted a 3070 during the inflated crypto market. He was in college and lied to his parents and told them he needed it for school. His parents love him and want nothing more than for him to succeed, but they couldn't afford it. So, his parents sold some valuable family items to get the money and they bought it for him. Similar ugliness takes place in different stories all the time that no one would dare share about. I bet there are people who blew their inheritance or college fund on a crypto farm. I'm sure there are people who borrowed on their house to buy mining GPUs. Somewhere the wife of a cryptobro is sobbing in despair because her cryptohubby took out a huge loan and can't make the money back. Some of those people lost it all and I've read the headlines about some cryptobros actually killing themselves when they realized they will never mine that money back. Now I'm not judging these people, but instead recognizing that Nvidia factors people's vulnerabilities into their pricing and they take full advantage of it.
The price of these products extends well beyond the nature of the product and it's intrinsic value based on what it does. The price falls within the zone of addiction and vulnerability of human psychology.
TRUTH!!!

Reactions: Makaveli