Romney opens mouth to change feet with comments on Palestinians..

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
I'm starting to wonder if he's going to sink Republican efforts to win more seats in Congress with all this shit.

Let's hope so.

I mean bashing 47% of the population and essentially writing them off since they pay no fed tax they must be Obama supporters?

I hope you Republicans that don't pay fed tax get down on your knees and beg for Mitts forgiveness.

Apr 27, 2012
Let's hope so.

I mean bashing 47% of the population and essentially writing them off since they pay no fed tax they must be Obama supporters?

I hope you Republicans that don't pay fed tax get down on your knees and beg for Mitts forgiveness.

Shameful, People like you are whats wrong with the US

We dont need barky

Uhtrinity

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2003
I think he's trying to be all things to all people and at the same time appease his voting base on the far right, which is an impossible task. If he could master it he'd be impressive, but as it is he just keeps tripping. He's not too bright.

McCain did the same thing in 2008 in aligning himself with Bush and trying to appeal to the base. I actually liked the 2000 and 2004 versions, absolutely hated the 2008 version. Same with Romney with all of his 180's. People might have complained about Kerry's flops, but Romney has outdone them all.

Reminds me of this http://www.mormonwiki.org/Lying_for_the_Lord , except Romney has expanded it to politics.

Orignal Earl

Diamond Member
Oct 27, 2005
Just wait a year from now, if still relevant, Romney supporters will be able to google a proper link for most topics

SandEagle

Lifer
Aug 4, 2007
Romney also told donors that Palestinians have no interest in pursuing a peace agreement with Israel and achieving a separate Palestinian state would not be possible.

"I look at the Palestinians not wanting to see peace anyway, for political purposes, committed to the destruction and elimination of Israel, and these thorny issues, and I say there's just no way," Romney said.

lol kissing the Israel butt. for what? to appease to less than 2% of the voters? he's a puppet, trained to serve his Israeli masters first, Americans 2nd. No No No Romnaaay, we need someone who puts AMERICANS first, second, and third. can i get an amen?

woolfe9999

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2005
I think he's trying to be all things to all people and at the same time appease his voting base on the far right, which is an impossible task. If he could master it he'd be impressive, but as it is he just keeps tripping. He's not too bright.

This. If anyone wonders why he says things which don't play well to many classes of voters, it's because the person or small group he is talking to at the time wants to hear it. I'm sure in this context he was preaching to the choir as he always does.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
It's got to be some piece of human scum who wants to see the Israelis and Palestinians kill each other.
Point of order: Neglecting to pretend Palestinians want peace /= "wants to see the Israelis and Palestinians kill each other."

peonyu

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2003
Point of order: Neglecting to pretend Palestinians want peace /= "wants to see the Israelis and Palestinians kill each other."

The Palestinians do want peace...It just requires that Israel is wiped off the map and the Jewish people are put into death camps. Once that happens then the Middle East will flow with honey and the children will walk down the dirt roads to their Mosques without any fear at all anymore!

Thats not asking much is it ?

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
The Palestinians do want peace...It just requires that Israel is wiped off the map and the Jewish people are put into death camps. Once that happens then the Middle East will flow with honey and the children will walk down the dirt roads to their Mosques without any fear at all anymore!

Thats not asking much is it ?
:D Oops! I stand corrected.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
That is ultimately my issue with him. He seems to have no foundational principles at all, except perhaps greed. He will literally state support for virtually any position if it is what the audience in front of him wants to hear. He'll then walk across the street and say exactly the opposite without a moment of hesitation. He truly is an Etch-a-Sketch, waiting for the highest bidder to draw his picture.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

OK, point of order then. I was trying to determine who barky is and I decided it must be a piece of scum who wants to see people in the ME kill each other because that is what our fine Incorruptible stated he proudly hoped he's see in another thread. You know, wanting to see people kill each other in one thread and then talking about something shameful in another takes some brass, eh? He wouldn't know know shame if it bit him in the ass, the worthless hypocrite.

randomrogue

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2011
lol so someone paid $50,000 to get a seat at this dinner and then totally sabotaged his whole campaign? Brilliant. How many little clips will we be seeing from now until November.

Honestly the best Romney can hope for now is an October surprise.

RampantAndroid

Diamond Member
Jun 27, 2004
This will not hurt Romney a bit and may help him with the Republican base. Plenty of Americans share his view of Palestinians. Those who don't share this view probably aren't likely Romney voters anyway.

This. Romney is right to a degree. There's a good percentage of voters he can just write off as pulling the party lever. Dunno if that's really 47% but it's probably pretty high.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
OK, point of order then. I was trying to determine who barky is and I decided it must be a piece of scum who wants to see people in the ME kill each other because that is what our fine Incorruptible stated he proudly hoped he's see in another thread. You know, wanting to see people kill each other in one thread and then talking about something shameful in another takes some brass, eh? He wouldn't know know shame if it bit him in the ass, the worthless hypocrite.
Fair enough. "Barky" is new to me too.

I certainly don't want to see Palestinians killed off. I just wish they weren't so - evil. Some of them anyway, I'm sure some of them are perfectly fine people.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
The only explanation is that Mitt is a secret Democratic operative meant to give Obama victory.

That actually makes sense. I mean what are the chances that a real Republican would become governor of Massachusetts :confused:

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Fair enough. "Barky" is new to me too.

I certainly don't want to see Palestinians killed off. I just wish they weren't so - evil. Some of them anyway, I'm sure some of them are perfectly fine people.

Woof, I believe there is only love. Everything else is evil. All that people do with their minds to justify hate for others is evil. The Israelis and the Palestinians are evil. They make each other evil. There is only love and the sin of rationalization, that you are justified in owning land, that you should have a state religion, that we are not all the same, that we kill our mirror image when we kill another. The Jews are sick, the Palestinians are sick, the whole world is sick. If you do not love the world and all who are in it equally, you are evil.

Also, it was Muslims killing Muslims that Barky Bark elsewhere lusted over.