Ron Paul rejects evolutionary theory

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: PC Surgeon
Originally posted by: Robor
Originally posted by: BoberFett
Tell me to move, that's an original response. Love it or leave it, eh Cletus?

Meh, it's better than flying off the handle because I suggested using *our* tax dollars to fund something like medical and fuel research. If you don't like it vote against it. That's what I'll be doing.

As will I, which is why I support Paul despite your telling me to pack up and leave, pissant.

Hey, you're the one who is tired of being held up by the 'thugs with guns'. I merely gave you an option to prevent it.

FWIW, you acting like an arrogant cock is a great way to get Paul's message across. It's good to know he's got people like you out there supporting him. :thumbsup:

Given the multitudes of jackasses like yourself supporting the status quo (war, corporate welfare, a tanking economy) I don't care if I come across as a jerk. Maybe this country needs more loudmouthed jerks that don't represent the current political elite. There are enough Michael Moores and Rush Limbaughs, perhaps it's time there were some jerks that support freedom instead of the continued slide to authoritarianism.

Actually I'm a very big opponent of the war and to label everyone who isn't a RP supporter as pro-war is blatantly wrong. It was a mistake to go in and it's been a mistake to continue the 'war on terror'. It's a no-win situation for everyone involved. That said, we (the US) created that mess so I think it would be very unpopular to simply yank the troops out before there's some sort of order. I'm all for a withdrawal - starting immediately - just not all out immediately.

No! We (US citizens) are not responsible! George and his cohorts are and should be brought up on charges for it. That's where the responsibility and blame lies. They want you to take blame for their actions and it seems you have taken them on. I say suit up the executive branch in military garb, drop them off in the middle of Iraq while our boys come home. I think the Iraqis would be fine dishing out justice.

I'd love to see GWB and his regime brought up on charges but I doubt it's going to happen. The sad thing is we (the US) not only elected him once but re-elected him in 2004 despite being a miserable failure. I didn't vote for him either time but the outside world doesn't see that. They just see the 'US collective' elect and re-elect him.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
Good Lord!

Must everything around here degenerate into GWB & Iraq thread.

This is supposed to be about RP and evolution.

Fern

Obsoleet

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2007
No! We (US citizens) are not responsible! George and his cohorts are and should be brought up on charges for it. That's where the responsibility and blame lies. They want you to take blame for their actions and it seems you have taken them on. I say suit up the executive branch in military garb, drop them off in the middle of Iraq while our boys come home. I think the Iraqis would be fine dishing out justice.

You're right.

It's like you're relaxing in your car, you and some friends and some crazy dude jumps in the car and starts driving crazy, and when the cops come he's like "OH MY GOD LOOK AT THE THE TROUBLE WE ARE IN"

Everyone would be like "wtf do you mean WE?"

This is Bush's war. Yes it is true, he did it quickly and at an opportune moment that caught a lot of people off guard (besides Ron Paul).

Perspectives only changed in the Democrats minds' because their party has been taken over by the neocon philosophy, how deeply entrenched the neocons are getting into the party currently is anyones guess.

WE didn't do shit!
The only thing we did fail on was stopping it, and withdrawing... at least so far.

OUR war is against a guy named Bin Laden.
Everyone but the Democrats and Republican bases understand this. Too busy playing politics trying to save face.

I always had a more favorable view of Democrats and liberals in general in my life but I'm utterly disgusted with them now!!!

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: cKGunslinger
Originally posted by: 1EZduzit
Originally posted by: Vic
Ethanol and other biofuels would be a perfectly fine solution for alternative fuels if we stopped making them out of fsckin' food. We could make biofuels from sh!t if we wanted to, but oh no the corn industry...

Tell me your not this stupid, your just in the mood to troll.

Uh, no. He's quite right.

Well, he said we could make ethanol out of shit. Shit is used for fertilizer. If we turn our shit into ethanol then you will have to buy that much more man-made fertilzer which is made out of.....<drum roll here>... nautural gas. We lose energy converting natural fertilzer to ethanol and then again turning the natural gas into fertilizer.

Sound pretty stupid to me, but I bow to the Texan RP bot. :laugh:

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Ethanol and other biofuels would be a perfectly fine solution for alternative fuels if we stopped making them out of fsckin' food.

We could make biofuels from sh!t if we wanted to, but oh no the corn industry...

Excuse me.

He is 110% correct. There is absolutely no reason to be making ethanol from corn.

Switch grass is a much more appropriate plant and does not cut into the food supply.

LOL, Why doesn't it cut into the food supply? Switchgrass is an excellent warm season hay/pasture grass. If you can't let your cattle eat it then you have to feed them something else?

Do you people really think there is grass just going to waste? Damn, where do you clowns think Prime Rib comes from, the grocery store?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Ethanol and other biofuels would be a perfectly fine solution for alternative fuels if we stopped making them out of fsckin' food. We could make biofuels from sh!t if we wanted to, but oh no the corn industry...

Well, he said we could make ethanol out of shit. Shit is used for fertilizer. If we turn our shit into ethanol then you will have to buy that much more man-made fertilzer which is made out of.....<drum roll here>... nautural gas. We lose energy converting natural fertilzer to ethanol and then again turning the natural gas into fertilizer.

Sigh....

And not only did I say biofuels, but decomposing manure is a major source of methane gas emissions. And what is natural gas?...

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002

Sigh....

And not only did I say biofuels, but decomposing manure is a major source of methane gas emissions. And what is natural gas?...

So are farts, are you suggesting we all walk around with cans strapped to our ass?

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005

Sigh....

So are farts, are you suggesting we all walk around with cans strapped to our ass?

You really do have a brain the size of a peanut don't you?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Sigh....

No, but I don't think it would be bad idea if we started strapping them to cows' asses to collect their farts.

Should I play your usual card right now and make some off-the-wall remark that you're shilling for the corn industry because you're a farmer? Or would that actually be true?

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002

Sigh....

No, but I don't think it would be bad idea if we started strapping them to cows' asses to collect their farts.

Should I play your usual card right now and make some off-the-wall remark that you're shilling for the corn industry because you're a farmer? Or would that actually be true?

Then buy some cows and go for it, show us how it's done instead of sitting here on the internet acting so smug and knowledgable.

This is getting off topic but I'd like one of you smart asses to explain to me how we are going to make ethanol out of biomass without taking land away from another use.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002

You really do have a brain the size of a peanut don't you?

It's better then the shit for brains so many other have. Maybe we can make ethanol out of them??

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Sigh....

Then buy some cows and go for it, show us how it's done instead of sitting here on the internet acting so smug and knowledgable.

This is getting off topic but I'd like one of you smart asses to explain to me how we are going to make ethanol out of biomass without taking land away from another use.

There are other biofuels besides ethanol.

1EZduzit

Lifer
Feb 4, 2002

There are other biofuels besides ethanol.

Are you trying to redifne the argument? Here it is in a nutshell for you:

Originally posted by: VicEthanol and other biofuels would be a perfectly fine solution for alternative fuels if we stopped making them out of fsckin' food. We could make biofuels from sh!t if we wanted to, but oh no the corn industry...

and I asked:

We're not discussing how many biofuels are out there? I'm just pointing out that whether you make grain ethanol or cellulistic ethanol we're taking land away from the production of food.

It's rather ironic that when they do get cellulistic ethanol technology ready for prime time that the experts say we have the resources for producing 30% (60 billion gallons) of our gasoline consumption. Now that's going to take a lot of land away from food produciton.

If all your concerned about is making ethanol from food then I guess you should be careful what you wish for.