Roy Jones Jr... WOW

areohbe

Banned
Oct 14, 2001
OK so i just saw the highlights from his fight this evening on Sportscenter, and all i have to say is WOW. he finished his opponent off by putting his hands behind his back, taunting his opponent to hit him, then he CRACKS him right in the jaw with a super hard right that drops him. I'm telling you, i'm more impressed every time i see Roy jones Jr. fight. Looks like his next fight is going to be against Bernard Hopkins. They were talking smack to each other today... looks like it could be a good one

badluck

Diamond Member
Feb 19, 2001
he might be good but nobody would ever know....he hasn't fought ANYBODY!!!!

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
I think Roy is a bum. He's fought no one. Period. The guy he fought tonight is a sanitation worker. The last guy before him was a truck driver. The guy before that, a liquor store clerk. He makes excuses why he won't move up or down in weight to fight anyone. Now he's crying about a 60/40 split. If he fights X at 168 he'll get his @ss kicked. And he knows it. Thats why he's making excuses. Whats a shame is people consider this guy great. Blah. Plus he's an arrogant and ignorant clown as well. He truly does fit in well with the rap scene today. I am so sick of hearing Roy whine like a little girl. He should put a dress on. Because at 168 he'll be Hopkins' you know what for that night. Roy Jones, ha, what a laugh.

y2kc

Platinum Member
Sep 2, 2000
I'm no Roy Jones fan but I think that if BH fought him again, Roy Jones would again knock his a$$ out. I want to see RJ fight the German (Dariusz Michalczewsk, 44-0, hard as a rock)

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
i think roy jones would give hopkins a good spanking. he prolly won't knock him out (being tito couldn't knock him out), but he'll put a few lumps on him and get the decision. roy hasn't really been knocking anyone out these days. i dunno if he's weak, or just doesn't have the heart of a real boxer. but he's fuggin' fast!

RudeBoie

Platinum Member
Feb 28, 2000
The consensus on Jones is that he's the best lb for lb fighter out there. Problem is, there's no one really good in his division to fight. Whether he wants to move up or down, hey, if you're optimal at one weight, stay there. If you can put on 15 lbs and move up 2 divisions without losing a beat, then do so.

GagHalfrunt

Lifer
Apr 19, 2001
I used to admire Roy Jones Jr. in the early days. When he first turned pro he was the complete package and just pounded anyone that stood in front of him. But then he started believing his own hype and started the showboating against 4th rate opponents. He has not turned in a really inpressive win over a quality opponent in at least 5 or 6 years. He looked great last night, but anyone can look pretty good against a plodding zombie that throws 10 punches a round and lands one. And toss that whole "pound for pound the best fighter in the world" BS out the window. That's a media induced fantasy that really means "This bum has not fought anyone with skills, so we can't judge how good he is". Sugar Shane Moseley had that title wrapped up until he got the snot beat out of him by the only good fighter he faced in 3 years. Vernon Forest made him look like Gerry Cooney. I'll start believing in Roy Jones Jr. again when he actually manages to go out and look good against a fighter rather than a defenseless target like Glen Kelly.