Romney on '47 percent': I was 'completely wrong'

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49297082

By KASIE HUNT - AP

FISHERSVILLE, Va. — Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney has described his disparaging remarks about the 47 percent of Americans who don't pay federal income taxes as "not elegantly stated." Now he's calling them "just completely wrong."

Romney had contended that nearly half of Americans consider themselves "victims" and are dependent on government.

In an interview Thursday night with Fox News, Romney was asked what he would have said had the "47 percent" comments come up during his debate the night before with President Barack Obama.

Romney responded that sometimes in campaigning something doesn't come out right and that, quote, "In this case, I said something that's just completely wrong."

The "47 percent" comments came to light in mid-September after the release of a secretly recorded video from a May fundraiser.

Not sure how this works out for all the people who agreed with his remarks... anyone who said he was right want to take a swing at whether you still agree with him now?

Perknose

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 9, 1999
Romney disagrees with Romney's position? What will Future Romney have to say about this?

PowerYoga

Diamond Member
Nov 6, 2001
Well that depends on what will win him the most support at that time and whether he should give a fuck about us lesser folks to look good.

dali71

Golden Member
Oct 1, 2003
The pretender in the White House gets voted out in a month. Enjoy your denial while you can.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Funny criminal trait.
So often and only after the criminal is caught, will they say those famed words "I'm sorry".
Sorry?
Yep. Sorry in only that they were caught.
Every ten bit thug knows that line. Including ten bit thug Mitt Romney.

Hey... Lets wager. $10,000 that four years from now, every one who voted Mitt Romney in 2012 will have that old GW Bush-like buyers remorse.
Anyone? Anyone?

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Bottom line: Romney was being sincere preaching to the rich person's choir he had in attendance at his fundraiser and is lying through his teeth about being "completely wrong".

Well, on second thought, he was "completely wrong" afterall, just not for the pandering cover-his-ass reason he wants us to think he means.

And besides, I sympathize with Romney because being bi-polar is not a choice, is it? ;)

Subyman

Moderator <br> VC&G Forum
Mar 18, 2005
He was talking strategy to a group of insiders and wealthy people. He's not far off on his analysis, but I think the wording was improper. Rasmussen had a poll that showed 42% of people are absolutely going to vote for Obama, no matter what. Those are the people he was talking about. Poking jabs at them was simply pandering to the audience, which is a practice all politicians do. I didn't think the comment meant much at all and was surprised when it got so much air time. Especially considering the Libya attack took place around the same time.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
he was right to just own the comments

now he is a flip flopping panderer plus he is leaving his rabid supporters to hang out to dry on this issue.

I thought everyone rushed to his defense because he was RIGHT not WRONG ??

Cerpin Taxt

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Let's see.... do I believe that he was giving his true opinion when he thought only only a select few would hear it and he didn't know he was being recorded, or do I believe he is giving his true opinion now, after he's been called on it and everybody is now talking about it.

Hmmmm.... that's a toughie... :rolleyes:

Feb 19, 2001
So does he mean he's completely incorrect in a factual sense or does he mean he's in the wrong for saying something like this?

I think the latter is ok, but the former means he's flip flopping.

DaveSimmons

Elite Member
Aug 12, 2001
> I thought everyone rushed to his defense because he was RIGHT not WRONG ??

At least Obama waited until after he was elected to start disappointing his rabid followers.

Romney is throwing his supporters under the bus before they even get to vote for him.

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000
So does he mean he's completely incorrect in a factual sense or does he mean he's in the wrong for saying something like this?

If I was Romney my response would be, "Which do you want it to be?"

EXman

Lifer
Jul 12, 2001
Funny criminal trait.
So often and only after the criminal is caught, will they say those famed words "I'm sorry".
Sorry?
Yep. Sorry in only that they were caught.
Every ten bit thug knows that line. Including ten bit thug Mitt Romney.

Hey... Lets wager. $10,000 that four years from now, every one who voted Mitt Romney in 2012 will have that old GW Bush-like buyers remorse.
Anyone? Anyone?

