Roommate issue

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

kami333

Diamond Member
Dec 12, 2001
Originally posted by: yassine
Originally posted by: CKent
Why'd you agree to a deal like that if he outdrinks you? :confused:

Anyway, your path is clear - drink more beer.

I didn't know,I thought I was the champion but I guess he owns me in the drinking department.

Drink more often. Are you drinking now?

Casawi

Platinum Member
Oct 31, 2004
Originally posted by: Fingolfin269
Do you complain if he uses more toilet paper than you?

no I don't... but we go thru a 12 pack in a day 2 max... so it adds up buddy !

KingGheedora

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
Shouldn't ever share anything with roomates. Everyone should pay for their own stuff, except for things that can't be split like utilities and rent.

Casawi

Platinum Member
Oct 31, 2004
Originally posted by: kami333
Originally posted by: CKent
Why'd you agree to a deal like that if he outdrinks you? :confused:

Anyway, your path is clear - drink more beer.

I didn't know,I thought I was the champion but I guess he owns me in the drinking department.

Drink more often. Are you drinking now?

Yes, I guess he drinks liquor too...lol sh*t

Casawi

Platinum Member
Oct 31, 2004
Originally posted by: Hyperblaze
Originally posted by: RandomFool
Sorry, next time I try to make a beer drinking program I'll be sure to check with AT first.

lol.

I'm not even sure what language you were writing it in.

Can't be PHP (variables need a dollar sign in front of them)
Could be Javascript (but missing a var to declare the variables)? C (again, missing variable declarations) ? C++ (ditto)?

I'm just bugging you.

I'm actually coding right now, so my mind is in the zone.

don't mind me.

I just took as it pseudo code, I often use it too.

Hyperblaze

Lifer
May 31, 2001
Sorry, next time I try to make a beer drinking program I'll be sure to check with AT first.

lol.

I'm not even sure what language you were writing it in.

Can't be PHP (variables need a dollar sign in front of them)
Could be Javascript (but missing a var to declare the variables)? C (again, missing variable declarations) ? C++ (ditto)?

I'm just bugging you.

I'm actually coding right now, so my mind is in the zone.

don't mind me.

I just took as it pseudo code, I often use it too.

so did I.

I already told him I was just bugging him :D

His code was just so close to being actually functional I couldn't resist.

Yes, I do need a life when I'm doing development on a Saturday night.

potoba

Oct 17, 2006
Originally posted by: FilmCamera
because all the good ideas have been suggested here's another:

buyBeer();
you == numBeers / 2;
him == numBeers / 2;
while( you != 0 ) {
youDrinkBeer();
himDrinkBeer();
you--;
him--;
}
tellHimItsHisTurnToBuyBeer();

Error!

numBeers not defined

youDrinkBeer() and himDrinkBeer() invalid functions

damn, you beat me to it! lol

as far as "youDrinkBeer()" and "himDrinkBeer()", they might be functions which don't return any data. It IS possible.

English, pls!!!

Bryophyte

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Just tell him NO MORE SHARING BEER. Grow a pair. If you're so intimidated by your roommate that you buy half of his beer for him, you need to find a roommate that doesn't scare you.

oiprocs

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2001
Originally posted by: Safeway
Buy your own fucking beers. Split the refrigerator or buy your own mini-fridge keep it in your room.

Yeah, the mini-fridge is a good idea. Of course, it'll be obvious if you only put beer in there that you don't have the courage to tell him no more sharing.

But what's the worse case scenario? He acts like a douche and says "No man, that's bullsh**, we are sharing beers!"? Then you just say "Fuck that, I'm not doing that anymore, so don't touch my beers." And/or then you can buy the mini-fridge.

sniperruff

Lifer
Apr 17, 2002
be a man and talk to him. tell him your girlfriend doesn't like you drinking so much beer or you want to lose weight so you have to cut back on the beer, so you want out of that buying beer thing.

Casawi

Platinum Member
Oct 31, 2004
Originally posted by: sniperruff
be a man and talk to him. tell him your girlfriend doesn't like you drinking so much beer or you want to lose weight so you have to cut back on the beer, so you want out of that buying beer thing.

That is what I did, buut some how I am not managing this thing quite well... I pound beer after work everyday !!!!! I have cut back but enought o make a diff.

Casawi

Platinum Member
Oct 31, 2004
I am thinking since we are moving to a new house... just basically apply the rule when we sign the lease.
I dunno tho he also does all the cooking in the house so I really feel like a douche saying this, but....

I do buy the groceries also ... so

Casawi

Platinum Member
Oct 31, 2004
Originally posted by: Bryophyte
Just tell him NO MORE SHARING BEER. Grow a pair. If you're so intimidated by your roommate that you buy half of his beer for him, you need to find a roommate that doesn't scare you.

What no ... scare of a man was not my thing since I was 5 years old ... it is just my personality

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
It's not like he has a say in the matter. Buy your own beer and buy a mini fridge for your room. Then he'll have to buy his own. What's the problem?

Or just tell him you're giving up drinking for a while so you won't be buying any more beer. Then keep a stash somewhere and just don't drink with him.

Casawi

Platinum Member
Oct 31, 2004
BTW the guy I live with... I went to college with and hated him then... I asked my people not to ever bring him to my parties and shit ...lol funny now I live with the guy ... he has pretty cool tho.
But if I don't drink with him then I have no one to drink with... I just moved to Ann Arbor in Jan.... still dont know ppl

MrChad

Lifer
Aug 22, 2001
Originally posted by: sniperruff

That is what I did, buut some how I am not managing this thing quite well... I pound beer after work everyday !!!!! I have cut back but enought o make a diff.

Each buy your own beer
Yeah just say no more shareing
talk to him
tell him to buy his own beer
Grow a pair and just tell him that going forward that each buys their own beer.
Just tell him NO MORE SHARING BEER.

How difficult is this to manage?

NiteWulf

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2003
Originally posted by: Fingolfin269
Do you complain if he uses more toilet paper than you?

no I don't... but we go thru a 12 pack in a day 2 max... so it adds up buddy !
:Q That's a lot of toilet paper.

How did no one see this before me?

KingGheedora

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2006
You buy the groceries, he cooks. Are you guys a couple? Your post is exactly the reason why expenses between roommates should be separate. But it looks like you're already in the situation and by the fact that you posted this thread I doubt you'll have balls to stop all that sharing.

oiprocs

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2001
Here's how I envision your next thread:

So I have been living with guy for about 9 months now, and suggested we to alternates who fvcks my girlfriend. So you know I said fine its just my girl, it would be even.
Well he is 6.3" and 200 some poud and does a sh*t ton of fvcking, so I am loosing on this deal. I don't to share my girlfriend with you when you fvck twice as much as me. But now I dunno how to deal with that, I just want my my girl and yours.
SO this weekend I masturbated and sure I only spent 3 hours in 2 days.
But I can't do this all the time, I love my girlfriend..lol

????

newnameman

Platinum Member
Nov 20, 2002
Originally posted by: shaytahn
Here's how I envision your next thread:

So I have been living with guy for about 9 months now, and suggested we to alternates who fvcks my girlfriend. So you know I said fine its just my girl, it would be even.
Well he is 6.3" and 200 some poud and does a sh*t ton of fvcking, so I am loosing on this deal. I don't to share my girlfriend with you when you fvck twice as much as me. But now I dunno how to deal with that, I just want my my girl and yours.
SO this weekend I masturbated and sure I only spent 3 hours in 2 days.
But I can't do this all the time, I love my girlfriend..lol

????
ROTFLMAO