Room Mate Situation, tldr version as well

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Saint Nick, Oct 31, 2012.

1. Baked

Baked Lifer

I would give you some advice, but they're all frown upon by... people... so you'll just have to come up with your own ideas.

2. lokiju

lokiju Lifer

Take pics of your possessions and store those pics offsite/online somewhere just in case you do encounter a situation where stuff gets broken or stolen.

3. Saint Nick

Saint Nick Lifer

Hey everyone, brief update. Things went a lot better than usual. This is what went down.

After reading the thread, we decided we should probably try to kick him out without bringing up past issues. He defended his actions (cat abuse, drug deals, etc) tooth and nail. So, we decided to find a ploy to get him out. He came by the other day, and I said "Hey, we're going to move the weight rack in the garage into your room since the room is virtually unused anyway," He agreed and I figured it was implied he was done. He left, and I forgot to ask for the keys. When he came back the next day, I asked for the keys, and he left while I was in the john.

I finally got a hold of him just a bit ago via telephone to clear up some stuff. I told him that he wasn't really around and we wanted to use that room. And since he never stayed there, I figured it wasn't going to be a big deal. I asked if we were cool, and he was a little wishy-washy. He seemed to start pouting, and quickly ended the conversation.

We still don't have the keys, but after consulting with a few people, we are able to change the locks without issue.

#78 Saint Nick, Nov 6, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  4. SunnyD

SunnyD Belgian Waffler

Did you change the locks WITH your landlord's permission?

5. lxskllr

lxskllr Lifer

Congratulations? :^D

What a weird situation. I'd have expected more... something...

"We're moving the weights into your room. Don't bother coming back"
    "ok"
    :^D

6. Saint Nick

Saint Nick Lifer

Of course. All is well.

7. SaDiZTiKStyLeZ

He should have been booted moment animal abuse happened.

8. Saint Nick

Saint Nick Lifer

Yep and I've been called out on that numerous time. Won't happen again.

9. jagec

jagec Lifer

Weird ending, but it doesn't sound like it was too confrontational, so he *probably* won't try to "take revenge" later.

10. Saint Nick

Saint Nick Lifer

He refuses to talk to me on the phone. He keeps sending us texts like "How long were you planning on kicking me out?" and something along the lines of "I guess you finally got what you wanted."

I guess I did :)

11. EagleKeeper

EagleKeeper Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
    Staff Member

Drop him off the list of friends.

Ignore the texts and phone calls.

He knows what he did is wrong - that is why no face to face attempt to plead his case.
    He is trying to make you feel guilty and offer another chance.

12. Juddog

Juddog Diamond Member

Saint Nick you did the right thing. It sounds like you handled this as best you could.

13. Saint Nick

Saint Nick Lifer

Turns out he deleted me and my g/f off Facebook (blocked us as well). He has been contacting my friends to see if "they knew he was going to get kicked out". He is handling this like a little girl.

Lol.

14. ichy

ichy Diamond Member

I don't think that what you did is 100% legal, but it sounds like he's too much of a dumbass to realize that.

15. Ns1

Ns1 No Lifer

he's bitter and crazy. watch out.

16. Vdubchaos

Vdubchaos Lifer

When shit goes down, you find out who your true friends are.

He was never your friend. If he was he would've heard you out when you brought up the concerns and be considered.

But you can't expect that from someone that's not thinking clearly (on meds/drugs) etc.

Keep in mind that his drug buddies are just people that use with him/sell to him......nothing to be concerned about. When he doesn't use or buy those people will disappear in an instant.

17. iRONic

iRONic Diamond Member

Oh it's on now, mang. *eyeroll*

18. purbeast0

purbeast0 Lifer

lol @ the update. still don't get why you guys are scared shitless to confront him. instead of doing that you all dilly dally around the point and assume he is 'out'.

EDIT:

and i also find it funny that you are saying he is acting like a girl about this, when you aren't even man enough to confront him about the issue.

19. MagnusTheBrewer

Hey, you just wait til they unleash the hardcore, in your face, nasty, down and dirty apps they've been dl for this event. And, the things they'll say about him on FB aren't for the faint of heart either.

20. Vdubchaos

Vdubchaos Lifer

I'm gonna have to agree with this.

21. Saint Nick

Saint Nick Lifer

I did confront him and really he's the one that skirted the issue. I've also tried calling him numerous times, as well as my lady. It's not like we're the one's avoiding him. The dude is never around to talk to, so I tried to call him on multiple occasions only to get a text back that says "Not on the phone." I told him to come over and talk. And he never did.

All I can say is that this has been an eye opening experience. I am sure this would have been the result regardless of "how" we did it. No more room mates for this guy.

#96 Saint Nick, Nov 7, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  22. AlienCraft

AlienCraft Lifer

Keep the cat inside. Keep weapons handy. Be prepared to defend your life unexpectedly. Dude sounds messed up.