Well the guy who introduced Obama to the DNC 4 years ago did now he switched sides.

3chordcharlie

Diamond Member
Mar 30, 2004
The pretender in the White House gets voted out in a month. Enjoy your denial while you can.

So you have no comment on the matter.

That means you are part of Romney's 42%.

Enjoy being an irrelevant demographic. To both parties.

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Romney disagrees with Romney's position? What will Future Romney have to say about this?
You're bright enough to know the answer to that: )

In other words, Romney has never disagreed with Romney's position... he has just said he did but that doesn't mean he actually did. Obama would offer to repeal Obamacare entirely, but then the Republicans wouldn't let him. The poor guy isn't going to get re-elected because he'll be too pro-market for the banksters if he gets re-elected. What Robert A Taft said was very true... only those backed by Wall Street can get elected and that's why Goldwater got fucked by someone even nuttier (LBJ) who found it cute to game the system. However, Mr. Landslide Lyndon was not as pure of a political oppurtunist as JFK and RFK were.

Romney is an aristocrat... he hates equality before the law and the truth, he loves legislation (which inherently distorts the natural balance of human action) and he loves the Federalist Party's Imperialist, modernly liberal, and modernly conservative constitution... he's too dumb to actually appreciate Hamilton's intellect though. Maybe George Washington is his god, I don't know. Washington cared about the people somewhat, but he was too manipulated by Hamilton... I'm also wondering if maybe that sick bastard Hamilton wanted to be murdered by Burr. There are times I wouldn't mind being murdered by people like Burr.

Romney raised taxes and the GDP of MA to balance the budget and he benefited from Bush's bubble of 06... so he's no fiscal conservative; he simply complied with the constitution of MA which is nothing like Hancock would've wanted, but probably more like what that asshole Bowdoin wanted. Clinton did the same thing to nearly balance the budget as he didn't really cut spending he just reduced the growth of it. He also pretty much made Halliburton by stealing everyone else's money. Obama's will go down in flames officially when Clinton shifts full support ahead to Romney... would you like to see Clinton's cryptic interest rate warning? Clinton has read Dr. Paul's books and he realizes that Dr. Paul is right, but the former wants to go against Dr. Paul because doing so keeps the state powerful. Clinton didn't give us a shitty economy, but only because he didn't want his image to look bad... he didn't fool me after High School though.

I'm terribly sorry if you didn't enjoy my commentary, but I was hoping you'd appreciate it Mr. Perknose.:)

I'm pissed off because I was beginning to appreciate Obama but now the Electoral College, at least, is going to remove his ass and replace him with a globally fascist dicktatortot. The Electoral College has always worked to the advantage of the corrupt anti-liberty aristocrats and not in favor of the people. I wish Jill Stein and Gary Johnson would drop the fuck out. Maybe Dr. Paul can counsel Obama because I know Obama and Dr. Paul can "read between the lines" unlike most people... unfortunately, it will be too late to save Jefferson's holistic vision or even Lincoln's/Wilson's all three of which were distorted by heartless assholes like Churchill and FDR. Neither Jefferson nor Wilson were proto-New Dealers as those two men would've been opposed to everything the globally and socially nationalist Roosevelt Presidents stood for.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2006
Let's see.... do I believe that he was giving his true opinion when he thought only only a select few would hear it and he didn't know he was being recorded, or do I believe he is giving his true opinion now, after he's been called on it and everybody is now talking about it.

Hmmmm.... that's a toughie... :rolleyes:

This all day, everyday.

Romeny is the biggest douche to run for president in my lifetime.

Nov 29, 2006

Since when is him flip flopping even news anymore? I mean isnt it just the way he is by now?

Maybe he shoud attend some FFA meetings to get a hold of his incescent flip flopping.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
This all day, everyday.

Romeny is the biggest douche to run for president in my lifetime.

I wish I could say the same.

dukakis.jpg