Ron Paul rejects evolutionary theory

Page 7 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: JohnOfSheffield
Originally posted by: Vic
Rejecting the evolutionary theory is rejecting reality, there is no way around that.

Ignorance isn't really an excuse either.

That said, i don't get to vote and so my opinion on the candidates don't count.

Personally i hope it'll be Hillary though, if it's Huckabee, i hope we cut all ties with the US and end our NATO membership immediately.

Your own Prime Minister is a Calvinist. :roll:

And that has what to do with this?

The point wasn't belief, the point was the increased military expansion proposed by Huckabee, i thought that was obvious considering my suggestions.

You are really trying too hard and while you probably think you are smart, you are just proving how daft you are with each and every reply.

As you obviously failed to notice, this thread is not about Huckabee.

It's about a presidential candidate, you're the only one who brought England's prime minister into this, afaik he is further from the topic than Hillary or Huckabee.

But of course, you rule the world, you are god and superior in your own mind.

Christ, where are all the normal people at?

RTFT before you post. Then you won't be so confused.

And no, pal, it's not trolling to point out, however sarcastically, that some poster holds inconsistent views.

fstime

Diamond Member
Jan 18, 2004
Originally posted by: bamacre
Evolution does not conflict with Christianity. Only a bunch of silly, uneducated Christians and anti-Christians would like to think so.

Thank you!!!!!

<--- Christian who accepts evolution(And so does my priest) and believes the theory can co-exist with Christianity.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: BouZouki
Evolution does not conflict with Christianity. Only a bunch of silly, uneducated Christians and anti-Christians would like to think so.

Thank you!!!!!

<--- Christian who accepts evolution(And so does my priest) and believes the theory can co-exist with Christianity.

Hey, man, that's not allowed. The rules of the Internet require that you hold strict Creationist beliefs, vote Republican, hate the poor, and drive an SUV.

Jun 26, 2007
Rejecting the evolutionary theory is rejecting reality, there is no way around that.

Ignorance isn't really an excuse either.

That said, i don't get to vote and so my opinion on the candidates don't count.

Personally i hope it'll be Hillary though, if it's Huckabee, i hope we cut all ties with the US and end our NATO membership immediately.

Your own Prime Minister is a Calvinist. :roll:

And that has what to do with this?

The point wasn't belief, the point was the increased military expansion proposed by Huckabee, i thought that was obvious considering my suggestions.

You are really trying too hard and while you probably think you are smart, you are just proving how daft you are with each and every reply.

As you obviously failed to notice, this thread is not about Huckabee.

It's about a presidential candidate, you're the only one who brought England's prime minister into this, afaik he is further from the topic than Hillary or Huckabee.

But of course, you rule the world, you are god and superior in your own mind.

Christ, where are all the normal people at?

RTFT before you post. Then you won't be so confused.

And no, pal, it's not trolling to point out, however sarcastically, that some poster holds inconsistent views.

I read the thread, now explain to me how my response concerning other other candidates is not about the presidential candidacy discussion while your idiotic statement about Englands prime minister has something to do with it?

It IS trolling to remark upon someone elses statement that has perfect value in the thread while adding nothing. In fact, 99.99% of all your posts are pure trolling, most of the time you get proven wrong and just don't return though.

Jun 26, 2007
Originally posted by: BouZouki

Thank you!!!!!

Hey, man, that's not allowed. The rules of the Internet require that you hold strict Creationist beliefs, vote Republican, hate the poor, and drive an SUV.

And you call Dave a troll?

Pathetic.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Clearly you're lying about having read the thread. Or you're stupid. Or... you're continuing your ongoing little bitter personal attack against me. :roll:

The comment about your PM was in regards to several here who have attacked Paul ("automatic rejection") for his religious beliefs while at the same time supporting candidates who themselves hold strong religious beliefs. If you had read the thread, you would have known that.

And everyone knows dmcowen674 is a stupid troll. The only thing he does here all day every day is post outrageous lies and respond to posters telling them that they believe or support exactly the opposite of whatever it was that they just posted that they believe or support. I suggest you not try the same, because though many have tried to copy him, he's the only one the mods have allowed to get away with that indefinitely.

Jun 26, 2007
Clearly you're lying about having read the thread. Or you're stupid. Or... you're continuing your ongoing little bitter personal attack against me. :roll:

The comment about your PM was in regards to several here who have attacked Paul ("automatic rejection") for his religious beliefs while at the same time supporting candidates who themselves hold strong religious beliefs. If you had read the thread, you would have known that.

And everyone knows dmcowen674 is a stupid troll. The only thing he does here all day every day is post outrageous lies and respond to posters telling them that they believe or support exactly the opposite of whatever it was that they just posted that they believe or support. I suggest you not try the same, because though many have tried to copy him, he's the only one the mods have allowed to get away with that indefinitely.

