Romney taking head Sununu can't take the facts, goes off cliff.....

Ryan

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2...e-obama-romney-ryan-plans-impact-on-medicare/

O’Brien: I’m telling you what FactCheck.com tells you. I’m telling you what the CBO tells you. I’m telling you what CNN’s independent analysis does.”

Sununu: “I got the CBO report right here.”

O’Brien: And I’m telling you what it says. I’ve read it several times.”

Sununu: Put an Obama bumper sticker on your forehead when you do this.”

Keeping it classy. Throwing insults in a debate is a clear sign that you probably have lost........This guy is a terrible surrogate for the Romney campaign. How can they be so incompetent?

cartoon%20john%20sununu%20big%20govt.jpg

Last edited:

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
At some point you really have to wonder how stupid an American has to be to vote for any GOP candidate.

It's really never been more clear in our history that they don't give two shits about protecting anyone other than the uber wealthy.

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
At some point you really have to wonder how stupid an American has to be to vote for any GOP candidate.

It's really never been more clear in our history that they don't give two shits about protecting anyone other than the uber wealthy.

But he....oh ya

WAIT.......WAIT........he wants to, woops, forgot he flip flopped on that issue

But certainly he loves America by paying little to no taxes......and having offshore bank accounts.......

Well have you seen his fucking hair? Its got MY vote.

GarfieldtheCat

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2005
Hmm....Sununu sounds like a lot of our trolls here and P&N...refuse to admit facts, and then insult that other person.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012
Keeping it classy. Throwing insults in a debate is a clear sign that you probably have lost........This guy is a terrible surrogate for the Romney campaign. How can they be so incompetent?

Simple -- the people on his side don't think he's incompetent at all. They think he's a hero.

I had Hannity on briefly this afternoon, he played that segment and was effusive with praise for Sununu, thinking he came off great and got the best of the exchange.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The Romney campaign is having a lot of trouble with message control, with directing the discussion. It'd be a lot easier if that message were closer to the truth, which, of course, it isn't.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Simple -- the people on his side don't think he's incompetent at all. They think he's a hero.

I had Hannity on briefly this afternoon, he played that segment and was effusive with praise for Sununu, thinking he came off great and got the best of the exchange.

just got done listening to hannity on the radio

he was swinging off of Sununus blankity-blank

If Sununu was a librul and mistreating Meagan Kelley like that then the outrage on the right would be tremendous...

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Sununu.....hmmmm. Oh yeah, now I remember him. Didn't Bush fire him from his job as COS or something? Amazing how he keeps turning up at random.

csteggo

Jul 5, 2004
Every once in a while journalistic integrity shines through. I really wish this was the standard and not the exception. And I don't just mean towards republican talking points. I believe this should occur across the board. News agencies being prepared with, well facts. In fact it is too bad Crowley was the one chosen to moderate the debates and not O'Brian. Could you imagine a debate where the moderator actually points out the lies?

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Sununu.....hmmmm. Oh yeah, now I remember him. Didn't Bush fire him from his job as COS or something? Amazing how he keeps turning up at random.

It's a Republican thing. They love to recycle their losers.

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Of course you would.. you'd never think or speak critically of your "team".

When my team is publicly slamming and calling out the opposition I will get pleasure out of it, yes. This incident sparked 100+ reply thread on a much more popular forum and all the posts were cheering Sununu.

The gloves are off this election, no more being nice. Obama MUST be defeated if we are to save our country.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003
When my team is publicly slamming and calling out the opposition I will get pleasure out of it, yes. This incident sparked 100+ reply thread on a much more popular forum and all the posts were cheering Sununu.

The gloves are off this election, no more being nice. Obama MUST be defeated if we are to save our country.

I think the exchange was a draw.

You'd be less of a partisan shill if you criticized your team more often when they do stupid things. And yes, the Republican party does occasionally do stupid and wrong things... but you probably think they never do.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
I thought it was pretty good ownage by Sununu actually. Calls it exactly how it is.

Yes, but you are the one who "thought" not washing hands after dookie would improve your immune system.

See a pattern here?

guess_63cad7_2836674.jpg

csteggo

Jul 5, 2004

Have you read the CBO estimates that were referenced in the video. His statements were factually incorrect. Having a political bias is one thing but honestly isn't there some limit to your "belief" "in your side". At some point don't facts have to start meaning something to you? After reading the CBO and still thinking that ACA stole money from Medicare would be like thinking that Paul Ryan is a fiscal conservative based off of his voting record. By the way I am just curious to this other forum I would love to read that one. Do you mind sharing it?

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I thought Romney gave Sununu his walking papers after his last blatant screwup about a month ago. I guess they value bullshit and bluster more thatn cognitive thinking and honesty.

mect

Platinum Member
Jan 5, 2004
It appears that both of them are correct, and the argument is really over whether the Obama plan will have the intended results. The democrats appear to be arguing that less services will be needed as a result of the health care overhaul than were previously projected, thus enabling a 700 billion less than previously planned to go towards the program. Sununu's argument appears to be based on the premise that these savings will not be reallized, thus leading to 700 billion in cuts to at least what Romney is promising for the program. Fact check definitely does not appear to support what O'Brien is claiming, at least if this is the report she is referring to.
http://factcheck.org/2012/06/romney-obama-uphold-health-care-falsehoods/

It is pretty low of Sununu to resort to that type of behavior though, very immature of him.

sunzt

Diamond Member
Nov 27, 2003
It's a draw. You can interpret it both ways. Sununu just reminds me of ATPN on TV.... so sad...