Rosewill Blackbone Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case $35 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjmIII

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2001
Rosewill Blackbone Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

$34.99 shipped at NE sister site Chiefvalue http://www.chiefvalue.com/product-_-productdetails.cv_-_item--CE00157596010060

$4 off orders $90+
$8 off orders $170+
$12 off orders $260+
$15 off orders $340+
with Coupon Code: CFJNEITFC42 (Exp 6/24).

_______________________________________________________________________________________-

old deal

With Promo Code: EMCKDJF36

@ Newegg

$36.99 with no rebates and free shipping... seems like a good deal

Last edited:

Vincent

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
I bought one Rosewill case and it had really flimsy side panels. This one might be ok, but I was not happy with the one I bought.

cubeless

Diamond Member
Sep 17, 2001
I bought one Rosewill case and it had really flimsy side panels. This one might be ok, but I was not happy with the one I bought.

wouldn't take a crossbow bolt or something? how tuff do they need to be?

Karaktu

Moderator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Apr 24, 2002
These are good cases. The 4 USB ports and eSATA at the top is very useful and makes sense for those that put their case on the floor.

SparkyJJO

Lifer
May 16, 2002
Rosewill cases are hit and miss. Some are flimsier than a postcard. Others are relatively solid.

I'm not sure which ones are good anymore.

MadScientist

Platinum Member
Jul 15, 2001
I ordered the Blackbone case on Monday from CV and got it today. From CA to WV by UPS and not a dent in the box. Amazing. It's still $34.99 shipped from CV.

I'm using this for an HTPC build for my neighbor. It's definitely worth $35.

Pros: Comes with 2-120mm fans, tool less installation, ample amount of drive bays, 4 front USB ports, audio, and e-SATA ports, room in back of MB to route cables, meshed front panel has foam filters. No problems installing PSU, MB, and components.

Cons: Side panels do have some flex but the case is sturdy when assembled. Tool less drive locks work well to secure drives but I don't trust them for DVD drives. I also used a few screws. MB cables are too long but you can hide the excess behind the MB. No filter on the front fan. The front fan is on the outside of the case behind the bezel so air flow is restricted by the case holes. The manual is very basic. Case is only 7.28" wide so larger heat sinks will not fit.

Not in the manual:
The front bezel is connected to the case by 6 metal compression posts. It comes off easily by gently pulling it forward. The slot panels can be removed by gently pushing the small plastic tab on each side outward and then pushing the panel out.

Thanks OP for the post. I usually buy most of my stuff from NE but always check CV since they are sometimes cheaper.

Last edited:

Executioner

Oct 24, 1999
I just received mine last week, and to me they are decent cases for the price, and you get 2 case fans to boot. Screw-less drive bays, and a nice front panel access at the top of the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.