Ron Paul Shock Newsletters Unearthed

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Pabster
No, I'm not accusing Paul of anything. :roll:

I'm simply passing along what has been written. Isn't this a discussion forum?

No, you're doing more than that. When you say things like "If it is such an "obvious political smear", surely you could prove it?" and "No one has been able to refute anything." you're actively defending the validity of the quotes. If you can't prove any of it, you're spewing shit and calling, or at least implying that it's fact.

I have no interest in voting for Ron Paul, but the quotes are very disturbing. They're also the same kind of crap scumbags like Karl Rove put out when they swiftboated John McCain, Max Cleland and John Kerry.

If that's what you stand for, it's just further confirmation that you're an unethical, immoral POS who doesn't give a damn about the truth... You know... like ass licking Bushwhacko sycophants.

BradT

Jul 17, 2007
Originally posted by: BradT
I have only been perusing P&N over the past couple of weeks for the primary/caucus action, but holy sh!t, what is Pabster's deal? Less than half of what he says is true, and just about ALL of what he says is purely to provoke others.

Must have offended another Paulbot. :roll:

If a story "provokes" thought, that is exactly what it is intended to do. Or do you like being a mindless drone?

Mindless...now there is the word I was having trouble coming up with for my original post.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: palehorse74
*cough* RP is currently at less than 9% in NH primaries *cough*

sorry, once again, I couldnt resist.

ps: this story and thread are crap Pabster. come on man, you can do better than this. Please stick to bashing Clinton, or RP's lack of support. This old racism crap is worthless!

That's right where I would expect RP to be. Pretty good numbers considering he'll probably run independent and get similar numbers all the way to November. Which IMO is why Pabster keeps starting senseless threads like these. Paul is poised to play the same role that Perot did back in '92.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Vic
Originally posted by: palehorse74
*cough* RP is currently at less than 9% in NH primaries *cough*

sorry, once again, I couldnt resist.

ps: this story and thread are crap Pabster. come on man, you can do better than this. Please stick to bashing Clinton, or RP's lack of support. This old racism crap is worthless!

That's right where I would expect RP to be. Pretty good numbers considering he'll probably run independent and get similar numbers all the way to November. Which IMO is why Pabster keeps starting senseless threads like these. Paul is poised to play the same role that Perot did back in '92.
Yep the Pabsmear is in full regalia.

Pabster

Lifer
Apr 15, 2001
Originally posted by: Vic

Yes, please direct me to all these senseless Ron Paul threads I've started. :roll:

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
The OP and all of those that support this OP are pretty dumb.

This is old/worthless news.

ranmaniac

Golden Member
May 14, 2001
If any of this were true, I'm quite certain Fox and other MSM news outlets would have come out with this stuff, given the establishments overall dislike of Ron Paul.

/thread

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit
Except if I recall correctly Perot got close to 20% of the vote?

IIRC, it was 19%. Bush Sr was even worse than Jr IMO. But at least half of Perot's votes were probably from the "Read my lips" disgruntled crowd.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: techs
If one were to judge Ron Paul solely on the people who have been supporting him in this forum, than I would believe anything anyone says about him.
After all, his supporters are living in a fantasy land. I can only assume thier candidate is too.

This from the the guy who believes it's statistically impossible that a military member who has served in Iraq posts on these forums. Talk about fantasy land...

Xonoahbin

Aug 16, 2005
Originally posted by: JEDIYoda

He has met the burden of proof using the article.
Never have I heard more rediculous responses by Ron whats his name supporters.
Since when have the rules changed?
So anybody now who posts and article that stands on its own merits has to also post a 2nd article supporting the first?
hmmm

Oh it's OK dooode! I'd say you have the right to your free speech, but I'm not sure it's included in the six amendments of the bill of rights. I don't know what you people are talking about with your ten amendments.

Bill of Rights Pared Down to a Manageable Six

Well, there we go. Bill of rights is six. I win. What's that? You want to discredit me? Hah, yeah right. I just proved it using that article. Prove it's not credible and prove that I'm wrong! You can't!

Your logic is wonderful, but it's 100% incorrect. Please stop trolling.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: lozina
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
LOL if you believe this, I'll hand out the tin foil hats for you guys :laugh:

Can you refute it?

You're the accuser. The burden of proof is on you. That's the way it works.

As far as I'm concerned, this stuff could all be fabricated by crafty minds of the Rudy Guiliani campaign until it can be proved Mr. Ron Paul himself has written these documents.

I can just as easily get the typewriter from my attic and write out some really damning texts and then type "by Rudy Guliani" or whatever at the end, and then scan it and send the pictures to the media,

Not even We-hate-Ron-Paul FOX NEWS has this story

So anybody now who posts and article that stands on its own merits has to also post a 2nd article supporting the first?
hmmm

We should all post blogs stating that JediYoda is a pedophile. Obviously that's all the proof that anyone should need on any topic.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: BoberFett

Can you refute it?

As far as I'm concerned, this stuff could all be fabricated by crafty minds of the Rudy Guiliani campaign until it can be proved Mr. Ron Paul himself has written these documents.

