RPG loot games...

JTDSR

Mar 16, 2012
Other than Torchlight, PoE, Diablo 3, Grim Dawn, etc....Are there any other RPG loot style games that I am missing? I believe I have played them all, but am curious if there is something else I can try before I go back to one of these titles. Thank you in advance for your input. Appreciated.

Borealis7

Platinum Member
Oct 19, 2006
Borderlands series, the most popular shooter-looters out there. Dungeon siege 2 from many years ago was also very fun to play.
and also WarFrame, although i haven't played that one.

rivethead

Platinum Member
Jan 16, 2005
Sacred 2 Gold

Divine Divinity

I know I'm going a bit old school, but I enjoyed both of those.

Worthington

Golden Member
Apr 29, 2005
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing were pretty fun for their time. They were a Diable-esque clone.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
All the others I like have already been mentioned, except I will say Dungeon Siege 1 has been and probably always will be my favorite. Its far from perfect, but still has better gameplay than most others.
I tried getting into Warhammer Inquisitor Martyr, but its more pretty than playable.

One long ago I played a decent looter made up of robots which could be upgraded, usually with parts you got from blasting other robots. Cannot recall the name.

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
Theres a new one on steam, and it looks pretty good:

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wolcen (still early access but I've heard great things about this game - slow development cycles though): https://store.steampowered.com/app/424370/Wolcen_Lords_of_Mayhem/
Chronicon (very fast-paced RPG dungeon crawler with tons of stuff to find. Heavily inspired by D2 and PoE): https://store.steampowered.com/app/375480/Chronicon/
Cat Quest 1&2 (Easy games that you can 100% in about 8 hours but they are ridiculously addictive - catch them on sale): https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/12085/Cat_Quest__Cat_Quest_II_Bundle/

mopardude87

Diamond Member
Oct 22, 2018
Wizard101 is a mmorpg that has loot dropped by bosses. Warning though you can only level up to like 8 out of currently 130 before you run into a paywall that could technically be unlocked for free but at a super slow rate.Could get their monthly membership to unlock all areas or land a sale on a year package with in game currency called crowns for goodies in game. Pretty family friendly too with parental locks and stuff assuming there's a chance kids may be playing.

I like it even though their recent activity has been scratching my head. Like top level gear sets take a tremendous amount of time to craft as where previous bosses just dropped the gear. So much time to farm if you got max wizards you could sit farming a entire weekend like i did on double reagent weekend where it drops twice as much per fight and still have barely enough for maybe 2 of a possibly 7 wizards.

A couple of the items certainly fall in the pay to win category but optional of course. Overall a good game still and i have been playing casually for the last 5 years and find it still fun even if some things you do are extremely time consuming. Will keep you busy for sure between questing,crafting, farming for spells or farming for gear and reagents to craft gear and spells too.