Article RTX 3080 Low Usage

Fate007

Dec 27, 2020
Hello guys,

I just got the Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 Master and i cant seem to get upove 90% GPU usage in most tier-A games like Warzone, Apex legends and Death Stranding, which means i am not getting the framerates that i am expecting.

For example on Warzone on 1080p Res i should be getting 190+ fps although i am getting an average of 150 fps.

I tried every solution online and i cant get my GPU usage upove 80% average.

My gpu is not getting too warm or anything i am getting 62°C max.

P.s. this is not just a warzone problem, i am getting this problem with all games.

Here are my other cpu specs:

ASUS ROG Strix Z490-H

Intel Core i9-10900K

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz

ASUS ROG-Thor-850P 852 Watt 80Plus Platinum
i have attached a foto with my pc stats while playing GTA V online.

I could really appreaciate the help

Attachments

• Unbenannt.PNG
    Unbenannt.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 15

hardcore_gamer29

Jul 24, 2013
Hello guys,

I just got the Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 Master and i cant seem to get upove 90% GPU usage in most tier-A games like Warzone, Apex legends and Death Stranding, which means i am not getting the framerates that i am expecting.

For example on Warzone on 1080p Res i should be getting 190+ fps although i am getting an average of 150 fps.

I tried every solution online and i cant get my GPU usage upove 80% average.

My gpu is not getting too warm or anything i am getting 62°C max.

P.s. this is not just a warzone problem, i am getting this problem with all games.

Here are my other cpu specs:

ASUS ROG Strix Z490-H

Intel Core i9-10900K

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 3600MHz

ASUS ROG-Thor-850P 852 Watt 80Plus Platinum
i have attached a foto with my pc stats while playing GTA V online.

I could really appreaciate the help
hey it is off topic but can you help me with that .1 and 1% low i also enable both of them but they dont show up in game i use msi afterburner with hwinfo

ZGR

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2012
You sure you aren't CPU limited in these scenarios?

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
it doesn't even matter, the OP is debugging completely wrong.
You can't compare FPS from system 1 to system 2 as there are way too many variables.
You can't compare old updated game software vs new updated software even if its the same game, as the updates can do something.
Lastly, you can NEVER COMPARE NVIDIA DRIVER 1 vs DRIVER 2 as NVIDIA always breaks their drivers for older games, unless you are testing for driver performance by itself and not hardware on the SAME hardware.

Too many variables the OP has not listed, all he is stating is loss of FPS without any substantial data on why.
Also the fact he's running DX11 i guess to get old ray tracing in, also makes debugging very difficult, because a 3000 series videocard really should not be run at dx11.

maluckey1

Mar 15, 2018
OP,

You have too many variables and not nearly enough information for anyone to make more than the obvious guess (thermals, etc).

Try this:

--Run Furmark and see if the card has thermal issues (no, it won't blow up your card, but it will stress power delivery and thermals)
--Run OCCT Small FFT test to see if the CPU is thermal throttling (yes, it WILL get very HOT)
--Run "OCCT "Power" test in OCCT to see if PSU, GPU and CPU can play nice together (Yes, it is more stress than any game)

If any of these fail, you have issues that you need to sort out.

M