Romney or Bachmann or Perry?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Romney or Bachmann or Perry?

• Mitt Romney

• Michelle Bachmann

• Rick Perry

• None of the above

Results are only viewable after voting.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
I like Johnson, though he doesn't seem to be a viable candidate this go-round. I would certainly take him over Romney, Perry, Bachmann, Pawlenty, Cain, etc . . .

Mostly because he seems to be a normal sensible guy, who might do a good job running the country
The rest of the morons in the pack don't deserve the nomination.

dali71

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2003
I'll cast my vote for "Generic Republican" ftw:

bbgpj1qvyeompyf1t0jdag.gif

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
As an independent looking solely at the choice of who is listed and who is rumored to be in the running....

Romney by a mile!

I base this solely on the fact that he was able to separate his personal, religious beliefs from those that he tried to govern with. Unlike the last Republican Governor that became President, this guy was successful at ruining businesses.

He might actually be only an okay pres...but would look like George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln all rolled up into a single person compared to the tools that he is running against in the primaries.

fify

His main business "experience" was buying companies for pennies on the dollar, selling off what was profitable, and putting all the employees out of work, Yep, that's what we need...o_O

lothar

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2000
Romney is a moderate. Either that or Obama is a conservative, because they're exactly the same.

I'd vote Obama over the three clowns in the poll choice. At least he's not a bible thumper.
I never knew the schneiderguy had more than 2 brain cells to rub together. :eek:
Color me shocked.

brencat

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2007
Unfortunately for the Republican party, their slate of candidates this go-round is kind of like the Island of Misfit Toys. It's very analogous to 2004 in that way - Obama is not especially popular, and would be vulnerable to the right Republican ticket, but that ticket does not exist. I would expect him to win re-election relatively easily barring some major, as-yet-unforeseen development.

Truth right here, unfortunately.

"None of the above" is the correct answer...

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

"Generic Republican" obviously refers to some imaginary idealization of a Republican candidate. The same goes for the Republican party in general. That person doesn't exist. The reality of the Republican contenders is quite different from that idealization, something that even people who aren't terribly bright can easily discern.

Of the 3, I'll say Perry, because he has the best hair. Other than that, none of them offer anything vaguely attractive. I doubt that voters in Republican primaries will use any more meaningful criteria to determine their candidate.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com

That will mean nothing if Dr. Paul runs as the Antifederalist candidate, for Obama will surely get a second term and a 3rd party will be born. I'm so damn sick of both parties that I could scream. Since I'm against Federal spending, I hate the Republicans more, due to their actions not matching their rhetoric. Now, if I favored mass redistribution, then I'd hate the Democrats more, because the Democrats favor certain industries over others and they favor regulations over redistribution and that's been their platform ever since they rejected Huey Long's make every man a king. Huey Long's "every man a king" should've been what the Democrats supported, with some minor modifications. I'm not fond of Huey Long, but at least his actions matched his rhetoric unlike the fasco-communist hybrid FDR.

Feb 10, 2000
Then you are saying you want four more years of this Fool, Bobo, the Post Turtle. Got it.

You do drugs, don't you?

What is with the random capitalization of "fool"? Is there a reason for it or is it just a weird-old-man affectation? I know "Bobo, the Post Turtle" is your idea of humor but would it kill you to call him President Obama? It seems you're just being gratuitously disrespectful of the office.

Texashiker

Lifer
Dec 18, 2010
Then you are saying you want four more years of this Fool, Bobo, the Post Turtle. Got it.

You do drugs, don't you?

No, and no.

I vote for real change. A vote for the Libertarian party, is a vote against business as usual.

And no, I do not do drugs.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
What is with the random capitalization of "fool"? Is there a reason for it or is it just a weird-old-man affectation? I know "Bobo, the Post Turtle" is your idea of humor but would it kill you to call him President Obama? It seems you're just being gratuitously disrespectful of the office.

I am not being gratuitously disrespectful. I am purposefully disrespectful of this Fool, Bobo, the Post Turtle.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
No, and no.

I vote for real change. A vote for the Libertarian party, is a vote against business as usual.

And no, I do not do drugs.

Don't do drugs? That is a good thing and very un-Libertarian of you.

As for your wanting change, I would say that is 2012 you hold your nose and vote for whomever the GOP puts up against this Fool, Bobo, the Post Turtle. Then in 2016 we can work together to get rid of that person. But first things first, we must get rid of who we are stuck with ow. so I beg of you to hold your nose and vote for the GOP candidate.

Thank you.