Rosetta: More troubles

OhioDude

Diamond Member
Apr 23, 2001
This is the third system in my fleet to choke since 5.07 was released. This machine has run fine since 12/18/2005. Nearly 18,000 credits.

rosetta_5.07_windows_intelx86.exe - Application Error : The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142)

Celery-II 800 MHz - 256MB RAM - Windows 2000 Professional. (I know, the RAM doesn't meet Berkeley's "minimum". It ran fine for months...)

Nothing changed on this machine since it started running R@H in December.

Completely uninstalled and reinstalled BOINC - .Net - the whole shot.

/me is becoming discouraged... :(

networkman

Lifer
Apr 23, 2000
Don't fret too much.. the uFluids project isn't faring much better as of late. Numerous problems with servers not responding as well as computational errors on the clients. :frown:

amdxborg

Diamond Member
Aug 27, 2002
OD, if it's so discouraging and making dc feel like effort, just change projects, that's what I do, if a project isn't up to standard and they can't solve problems coming for a long time, then they don't deserve my cpu power and sweat. This might sound harsh, but I put way to much into this just to keep it going and probs like that are just way unnecessary!

BlackMountainCow

Diamond Member
May 28, 2003
Yip, I agree with Johan. If you just have a small home fleet like I do, it's no prob to check a PC three times a day and watch for bad WUs. But you big players with corporate fleets just have to be able to rely on a project's stability. :)

RobertE

May 14, 2005
This very well may become a bigger problem as CASP 7 starts up in the next few days. Rosetta is sending out a bunch of CASP 6 proteins that are very big. This may push some machines that just get by to the breaking point (or over it).

GLeeM

Elite Member
Apr 2, 2004
Originally posted by: amdxborg
OD, if it's so discouraging and making dc feel like effort, just change projects, that's what I do, if a project isn't up to standard and they can't solve problems coming for a long time, then they don't deserve my cpu power and sweat. This might sound harsh, but I put way to much into this just to keep it going and probs like that are just way unnecessary!

Or just switch those problem machines for the short while until they get Rosy to the point that it will run on them. Another project gets a boost for a time and you don't waste computer resources for the TeAm :)

mondobyte

Jun 28, 2004
Originally posted by: BlackMountainCow
Yip, I agree with Johan. If you just have a small home fleet like I do, it's no prob to check a PC three times a day and watch for bad WUs. But you big players with corporate fleets just have to be able to rely on a project's stability. :)

I all but abandoned Rosetta because of the problems.

I only do SIMAP and SETI at the present however, ... er ... ah BOINC automatically installs on workstations in a couple networks so .... there are probably machines out there running CPDN, Rosetta, and/or PrimeGrid ... until I get the time to purge them.