Romney was possibly less popular than Santorum and Dr. Paul.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Link

The evidence is undeniable that there was fraud and that it was mostly at the expense of Dr. Paul. Does anyone besides me find it ironic how Romney promotes Democratic Peace Theory and says how wonderful democracy is when the people don't want his sorry ass?

I'm not saying Dr. Paul won an outright majority of Republicans, but lets break down how well he'd do in a 3 way race between himself and Rombama:
Say only 30% of voters were independents. Say Dr. Paul got 2/3 of those, he'd have 20% right there. Say he got 1/8 of Republicans which are 40% of the electorate. That's 25%. Say Democrats were 30% and Dr. Paul got 10% of them. He'd have 27% of the popular vote worst case scenario. Consider how few of the primaries/caucuses required one to be a Republican.

Rombama should be a fusion ticket.

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
Possibly? Almost certainly-I've seen stats that say only 16% of the potential electorate actually like Romney (the rest of his support is basically anti_Obama).

But the other two have overwhelming negatives (especially Santorum). No evidence of fraud, and what-if scenarios don't mean much in real life. Paul had lots of money and millions of enthusiastic supporters in his favor. The fact that he can't convince Joe Average he is anything more than a flakey crank says a whole lot-about Paul's ideas, not about some supposed mainstream media conspiracy.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yes, Ron Paul often wins on the Internet when people just make shit up. In reality he continues to lose over and over again.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
no suprise. Romney is a idiot and can't keep his foot out of his mouth. I think he is the worst choice the GOP could pick.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Ron Paul will always have a single digit percentage of the vote. He had a one time surge, and I hope you all enjoyed it, then people who never really listened to him got to hear how bat-shit crazy he is and he went right back down into single digits.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
The evidence is undeniable that there was fraud and that it was mostly at the expense of Dr. Paul.

There's always small amounts of fraud in any process. Not nearly enough to make a substantive difference here.

Say only 30% of voters were independents. Say Dr. Paul got 2/3 of those, he'd have 20% right there.

This is the part of your analysis that doesn't work -- no way would Paul get 2/3 of independents. Probably not even 1/3.

Anyway, even if true, your scenario would boil down to a landslide victory for Obama. Which is why the GOP has been pressuring Paul not to run third party.

PS The title is complete BS. Paul consistenly polled near the bottom during the primaries.

Last edited:

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Popularity doesn't matter, who the republicans want doesn't matter, Romney was promised his go last time around for being a good puppet and bowing out so that they could offer up the sacrificial McCan't/Palin ticket.

Apr 27, 2012
There was fraud and they did everything possible to keep Ron Paul out, he threatens the status quo and is dangerous to democrats and republicans which is why the media ignored him and shut him down.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
There was fraud and they did everything possible to keep Ron Paul out, he threatens the status quo and is dangerous to democrats and republicans which is why the media ignored him and shut him down.

He was ignored because his message was not resounding with the general population; only a fringe sector

AT is a perfect example; there are a few fringe supporters that are advocates of him; and look at what they post :\

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Popularity doesn't matter, who the republicans want doesn't matter, Romney was promised his go last time around for being a good puppet and bowing out so that they could offer up the sacrificial McCan't/Palin ticket.
How do you know that? That makes sense, but I was wondering how you know. Just asking:)

Apr 27, 2012
He was ignored because his message was not resounding with the general population; only a fringe sector

AT is a perfect example; there are a few fringe supporters that are advocates of him; and look at what they post :\

No, he refused to bend over to corporations so they weren't interested. The media is horribly corrupted and biased.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
How do you know that? That makes sense, but I was wondering how you know. Just asking:)

Did you pay attention last election? McCain came out of nowhere practically overnight to become the media choice when Romney was doing fairly well. No one in their right mind thought the GOP could win against Obama last election, especially after 8 years of Bush. It was McCain's last run, so they let him have it, and had Romney wait till he might actually have a chance.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
Imagine that, the OP uses a Pro-Paul site for his argument.

Paul didn't win the vote in his Congressional district against Romney, that in it's self should tell you how popular Ron Paul was in this years primaries.

thraashman

Lifer
Apr 10, 2000
no suprise. Romney is a idiot and can't keep his foot out of his mouth. I think he is the worst choice the GOP could pick.

Romney is an idiot and can't keep his foot out of his mouth, and actually that makes him the best GOP could pick. As other choices involved a few psychotically religious and hate-filled individuals, a blatant racist with the economic policies of Scrooge McDuck, a man whose best quality was adultery, and a man who spent months crying about a birth certificate.

Apr 27, 2012
Romney is an idiot and can't keep his foot out of his mouth, and actually that makes him the best GOP could pick. As other choices involved a few psychotically religious and hate-filled individuals, a blatant racist with the economic policies of Scrooge McDuck, a man whose best quality was adultery, and a man who spent months crying about a birth certificate.

Willard romney and barrack husein obama are the same

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Less crazy? Yes.

More honest? No. Ron Paul is by far the most honest. Paul is right up there with the Unabomber for honesty.

Less popular? Only in the sense that warm, runny dog shit may be less popular than cold dog shit.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Did you pay attention last election? McCain came out of nowhere practically overnight to become the media choice when Romney was doing fairly well. No one in their right mind thought the GOP could win against Obama last election, especially after 8 years of Bush. It was McCain's last run, so they let him have it, and had Romney wait till he might actually have a chance.
I know that Romney was the favorite of Hannity and Rush in 08 and that he dropped out pretty damn early. I didn't know that they had guaranteed it to him however, but I trust your word.:) I don't understand why the GOP would waste its time and money if it had already guaranteed the nomination to Romney though.
Imagine that, the OP uses a Pro-Paul site for his argument. Paul didn't win the vote in his Congressional district against Romney, that in it's self should tell you how popular Ron Paul was in this years primaries.
We don't know who won Dr. Paul's Congressional district. I heard it was one of his best parts in TX, but it was only like 20% or so and I don't believe it because he's pretty much always ran without opposition in his district. If Romney was so popular there, then why didn't someone like Romney run there and beat Dr. Paul in a GOP primary?

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000

No, he refused to bend over to corporations so they weren't interested. The media is horribly corrupted and biased.
He could not even win his own district.

that shows how much support he really had.

His district went for him the same % as he was getting elsewhere.

So if he is unable after all these years to get his own district behind his views; what does that say.

Blame the media on the fact that his volunteers could not get out the vote?

His message does not resound with more than a handful percentage of people; whether it is in his district, state or across the country.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
I know that Romney was the favorite of Hannity and Rush in 08 and that he dropped out pretty damn early. I didn't know that they had guaranteed it to him however, but I trust your word.:) I don't understand why the GOP would waste its time and money if it had already guaranteed the nomination to Romney though.

Think about how soon this seasons primaries started, and how fast they whittled down. Bachmann? Cain? Perry? Really? Fodder for the dog and pony show.