You know what, you brought outside people into the debate and you claimed i did that, you claim Dave is trolling while you are, you claim i am on a bitter attack crusade against YOU while it was you that responded to ME.

i don't give a fuck about you, i don't know you and i don't know from where i'd hold a grudge towards you, honestly, i don't, i pretty much only visit one other forum and i've never seen you there.

"everyone knows" is not really a good argument, in fact, i'd say you HAVE been trolling in this thread and he has not, just because you've got his anti-fanclub with you does not make you right.

I really don't like you at all though, maybe that is the problem?

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

You know what, you brought outside people into the debate and you claimed i did that, you claim Dave is trolling while you are, you claim i am on a bitter attack crusade against YOU while it was you that responded to ME.

i don't give a fuck about you, i don't know you and i don't know from where i'd hold a grudge towards you, honestly, i don't, i pretty much only visit one other forum and i've never seen you there.

"everyone knows" is not really a good argument, in fact, i'd say you HAVE been trolling in this thread and he has not, just because you've got his anti-fanclub with you does not make you right.

PUI... again?

Jun 26, 2007

PUI... again?

I don't what PUI means.

You cute internet twits have lost your cuteness, try using full words.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

Well, if you knew more about Vic, then you'd know he's one of the most intelligent people who post here. Well, IMO. And I don't think anyone here would regard him as a "troll."

Dave, on the other hand, is in fact, a fucking douchebag, and this board would be much better off without him.

Jun 26, 2007

Well, if you knew more about Vic, then you'd know he's one of the most intelligent people who post here. Well, IMO. And I don't think anyone here would regard him as a "troll."

Dave, on the other hand, is in fact, a fucking douchebag, and this board would be much better off without him.

No, vic's pseudo-intelligent, he agrees with what seems intelligent but he's not intellectually honest about shit, he's a twirp, a worthless yay sayer and that is all he is. Just look at him lick Cyclowizards balls even though you can cleraly see that cyclowizard has failed the debate from the OP by not presenting EXACTLY what he meant to say.

Dave is right here and Vic is wrong, it doesn't take a genius to see that and i don't judge people on any merits apart from my own.

I'm English, be glad because i would have voted for Hillary who is a fuckload more of a libertian than Ron Paul will ever be.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

No, vic's pseudo-intelligent, he agrees with what seems intelligent but he's not intellectually honest about shit, he's a twirp, a worthless yay sayer and that is all he is. Just look at him lick Cyclowizards balls even though you can cleraly see that cyclowizard has failed the debate from the OP by not presenting EXACTLY what he meant to say.

Dave is right here and Vic is wrong, it doesn't take a genius to see that and i don't judge people on any merits apart from my own.

I'm English, be glad because i would have voted for Hillary who is a fuckload more of a libertian than Ron Paul will ever be.

I thought the first part of your post was funny until I saw your last sentence, which had me on the floor.

:laugh:

IEC

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Jun 10, 2004
Originally posted by: Harvey
Originally posted by: GodlessAstronomer

At the Spartanburg Executive Committee Meeting Ron Paul was asked during a Q&A to clarify his position on evolutionary theory. He claims that he does not accept it as it is "just a theory" and claims that it's a theological question (when clearly it's a scientific question).

Great! Just what this country needs... Yet another intellectually challenged idealogue whose range of vision is defined by the deepest inner walls of his rectum. :roll:

Mark this turkey REJECTED!! :thumbsdown:

Yeah, who gives a shit that he voted against the war in Iraq, who gives a shit that he voted against the Patriot Act?

If you think the misunderstanding of evolution is the biggest problem in this country, do us all a favor. Don't vote.

I could care less what his views on evolution are. What matters is he's the only Republican candidate committed to the idea of separation of church and state as the Founders intended.

It doesn't matter what he personally believes, because it won't make its way into what policies he wants. He doesn't like abortion as a Christian and as a OB-GYN, but he doesn't think the Feds should be mandating policy about abortion. He'd let the states decide (which is a more conservative position).

For me, here's where I see him as standing out from the other Repubs on issues that matter most to me (and why I donated to his campaign):

Three examples:
1. He voted against the Patriot Act
2. He voted against the Iraq War
3. He's voted against damn near every unbalanced budget in the past 20 years

So basically, why I support him:
1. He fights for civil liberties
2. He fights for a foreign policy free of foreign entanglements/fiascos
3. He fights to reduce the deficit and inflation, and wants more out of every dollar we earn to be ours

I don't agree with many of his stances, but I see him as the best chance to get away from the neo-cons and also away from the Socialists in the Dem. side.

