Router SSID shows as HP Printer Pro 8620

EdHerVA

Oct 5, 2014
Can not connect to the Internet via WiFi on Dell Laptop. The SSID for the router keeps showing as the printer's SSID when I look in the Internet Connections- Settings. I have tried everything. Removed the printer and reinstalled. WiFi router names shows in the list of WiFis in the vicinity but can never connect to the laptop although it attempts to. My iPhone connects wirelessly to the Router's SSID which it correctly sees with no problems. However, the Dell Laptop just can not do it. I am using an AT&T DSL modem BTW.

How do I change the Internet Access SSID to the router and get rid of the Printer's SSID in the Network Connections?

Thanks,

Ed

JackMDS

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 25, 1999
I do not think that it is an issue of a name. It seems that your computer insist to pair with the Printer and does not see, or ignore the Router's Wireless Access point.

Why? i do not know because there is "verbal complain" and No Technical Network related info.

:cool:

bfun_x1

May 29, 2015
Go into managed networks and forget all the networks. It's possible your security key got jacked up and the laptop will continue to try and fail to connect to the router with a bad key.