I can just as easily get the typewriter from my attic and write out some really damning texts and then type "by Rudy Guliani" or whatever at the end, and then scan it and send the pictures to the media,

hmmm

We should all post blogs stating that JediYoda is a pedophile. Obviously that's all the proof that anyone should need on any topic.
He's a pedo??

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

He's a pedo??

Yes, unless of course he can prove that he's not. So far I see no evidence.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002
Originally posted by: Thump553
Although the chances of me ever voting for him are slim to none (in large part to his federal reserve views), I find Ron Paul to be a refreshing and invigorating candidate who has done much to inject actual substance into the national political debate. If I'm channeel surfing and run across an interview of him, I'll nearly always stop to listen.

If the views expressed in Pabster's thumbnail were in fact expressed by Ron Paul I'll feel greatly disappointed, even soiled. OTOH, given the tendency to perpetuate dirty tricks in politics (especially in the Republican arena) I'll withhold any judgment for now.

I agree 100% with everything said here. No way Paul gets my vote if even half of this is remotely true.

First

Lifer
Jun 3, 2002

So when Ron whats his name drops out of the race are you going to drink the koolaid that he offers you??

Amazing you post this much about a guy whose last name you can't remind and who you insist is insignificant. As I said last night, it would be funny if it weren't so sad.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Someone may have some nodding acquaintance with almost every nut job conspiracy theory in the world, and if that understanding of other theories of events moves the minds of others, that understanding and self education is a good thing. Only if you can prove they are now advocating only those theories far out theori4s to the exclusion of others is it a bad thing. Its a somewhat a scientific question, one has to have the open mind to look at all explanations, and then pick by the facts. And also share other explanations with others and not censor everything but the your one politically correct version. With censorship and denial the worse crimes possible.

Like another poster said, the burden of proof is on the OP that Paul is therefore a nut. And it more proves that PAUL is widely read and others have bunker minds.

shrumpage

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Harvey

If it is such an "obvious political smear", surely you could prove it?

You're accusing Paul of some pretty ugly and offensive comments. If they're not true, those making such claims are guilty of libel (in print) or slander (spoken).

OTOH, truth is a 100% defense to any charges of libel or slander, but if you think the quotes are accurate, the burden of proof is on you. If it's NOT such an "obvious political smear", surely you could come up with credible original sources for the quotes. :roll:

http://www.reuters.com/article...08-Jan-2008+BW20080108

Ron appears to admit the newsletters are true, i.e. they were printed, and under his name, but disavows some of the content.

Very recently Mitt Ronmey ran an ad with false information about an opponent, (McCain i believe) over an immigration bill. When called on it he was asked about it, and he said he did not approve the ad.

At what point are people not held to what comes from their 'camp.' My understanding this was not a one time deal but many articles spread out of the course of years. This coupled with racists support of Ron Paul (i.e. Stormfront) a more detailed explanation should be given.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Red Dawn

Can you refute it?

hmmm

He's a pedo??

Damn, I didn't know Pabster was a pedo, wow! :shocked:

MadRat

Lifer
Oct 14, 1999
There is nothing to refute. None of what you said is even linked to Ron Paul.

You're the only one stuck on your claims.

jersiq

May 18, 2005
Originally posted by: Xonoahbin

hmmm

Oh it's OK dooode! I'd say you have the right to your free speech, but I'm not sure it's included in the six amendments of the bill of rights. I don't know what you people are talking about with your ten amendments.

Bill of Rights Pared Down to a Manageable Six

Well, there we go. Bill of rights is six. I win. What's that? You want to discredit me? Hah, yeah right. I just proved it using that article. Prove it's not credible and prove that I'm wrong! You can't!

Your logic is wonderful, but it's 100% incorrect. Please stop trolling.

Except for the fact that your article can actually be refuted

Text
Text
Text

Hell, I am tired of linking, here's the direct google search:
Text

Now, does that exist in your refutaion of the article, or are you really that daft?

Insofar as the question at hand, and being someone who hasn't made any sort of choice yet, I do believe some allegations of actions do need to be scrutinized, and this is one of those cases.
Surely, if he isn't the person who wrote these comments, would it be that difficult to clear his own name in this matter?

shrumpage

Golden Member
Mar 1, 2004
Originally posted by: MadRat

Look at the links i posted, they show the original scans, from 1978 up to the early 90's. It was HIS newsletter, and he even admitted that.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: shrumpage
Originally posted by: MadRat

Look at the links i posted, they show the original scans, from 1978 up to the early 90's. It was HIS newsletter, and he even admitted that.

But they're not his opinions.

When you're a fringe candidate, you're going to get supporters from the fringe. That doesn't make the candidate responsible for everything they say.
And right, wrong, or indifferent, they have the right to speak as much as anyone else, whether you might like what they have to say or not.

Here's an analogy... some people here don't like me because I tend to be confrontational and mock and be sarcastic to be people with silly, extremist, or strongly partisan opinions. But OTOH, I would never think to silence them. From Stormfront to the communist party, they have the right to speak regardless of whether I like what they have to say or not.
However, there are people who would like to silence such speech, either directly or (even worse) indirectly by holding people not actually responsible for such speech accountable by proxy, like you're doing here. And those are the people that I really don't like.