Obsoleet

Platinum Member
Oct 2, 2007
Originally posted by: GodlessAstronomer
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=V4af9Q0Fa4Q

At the Spartanburg Executive Committee Meeting Ron Paul was asked during a Q&A to clarify his position on evolutionary theory. He claims that he does not accept it as it is "just a theory" and claims that it's a theological question (when clearly it's a scientific question). What sort of effect will this have on Paul's public profile? Will this harm his already very slim chances of getting a nomination or being elected? Does this change your opinion of him?

Who cares?

Trolls who hate Ron Paul maybe. It has no bearing on how good of a President he will be.
It's a wedge issue, used to divide people over nothing to get votes. Most of us, have woken up to this garbage.

Guess what, I'm in Iowa, and drumming up support for Ron Paul everynight to bring votes to the caucuses. I'm a precinct captain.

You haters, are going down and I'm working tirelessly finding many people who love freedom and liberty everyday who stand firmly against you.

RON PAUL REVOLUTION!

LONG LIVE THE CAUSE
LONG LIVE LIBERTY

NoStateofMind

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2005

This is so absurd. You know how many people are out there that can't stand what America is doing in Iraq, yet they won't vote for the ONE SINGLE PERSON WANTING TO PULL OUT IMMEDIATELY. They go around crying "Oh America is so bad, we shouldn't be there, its a waste of money, too many lives lost, yadda yadda yadda" and all the while vote someone in that wants to stay. You don't fool me with your ignorance. Yes I know your not in the states and thank God for that, cause you cannot even reason with your own moral values.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Maybe this will shed some light on your subject...

over 90% of americans believe in a god and over half don't believe in evolution. So, no I don't think it's gonna hurt him matter of fact it will but anything HELP him....

This sick f'ed up country will vote another religious crackpot in no matter what. I don't care what the exiting polls predict but all the religious phreaks will be loading their followers up by the bus loads so that they can vote for the next idiot to keep the money flowing for their cause.

Simple fact period. No doubt in my mind... Just as they got bush in they will do it again for the next prez.... Sigh... Yes we have truly slipped back in the dark ages and rightly so. China will be the next super power and the USA will be looked down on.

Got a problem with that? Get use to it. As long as we have religious freaks in power we will be making the same stupid mistakes until we are flat broke then maybe we'll start figuring it out again... until then it's gonna be a long time coming for change.

cKGunslinger

Lifer
Nov 29, 1999

Dave is right here and Vic is wrong, it doesn't take a genius to see that..

Thanks for this. Now I know to never, ever waste my time seriously considering anything you post here. :laugh:

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
[

As with others, I am amazed that you would think this. Vic, despite my own disagreements with him, is far more logical than Dave in his trolls.

I am not sure what you think a Libertarian is, but if you think it's social programs galore, invasion of pricacy, stupidity of war, and lemming-like behavior, then sure, Hillary is your woman. However, if you think it's the antithesis of that, then you are wrong about your choice.

I, for one, am glad you are English, because you really have no idea what you're talking about.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Robor
Wow, exagerate much? Seems you RP supporters like to do that a lot.

I don't want to pay for a lot of things the gov't funds but it's not all about ME or YOU, it's about what's best for EVERYONE.

And how is that determined? Who decides that? And don't say democracy, because that's what has you and I paying for Iraq.

Simply use the same system that is currently in place for research grants and allow it to go toward stem cell research as well.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: BoberFett

I do know the answer, and the answer is that the feds HAVE NO BUSINESS doing those things. If you want to fund them, fund those projects yourself. Why do people like you force me to donate at gunpoint?

I don't want to pay for a lot of things the gov't funds but it's not all about ME or YOU, it's about what's best for EVERYONE.

What am I exaggerating? Taking everyone's money at gunpoint for your pet projects? What exactly do you think happens to people who refuse to pay taxes? They're arrested by thugs with guns.

And who are you to decide what's best for everyone? You? What an elitist piece of trash. I will decide what's best for me, that's what free men do. People that have others decide what's best for them are called slaves.

WTF are you talking about with this 'taking everyone's money at gunpoint' and 'thugs with guns' crap? As I said before, I don't like everything that's done with my tax money but that doesn't give me the right to stop paying taxes.

No one is forcing you to pay taxes to the US government either. You don't have to live here. I'm sure there are plenty of other countries where you can live a lifestyle similar to the US that are tax free. Please move there so you can decide what's best for you and say fuck all to everyone who doesn't agree with you.

Robor

Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Tell me to move, that's an original response. Love it or leave it, eh Cletus?

Meh, it's better than flying off the handle because I suggested using *our* tax dollars to fund something like medical and fuel research. If you don't like it vote against it. That's what I'll be doing.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

And how is that determined? Who decides that? And don't say democracy, because that's what has you and I paying for Iraq.

Simply use the same system that is currently in place for research grants and allow it to go toward stem cell research as well.

That didn't answer my question. What exactly is best for everyone and who gets to decide that? I don't see how anyone can pretend that these are easy questions.